• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frozen!!!

:thumbsup2

It was ok. Sorry but the music stunk. It maybe that movies like lion king and Beauty and the Beast have really set the bar high but this movie didn't have one song that I can see anyone humming. LOL

I loved the drawing though. animation is spectacular.

All and all it was just ok.

This one is at the bottom for me.
Tangled
Brave
Frozen

There's another film, I can't remember which one, where I left the theater feeling the same way. If you don't leave the audience humming even ONE song, you've missed your mark.

As for your list of films, I'd have to go with which one I hated the least. All clunkers there.

The film is doing very well box office wise. It's made 26 million since Wednesday and this weekend it could reach 70 million for Fri-Sun

Jafar30 said:
The film is doing very well box office wise. It's made 26 million since Wednesday and this weekend it could reach 70 million for Fri-Sun

Generally it can't help but make money. Holiday release aimed at young kids.

Saw it with daughter in 3D. Personal view is that it is the best Disney princess movie ever and undoubtedly will win the full length cartoon feature academy award. However, no has mentioned the short cartoon, "Get a Horse," shown before the movie. Particularly in 3D it was amazingly creative with the intermix between an 80 year Mickey Mouse black and white cartoon with a modern color one with the characters actually appearing to be right on stage in front of you. That one may get the best oscar for short animated film. Thus, if you go to see Frozen, you will likely be seeing two oscar candidates.

Honestly, I loved every minute of Frozen. The animation was spectacular, and I liked the music. There was a lot of humor, but deeper messages as well. And I loved the little twist at the end.

As far as the short... wow. It reminded me of sitting in the Philharmagic show at Disney World.

I didn't love every song, but I liked most of them well enough. In fact, I've already pre-ordered the blu-ray from Amazon. :blush:

See it in 3D if you can, it was beautiful.

Can't Waite to hear other reviews. We bought soundtrack. Daughter loves it. We may go see it again.

Loved it! I thought tangled was better but Brave wasn't as good.

I think the music was spectacular and I left the theater not knowing whether or not to hum Let it Go, For the First Time, or Love is an Open Door. It took me a while to adjust to the more broadway style music but I got over it.

The only character I felt needed more development was Elsa. Other than that most of the characters were great.

I am in the Loved it group. We took DD to see it Wednesday afternoon, and DH bought the sound track when we got home. We have not stopped signing Let It Go ever since. I liked the story, loved the music, and it is at my top right now. Let it go may be in the running for Best Song as well.

Also agree with Get a Horse. This will definitely be a contender, but I adored The Umbrella as well, and think that will be stiff competition.

I liked it. Still, I saw Wreck-It-Ralph Last night for the first time and thought it was phenomenal. As a 30 year old man who's been an avid gamer my whole life I appreciated it more than a "princess movie", but Frozen was still good. It was certainly a beautifully animated movie and as far as the music, Olaf's song was my favorite.

And the spin on true love was good. Not the kind of trope Disney would have used traditionally, but not overly feminist either.

I liked it. Still, I saw Wreck-It-Ralph Last night for the first time and thought it was phenomenal. As a 30 year old man who's been an avid gamer my whole life I appreciated it more than a "princess movie", but Frozen was still good. It was certainly a beautifully animated movie and as far as the music, Olaf's song was my favorite.

And the spin on true love was good. Not the kind of trope Disney would have used traditionally, but not overly feminist either.

I LOVE Wreck-It-Ralph - and I'm a middle aged lady who was lucky to recognize Pac Man and Qbert. ;) Great characters, great voices, tight story, awesome twist that I did NOT see coming even though on a second viewing you pick up on all the hints, I never ever get tired of Calhoun and Felix in the NesQuik Sand, one of my favorite quotes ever is Felix's "I don't have to do boo! Forgive my potty mouth," I love Ralph's narration at the end - this was just brilliant all around and really really deserved the Oscar over "Brave," IMO.

Back on topic, I love Olaf's song, too - and the clip is actually posted on/by the official UK Disney site. Just search for Frozen In Summer on You Tube. Josh Gad was hilarious.

Took my 9 yo DD to see the movie yesterday, we loved it! Several surprise twists and loved the underlying message. So refreshing for a Disney movie! As the credits rolled, we hung around to see if there would be a bonus scene but gave up as everyone else did. I even thought about asking the ushers on the way out if there would be a bonus scene but didn't. Drat.

Took my 9 yo DD to see the movie yesterday, we loved it! Several surprise twists and loved the underlying message. So refreshing for a Disney movie! As the credits rolled, we hung around to see if there would be a bonus scene but gave up as everyone else did. I even thought about asking the ushers on the way out if there would be a bonus scene but didn't. Drat.

The actual bonus scene involving the snow monster comes after all credits have run but it was not one where you can say you really missed something worth staying for. What you likely did miss was the hilarious corporate disclaimer about certain comments made by Kristoff during the movie, which disclaimer came just before the end of the credits.

Generally it can't help but make money. Holiday release aimed at young kids.

Sorry folks, but here's another of the voices of reason.

What else is playing right now that children can go see as a family? Freebirds? I think not. So this one was going to make money regardless.

Will boys enjoy it? Or is it more like the princess movies?
My 7yo liked it. It's not as "princess-y" and girly as other ones. He usually asks how much longer during the movie, but not this one. He actually wants to see it again. I absolutely LOVED Frozen. I thought everything was spectacular. The animation was breathtaking, the music was wonderful and the story was unique.
Someone else mentioned the broadway like style and I agree. It was very Broadway; but I believe the songwriters are from Broadway. It'll be easy to adapt to a live show! Lol

Ahh well, guess we'll just have something to look forward to when we get the Blu-Ray! :goodvibes

I take it you don't follow box office. It's main competition isn't Thor 2 it's Catching Fire and that is going to be one biggest box office hits of all time. I know you feel necessary to be a contrarian but every box office analyst will tell what Frozen did this weekend is a great result

I am in the Loved it group. We took DD to see it Wednesday afternoon, and DH bought the sound track when we got home. We have not stopped signing Let It Go ever since. I liked the story, loved the music, and it is at my top right now. Let it go may be in the running for Best Song as well.

Also agree with Get a Horse. This will definitely be a contender, but I adored The Umbrella as well, and think that will be stiff competition.

Get a horse was amazing, and we loved, loved, loved Frozen 3d!!!

I take it you don't follow box office. It's main competition isn't Thor 2 it's Catching Fire and that is going to be one biggest box office hits of all time. I know you feel necessary to be a contrarian but every box office analyst will tell what Frozen did this weekend is a great result

Forgot about Catching Fire. But then, I'm not into chick flicks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter