Frozen M&G

And this is one of the areas in which I maintain the GAC was not providing equal access, as not having a system in place here means the meet and greet is inaccessible to many people. Considering that the whole point of this new system is to provide equal access,it needs to be equal access for all attractions, shows, etc.

I wholeheartedly agree!

This exactly. My family wouldn't be able to, or even willing to, wait in a line like that.

It kind of sucks for everyone. Everyone has to find a way to endure that or not meet them. Luckily they're allowing single guests to wait for groups which is an option for everyone.

Yes, which is what we ended up deciding in the end. We simply could not wait for the M&Gs. We let our autistic daughter choose one & split up to do so just that one time. It was so very hard on her, and worse for her sister, who always always gets the short end of the stick.

I am a very strong supporter of creating ease of access for children like my daughter and son. I am not a supporter of FOTL access however. I have a Masters degree in Operations & Logistics and just feel that Disney has not thought enough about this aspect of their parks. It irks me to no end, because fully-abled families shouldn't be waiting 4 hours to see a princess or ride a ride. From a business standpoint, while I'm waiting 4 hours, I'm not spending any money. :scratchin

Luckily they're allowing single guests to wait for groups which is an option for everyone.

Everyone who has a spare person in their group.

I don't know why they just don't go post office style "take a number". So -everybody- takes a number and the number has a return time on it. If you aren't there when your number is called, you forfeit it and the next number is called. (I would expect the return time to be a 'grouping'- not exactly at the expected time your number is called. Maybe Disney would plan to get guests to return 15 minutes before they are called.)

When people are having to leave a member of the group for 2+ hours, giving everyone a return time makes a lot more sense.

Everyone who has a spare person in their group. I don't know why they just don't go post office style "take a number". So -everybody- takes a number and the number has a return time on it. If you aren't there when your number is called, you forfeit it and the next number is called. (I would expect the return time to be a 'grouping'- not exactly at the expected time your number is called. Maybe Disney would plan to get guests to return 15 minutes before they are called.) When people are having to leave a member of the group for 2+ hours, giving everyone a return time makes a lot more sense.

I don't think they're going to implement an entirely different system for one meet and greet unfortunately. Hopefully wherever they end up has FP and everyone wins.

Since it's not different then how the GAC operated I imagine there is a reason they don't do this. Even these explanations of how it might work sound like a lot of extra stuff the CM needs to worry about. There's probably an element of not giving preferential treatment since non disabled guests can't get a FP and avoid the line either.

Well, one big difference for me, is that it's just me and my disabled son. I have no option to have a line space holder person. Some parties can do that, and split up, but parties with just one parent and disabled child/adult cannot.

Once a CM brought us into see Buzz and Woody, over by TS Mania at the studios. She just waved us in, from the street, we were sort of looking in, but I was not going to get in that line. We just did a quick photo. It was nice of her. pixiedust:

We will try and see Anna/Elsa at DL next month. I am hoping the lines at DL are not as bad as WDW. :p

And I am not saying that DAS holders should "cut" meet and greet lines, I am just saying that some things are tougher for us single caretakers. And so it goes with life; I will not sweat it and have a great old time no matter what!

Well, one big difference for me, is that it's just me and my disabled son. I have no option to have a line space holder person. Some parties can do that, and split up, but parties with just one parent and disabled child/adult cannot. Once a CM brought us into see Buzz and Woody, over by TS Mania at the studios. She just waved us in, from the street, we were sort of looking in, but I was not going to get in that line. We just did a quick photo. It was nice of her. pixiedust: We will try and see Anna/Elsa at DL next month. I am hoping the lines at DL are not as bad as WDW. :p And I am not saying that DAS holders should "cut" meet and greet lines, I am just saying that some things are tougher for us single caretakers. And so it goes with life; I will not sweat it and have a great old time no matter what!
Any single parent has the exact same problem. It is not unique to single parents of disabled kids.

Any single parent has the exact same problem. It is not unique to single parents of disabled kids.

Exactly. Again, they aren't singling out disabled families. Everyone is,facing the same challenges with this meet and greet unfortunately. And since the DAS doesn't work for several meet and greets they aren't treating it a unique way.

Single parents with typical kids do not have it the same as single parents with disabled kids/adults. Sorry. I disagree, respectfully.

And single parents with disabled adult "kids" have it the hardest of all, actually. Depending on the disability of course. So for example, me in a 2 hour line with my son, is not quite the same as another single parent with a typical child. I am dealing with a non-verbal adult who has toileting accidents, touching other people, etc.

But, these sorts of long lines are awful for everyone, I agree with you there. Not looking for sympathy or anything, we are all dealt a different hand in life. It took me long time to accept that. And it is not up to Disney to even things out. But, I am glad they have the FP+ for a couple of the M&Gs, I did use those last trip. :thumbsup2 For the Frozen M&G, we will go there first thing one day, I think. (again, DL not WDW)

Single parents with typical kids do not have it the same as single parents with disabled kids/adults. Sorry. I disagree, respectfully. And single parents with disabled adult "kids" have it the hardest of all, actually. Depending on the disability of course. So for example, me in a 2 hour line with my son, is not quite the same as another single parent with a typical child. I am dealing with a non-verbal adult who has toileting accidents, touching other people, etc. But, these sorts of long lines are awful for everyone, I agree with you there. Not looking for sympathy or anything, we are all dealt a different hand in life. It took me long time to accept that. And it is not up to Disney to even things out. But, I am glad they have the FP+ for a couple of the M&Gs, I did use those last trip. :thumbsup2 For the Frozen M&G, we will go there first thing one day, I think. (again, DL not WDW)
In this situation they do. If I take my girls to wdw by myself and want to go to this meet and greet, my two four year olds (who both have disabilities but not visible and don't effect their line waiting ability other than they are four) are not going to be able to wait four hours. I am not able to let them wander Epcot by themselves until it is time for them meet anna and Elsa. We are talking about this specific line. you say it's not up to Disney to even things out but that's what you say you want them to do for you.
I'm not going to play who has it worse because I don't do pain Olympics. In this situation a single parent is a single parent is a single parent.

Does anyone know if the frozen characters are going to be added to the askershus banquet hall? I have reservations there end of March and I know they are a must meet for my son...but he has ADHD and will not be able to wait in that line if it's as long as u say.

There may be no difference in your opinion, but there is a difference legally. It's called the ADA.

I hope that Disney works towards both shortening the wait times for everyone along with finding a way to use the DAS for all character meet and greets. It's a win win for everyone!

There may be no difference in your opinion, but there is a difference legally. It's called the ADA. I hope that Disney works towards both shortening the wait times for everyone along with finding a way to use the DAS for all character meet and greets. It's a win win for everyone!

They have to provide equal access. They are providing equal access. Those with a wheelchair may have an argument but the Ada does not require buildings built prior to it's enactment to be retrofit unless the owner does a larger remodel of the building. So that would even be grandfathered in.

They have to provide equal access. They are providing equal access. Those with a wheelchair may have an argument but the Ada does not require buildings built prior to it's enactment to be retrofit unless the owner does a larger remodel of the building. So that would even be grandfathered in.

Actually they only have to provide the opportunity for equal access, which they are doing.

The 'person can't wait in line' issues are not well covered under the ADA, as the ADA does not touch on time. Since everyone's day is 24 hours long, there's really no way that the ADA is going to state that one person's time is more important/valuable than someone else's.

If someone can't wait in line because that person becomes agitated and hostile/dangerous, then it is not an ADA issue at all. There is no part of the ADA that states that a person gets to wait less or wait someplace else because they may harm themselves or someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter