Frozen M&G

My DH stood in line and we took turns. (Went for lunch etc) most groups were doing that. The CMs seemed to have a good handle on things as they would ask a lone dad waiting how many others were in his party so they knew a line of 10 was really 40.

I know this is not the norm, but we were treated differently at the Frozen meet and greet. When we went the wait was 2.5 hours or so, and they were suggesting that someone serve as a placeholder in line, which would not have been an option for us. After asking the castmember what our options were and saying thanks, we walked away, only to have the lead chase us down and offer to let our daughter bypass the line if we came back at the start of the next session.

Now, our daughter is significantly visibly disabled and it is clear looking at her why waiting in that line together OR split up is not a good option. So I would never expect this, but took it as a large dose of pixie dust. :wizard:

I know this is not the norm, but we were treated differently at the Frozen meet and greet. When we went the wait was 2.5 hours or so, and they were suggesting that someone serve as a placeholder in line, which would not have been an option for us. After asking the castmember what our options were and saying thanks, we walked away, only to have the lead chase us down and offer to let our daughter bypass the line if we came back at the start of the next session. Now, our daughter is significantly visibly disabled and it is clear looking at her why waiting in that line together OR split up is not a good option. So I would never expect this, but took it as a large dose of pixie dust. :wizard:

That is awesome!! So glad she got to meet them. : )

I know this is not the norm, but we were treated differently at the Frozen meet and greet. When we went the wait was 2.5 hours or so, and they were suggesting that someone serve as a placeholder in line, which would not have been an option for us. After asking the castmember what our options were and saying thanks, we walked away, only to have the lead chase us down and offer to let our daughter bypass the line if we came back at the start of the next session.

Now, our daughter is significantly visibly disabled and it is clear looking at her why waiting in that line together OR split up is not a good option. So I would never expect this, but took it as a large dose of pixie dust. :wizard:

How nice of the CM to allow this!

I waited the entire 3 hours myself while DH was out and about in the park with our 3 kids, two with autism. We went first thing in the morning so they got to ride Nemo 3-4 times that day! I really wish DAS could be used for M&Gs! In fact, I think I'll be contacting a CM my aunt knows to see if she can forward that feedback to decision making eyes rather than sending an email which will never get seen.

based on what happens at small park I work at, not Disney, any idea for change comes better from a guest than CM. take the time to fill out at the park as an idea to improve your visit the next time. same thing said by CM as someone told me would just be tossed. something to think about it is the guests who park wants to have come back more than what CM say should be done

I waited the entire 3 hours myself while DH was out and about in the park with our 3 kids, two with autism. We went first thing in the morning so they got to ride Nemo 3-4 times that day! I really wish DAS could be used for M&Gs! In fact, I think I'll be contacting a CM my aunt knows to see if she can forward that feedback to decision making eyes rather than sending an email which will never get seen.

Unfortunately I don't see that happening (the GAC didn't allow most character locations either).

I don't see that happening. Its simple logistics. There are no fast pass for most character meets and the lines could quickly become long for das holdhers. Also for some popular characters like frozen I could see it ending up with so many das holders that the other guests would see significantly longer waits. I personally think the current method works fairly well although it doesn't accommodate single parents too well.

DAS can be used for meet and greets with Fastpass/Fastpass Plus.

Right now at MK, that includes the Princesses at Fairytale Hall and Mickey in Town Square. I envision them adding more as time goes on and that would take care of DAS holders also since they would be able to use DAS.

Before Toontown closed, they did have accommodation of waiting somewhere else for the Princesses and Fairies meeting in Toontown. They basically gave a return time ticket and had a seating area where you could wait.

I agree that it's not likely they would just allow guests with DAS to go in without a wait (the one poster got some really nice pixie dust). I agree with Gracie09 that DAS holders could overwhelm the system if that was regular operating procedure. The areas, other than those with Fastpass/Fastpass Plus are just not set up to allow for people to join the line without some member of their party waiting in line.

I don't see that happening. Its simple logistics. There are no fast pass for most character meets and the lines could quickly become long for das holdhers. Also for some popular characters like frozen I could see it ending up with so many das holders that the other guests would see significantly longer waits. I personally think the current method works fairly well although it doesn't accommodate single parents too well.

I'm not suggesting immediate access, but accommodations as the DAS already allows, a return time based on the current wait time. If the current wait time is 3 hours and they are queuing up for 4th hour, I see no reason a return time of that 4th hour is causing other guests longer wait times or overwhelming the line. 1 person, could stay & wait in line for their entire party. Be it 2 people or 10+ people. Either way, people are jumping in the line at the last minute anyway. The CMs ask how many in your party & base the line on that. They allow this for already. It's honestly no different. The next person in line simply needs to be told that they have reserved a space for a guest requiring assistance accessing the attraction directly ahead of them.

I'm not suggesting immediate access, but accommodations as the DAS already allows, a return time based on the current wait time. If the current wait time is 3 hours and they are queuing up for 4th hour, I see no reason a return time of that 4th hour is causing other guests longer wait times or overwhelming the line. 1 person, could stay & wait in line for their entire party. Be it 2 people or 10+ people. Either way, people are jumping in the line at the last minute anyway. The CMs ask how many in your party & base the line on that. They allow this for already. It's honestly no different. The next person in line simply needs to be told that they have reserved a space for a guest requiring assistance accessing the attraction directly ahead of them.

But how do you control that. At the rides and other attractions there is either a fast pass line or a exit used to allow access when people come back with a das. At most m&g including this one, there is no fp line or exit. Even when GAC was in place it wasn't able to be used at most m&g, even Rapunzel when those lines were several hours long. So the cm would have to insert people with return times into the queue? or do they jump ahead of everyone when they return (I could see that going over well).

But how do you control that. At the rides and other attractions there is either a fast pass line or a exit used to allow access when people come back with a das. At most m&g including this one, there is no fp line or exit. Even when GAC was in place it wasn't able to be used at most m&g, even Rapunzel when those lines were several hours long. So the cm would have to insert people with return times into the queue? or do they jump ahead of everyone when they return (I could see that going over well).

It really wouldn't be too hard, you put a return time on the card and piece of paper designed to look like a no strings attached pass (which can be issued for front of the line at any meet and greet). They bring the piece of paper back, then go to the front of the line and they are let in (without anyone knowing the difference between this and a no strings attached pass), then the next CM can cross off the time on the pass.

Because they know the number of people in the party, the length of the line for everyone else isn't being affected by this anyway, so they could just explain this when someone comes back as well.

How do they know when one 40 mins line ends right now? Every M&G except for the open space ones like Alice & Stitch do have organized entrances with rope lines & hard to navigate areas. A wheelchair/stroller=wheelchair situation would not have been able to be accommodated at Frozen the way we walked through so they must have had another plan for that.

Currently they don't move the next hour's line to the space by the entrance until the previous 40 mins is up. The entrance is closed off by a CM who is stationed there to direct newcomers where to go. The entrance is already manned and they could easily allow a DAS holder access during the last 10-20 minutes this way. they could ways add them to the end of the line. Wait time is into 1pm hour, DAS holder approaches. They are given a return time of 1:20pm so they are last to enter the line. The CM knows that instead of 60 guests (just throwing a number here) total for the hour, they can only take 50. When they reach that limit the 1pm slot is filled and they start the queue for 2pm. They're already doing that. For a DAS holder it would mean a longer wait potentially, but that's the trade off. Just like with a regular FP, you miss your entrance time, you missed your chance. Get a new time to return.

Since it's not different then how the GAC operated I imagine there is a reason they don't do this. Even these explanations of how it might work sound like a lot of extra stuff the CM needs to worry about.

There's probably an element of not giving preferential treatment since non disabled guests can't get a FP and avoid the line either.

Since it's not different then how the GAC operated I imagine there is a reason they don't do this. Even these explanations of how it might work sound like a lot of extra stuff the CM needs to worry about.

There's probably an element of not giving preferential treatment since non disabled guests can't get a FP and avoid the line either.
And this is one of the areas in which I maintain the GAC was not providing equal access, as not having a system in place here means the meet and greet is inaccessible to many people. Considering that the whole point of this new system is to provide equal access,it needs to be equal access for all attractions, shows, etc.

And this is one of the areas in which I maintain the GAC was not providing equal access, as not having a system in place here means the meet and greet is inaccessible to many people. Considering that the whole point of this new system is to provide equal access,it needs to be equal access for all attractions, shows, etc.

I imagine many families cannot wait for 3-4 hours for characters either, not just disabled people. Doesn't make it less accessible.

I imagine many families cannot wait for 3-4 hours for characters either, not just disabled people. Doesn't make it less accessible.

This exactly. My family wouldn't be able to, or even willing to, wait in a line like that.

It kind of sucks for everyone. Everyone has to find a way to endure that or not meet them. Luckily they're allowing single guests to wait for groups which is an option for everyone.

Actually it does, many other family's that dont have a disabled child or adult could split up and have somebody wait in the Q for them & join later,
But family's with a disabled person might need for example both parents to transfer the child from chair to ride,
Or in my case our autistic son will not be separated from either adult in the park for more then a few minutes for fear of something happening to the other person and severely melts down!
These are only a few reasons there are many more.

tinkerpea said:
Actually it does, many other family's that dont have a disabled child or adult could split up and have somebody wait in the Q for them & join later,
But family's with a disabled person might need for example both parents to transfer the child from chair to ride,
Or in my case our autistic son will not be separated from either adult in the park for more then a few minutes for fear of something happening to the other person and severely melts down!
These are only a few reasons there are many more.

There are also plenty of reasons a non disabled family couldnt leave one parent to wait... Or single parents. Its not singling anyine out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter