Fun Card Vs. Annual Pass?

Disney Debbie

<font color=deeppink>Survivor<br><font color=blue>
What am I missing? It seems to me you can buy a Fun Card and go all year for the price of a one day ticket. Why wouldn't you want to do this? What am I missing?

The Fun Card is good for admission only. The AP gives you admission, but it also gives you about 10% off on food and merchandise, free self-parking, and other deals throughout the year. If you go to the parks a lot, it might be better to buy the AP rather than the Fun Card.

Can anyone tell me how to find a quote/rate for the Fun Card? My husband and I are going to Disney but want to hit US/IOA - can you tell us where you get this information? Thanks!

Actually, I just found out that the Fun Card (www.universalfuncard.com) is actually a card that allows you discounts on the actual passes. Does anyone know any more than this? Thanks.

DNBois - The site you're looking at is for a credit card. If you go to the Universal site (I think it's www.universalstudios.com) and go to tickets you'll see the Fun Card I'm talking about.

Barry - So for someone like me that's going a few days in May and then might possibly go in the fall for a day the Fun Card makes sense, right? I was just going to get the One Day ticket that has the 2nd Day free. But since my folks live in Ocala and my brother can go for free whenever he wants, I might plan on a day trip next fall with them. This just seems too easy to be true - I'm afraid I've missed some major detail - like you can only go after 5:00 p.m. or something!!

Are you talking about Universal's Fun Card or Sea World and Busch Gardens' Fun Cards? Universal has a FAN CLUB card. The Fun card at BGT and SW give you admission for the entire year after paying for a year's card. In your case, Disney Debbie, get the Fun Card. The 2nd day free at Sea World must be used within 7 days after the first days.

Barry -

I am confused myself - I was looking for info on the Universal Studios Fun Card; I found the website but unfortunately, the agency that I work for would never (and most likely cannot) subscribe to this. I know that there is a credit card also but I'm just looking to get discounted tickets on all theme parks as we want to hit WDW, US, IOA and Sea World. Is there a Fun Card for Sea World - where can I find that info? Thanks!

Universal has the Fan Club card, which gives you discounts and other stuff. Sea World and Busch Gardens have the Fun Card, which is essentially pay for one day and get the rest of the year free.

Barry - I was talking about Sea World. Thanks for the advice - it seems to me that's the best option for me as well!

I believe that the Fun Card is available to Florida Residents only. The AP is a great deal, especially great to do the EZPay plan. Then you can divide the cost over the cost of the year...so you can walk in the park for only like $7 on your first visit...and you get the free parking, discounts, etc.

For $51.95, you can buy a one day pass to Sea World and get the second day free if used within 7 days.

Also for $51.95, you can buy a Fun Card pass which will give you unlimited entry to Sea World until Dec. 31, 2003.

How can they both be the same price?

YenSid - Their web-site doesn't have it as FL residents only.

Aisling - That's why I thought I was missing something! It looks to me like the difference is that an annual pass is good for 12 months from the day you first use it. The Fun Card says it's good through 12/31/03.

my first time I brought 2 fun cards - but soon upgraded one to an annual pass - because I really love to feed the dolphins - so I was going alot - the parking fee ($7) is pretty high - so I just got the annual pass - I think it is 4 to 5 trips one year for the silver card and the gold card (what I have now) is 3 to 4 trips in two years for the parking to be free.

my first time I brought 2 fun cards - but soon upgraded one to an annual pass - because I really love to feed the dolphins - so I was going alot - the parking fee ($7) is pretty high - so I just got the annual pass - I think it is 4 to 5 trips one year for the silver card and the gold card (what I have now) is 3 to 4 trips in two years for the parking to be free.

I am really not sure what you are saying, but, parking with either of the annuals you mentioned is always free (preferred is half price) from the start. This is my second year with an annual and I have yet to see a limit on parking or a minimum.

Can you buy the fun card at the gate?

We are not sure we are going to BG for a trip in March and want to just see when we get there BUT have a return trip planned for November and the Fun Card looks like the way to go.

Another interesting option is to buy the Platinum Passport for one member of the group and use it to buy 50% off single-day tickets for the others. Does this make sense? I haven't done the math yet but we are planning a trip next summer to Williamsburg. Anyone done this?

50% off single day admission voucher for a guest with each Platinum Passport purchased (distributed at time of purchase, valid 90 days from date of Passport purchase)

I would suggest you read the benefits a little more closely.

I don't think your plan is going to work. ;(

Thanks for the quick response Gail.

Aaah the details always foil a good plan.

Do you know if they sell Fun Cards at the BG gate or in Tampa? I still may be able to postpone the purchase until arrival.

Aaah the details always foil a good plan.

The Devil is always in the details. :)

I am sorry that I don't have the answers to your questions.
BUT, I bet the website will have them for you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter