Fuente del Oro - restaurant review

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This counter service restaurant is located in Frontierland, across from Big Thunder Mountain. If chilli, tacos, fajitas, burrito is your preference then this tex mex will not disappoint.
The restaurant is daubed with murals with both seating inside and outside.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

IMG_0169.jpg

Ooo... the menu looks great! Lots of Mexican goodness to be had. Drool...

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Mixed platter - Chicken wings, cheese jalapenos, onions rings, nachos, salsa, guacamole.

I think we caught them on a bad day as the food was horrible. It was barely warm. Shame as we all LOVE Mexican food...

Ooo... the menu looks great! Lots of Mexican goodness to be had. Drool...

I think we caught them on a bad day as the food was horrible. It was barely warm. Shame as we all LOVE Mexican food...

:eek: And I was just studying the menu because the pictures looked so great that I was really wanting to eat there!! I am not sure whether I would take that chance now...

We've always had a great time at this fast food restaurant. Tend to get a collection of foods including wings and platters and share out.
All 5 of us enjoy the variety and it makes a lovely change from burgers/nuggets without the expense of a table service :goodvibes

we had some lovely Nutella-filled Mickey-shaped brioche here this week

dlrpjuly2007009.jpg

All 5 of us enjoy the variety and it makes a lovely change from burgers/nuggets without the expense of a table service

I just can sign what Reid said. It is a lovely change from the other fast food restaurants. The food is great. Fresh and it looks tasty.

This picture was taken on 10.June 2007:

I'd forgotten about the taco salads, thanks Marcus.

First time I purchased this Diane thought oh no... but was raving about it for days :goodvibes

Thanks for all the positive comments, the restaurant looks so nice, it would be a shame if the food was not good! The salad looks great!! I will have to try to convinde the others to eat there in October!!

Damn! It must be just me then. :confused3

Actually, it was late afternoon, I suspect the food had been standing a while.

NOt just you!!! Our food was virtually inedible there, all lukewarm and mushy and so not worth the price! I had the chicken fajita meal it was minging!

We have eaten here most trips and always had a good meal. It tends to be somewhere we eat when its busy as the queues seem to move quickly.

This and Cowboy cookout are the only counter services we bother with as a rule at DLP. Usually the food is pretty good, even if they dumbed it down over the years.

We ate here on Sunday 14th December at midday.

I had the Mixed Plate which consisted of three cheese jalapenos, three chicken wings, 8 onion rings and a portion of nachos with salsa and guacamole. It was 8.95 and was very, very nice. Ellie had a Meal One which was Chilli con Carne and Chips with a Coke and was 9.95 (prices before our AP discount) This was quite nice although I personally felt that the Chilli could do with a bit more of a kick to it...Kacee throughly enjoyed all of it as he was picking on bits from both of our plates.

We ate here on the 17th Feb, 2010, using the free dining vouchers for dinner. It was a wet, chilly day, and when we went in at 2pm, the restaurant was warm and cosy.

Our boys had the childrens menu, which was one cheese and one ham sandwich, spicy fries (not spicy hot, just tasty, as my wife would say!), a drink and a Mickey shaped muffin. Our other son had two sausages instead of the sandwiches. We had chicken legs and spicy fries (they had run out of chilli con carne), with a cold drink and a Mickey brioche. The food was very tasty and warm, and being free, was a real bargain. I would certainly eat here with my own money!

Disney13052011103.jpg

I ate here on the 13th May 2011 and had Menu N°3 which is Chicken Fajitas, Mexican Fries, Ice cream bar or Churros (I had the Ice Cream seeing the weather) and a large drink,Coke Zero, which seems a bit daft after all the above but I like the taste and I had a large bottle of water with me ;)

It comes with a pot of Salsa and a packet of Guacamole, plus ketchup and mayonnaise so something for everybody

Disney13052011093.jpg

I'd already started on the fries while I was waiting for the Chicken to be finished cooking :laughing:

Disney13052011095.jpg

In the box you have 3 Tortillas and a huge portion of Chicken with onions and peppers, all this is cooked on a big steel plate a bit like a plancha. It's been marinated and while it has flavour it is not spicey or anything like mouth burning

Disney13052011096.jpg

It was steaming hot and way,way too much for 1 person like me :eek:

But very yummy so I did the best I could with my 3 Tortillas and enjoyed the sunshine :goodvibes

I paid 11,69€ with the PA Fantasy discount and will be back again and again as I like this place. It changes from the burgers and chips, pizzas and pasta box, sandwich options in the other c/s restaurants and I'm a sucker for Mexican food even though it's not authentic when it's as tasty as this !

Menu content hasn't changed (so just see the previous post) and the prices have gone up !

078-2.jpg

170.jpg

165.jpg

164.jpg

163.jpg

168.jpg

It's all change here and I'm not happy :mad: No more Mexican fries or Churros with the Fajitas :sad2: It's rice and fruit salad :scared1:

Somebody must have said the previous menu had "too much food for one person":rotfl2:

Thanking you on this post for all your updates - seeing the actual menus is so much better than just reading menu lists.

I also love the food in Fuente del Oro (setting authenticity aside - it's really tasty).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter