• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Sorry about Disney but your still living there, that's good. An AP is great to have you can go whenever you want too. Good luck on your continued adventures in Orlando

Hi Robin,
I'm so sorry things didn't work out. I think it takes a lot of courage to realize your dream isn't leading you in the right direction. I commend you on making a smart decision on what is best for you right now. I think getting an AP is the right choice to keep you close to the magic without the financial, mental and physical strain you have been experiencing. With your positive outlook I'm sure you'll find your path. I wish you all the joy and happiness your bright future has to offer.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

All the best for a positive future - looking forward to some park updates when you can. Take care.

Hey Robin,

Sorry things at Disney didn't turn out. Luckily you will have your annual pass soon and you can go to the parks as much as you want!! That is for sure a dream in itself! Have fun and best of luck!!

Oh no, I'm so sorry it didn't work out as planned. But everyone's right...having an AP at Disney and living close enough to go frequently is amazing in itself. Probably even better than the original plan. Have fun and I hope you'll stay in touch and let us know how it's going! We still want to hear about everything! (at least I do :))

I'll join in and agree with everyone. It is a shame that things didn't work out how you wanted them to with Disney. Their wages are not competitive and difficult to make a living sometimes. At least you did it for a while. Having said that, being able to live a life is far more important. I know the decision was hard but most decisions in life are hard. I hope you get your annual pass and you are able to live the Disney dream through a different way. I commend you for all your hard work and mental fortitude. You are a wonderful example to me. Keep up the great work, Robin.

I'll join in and agree with everyone. It is a shame that things didn't work out how you wanted them to with Disney. Their wages are not competitive and difficult to make a living sometimes. At least you did it for a while. Having said that, being able to live a life is far more important. I know the decision was hard but most decisions in life are hard. I hope you get your annual pass and you are able to live the Disney dream through a different way. I commend you for all your hard work and mental fortitude. You are a wonderful example to me. Keep up the great work, Robin.
Same here, I agree

Robin, thank you for allowing us to share your journey. Best of luck as you venture out on a new path. Keep dreaming!

Hi everyone,
I am sorry I was MIA for so long. Unfortunately I had to separate from the Walt Disney Company , and it was an extremely hard decision. I knew that the financial risk of being full-time at Disney was eventually going to become too much, and unfortunately that time came all too soon. I was working a lot of long hours and it was taking it's toll both physically and mentally, not to mention it just wasn't paying the bills.

I did find a new job at a restaurant near my house and I am now making enough to not only just survive but to put away some for the future. My goal is to get an annual pass by the end of July because I have missed the parks so much! Thank you all so much for following along with my adventure. It was a wonderful 4 months at Disney and it was what I always dreamed up so I am glad I came back. My new dream is to go purely as a guest whenever I want and I am working on it every day!
wow -I am so sorry
but honestly I am glad you figured this out sooner than later
I have seen DISers do this in the past, and it is impossible to work WDW full time and really make a living

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to stop by with a quick update before I really get back into updating this forum. I was able to get my AP in September and have been blessed with being able to experience Halloween and Disney and just the other day I was able to see the Christmas lights on Cinderella's Castle. It's always been a dream of mine to experience Florida this time of the year and I am actually doing it! I want to keep this updated as I am now more settled into life!

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to stop by with a quick update before I really get back into updating this forum. I was able to get my AP in September and have been blessed with being able to experience Halloween and Disney and just the other day I was able to see the Christmas lights on Cinderella's Castle. It's always been a dream of mine to experience Florida this time of the year and I am actually doing it! I want to keep this updated as I am now more settled into life!

I'm glad you gave an update! Great news on the AP & enjoying the holiday events at WDW! I hope that you found a great enjoyable job!!!!!

Great to see an update from you! I have yet to experience Christmas at WDW, but maybe someday. It looks wonderful this time of year.

Robin so glad things are going well and that you are still living your dream even if it is slightly different then you thought it would be. Please keep us posted on your adventures.

Hello beautiful people! For those of you that are still with me from before, Welcome Back! And for those of you just joining in on the adventures :welcome:

It has been so long since I have updated this thread, and I truly miss writing these updates! So let's see, where am I in life at this moment?

Well, I am working as a waitress in Orlando near MCO airport, and I live in the area. I managed to find a great place to live. 450$ a month for a 1 bedroom with a private bathroom in a townhome with a lovely older lady.

It's about a 35 minute drive to Disney from my house, which is lovely. I do work a lot of hours so I haven't been able to get to the parks as often as I would have liked, and actually had recently went a whole month without a visit. But when I went back the other day the magic and happiness I always feel walking down Main Street USA was rekindled!

I decided that I would go to Magic Kingdom last Thursday 3/10/2016 around 3pm since the park closed the latest. It was serioulsy just the most perfect weather!
IMG_7186.JPG

I was so happy to be back "home"!

First thing I did was walk to Adventureland to catch Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial cause who doesn't love to look at Jack :love:

IMG_7212.JPG

But on my way I discovered that Skipper Canteen had opened it's doors. I asked a CM if I could go in a just take a peek, and it looks beautiful.
IMG_7200.JPG
IMG_7202.JPG
Very nicely done, for sure!

IMG_7370.JPG
I decided to takes some artsy photos of the castle after making a loop from Adventureland, through Frontierland, through Fantasyland, and through Tomorrowland back to the front of the castle. The wait times were pretty long so I figured I'd just get some steps in!
IMG_7466.JPG
Then I decided I would take a little rest on the famous "HUB Grass" and had an impromtu photoshoot!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg
I made another loop around the park only this time around I hopped on Haunted Mansion since the line went down to 20 minutes. I just love that ride! I continued on and decided to stop by Gaston's Tavern for some Le Fou's Brew. An excellent choice on this gorgeously sunny day!
FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Yummy!! Speaking of yummy... after I made my way back to the front of the park I was in the mood for some food and decided to give Casey's Corner a try! I loved their mini hot dogs and shoestring fries!
IMG_7497.JPG
I looked through the gift shops on my way out of the park, I had wanted to stay for the shows that night but I was tired after having worked very long days and being on my feet too much so I decided to head home. But boy was it just the dose of pixie dust I needed to remind myself just why I moved here :wizard:
IMG_7499.PNG
Got my 10,000 Steps in!

My plan is to at least do Disney once a week and really get use out of my annual pass, and I'd love to update this as often as I get to the parks!

Thanks for following along!

Glad to hear from you and that things are going well - sounds like a good living situation you found!

Sometimes those low-key days are the best to just take in the Magic Kingdom - and that weather was pretty spectacular!

Hi there Robin! It's nice to see you back in the parks :goodvibes Of course I'm still following you on FB so I know what you've been up to, and it seems like you're happy and I'm glad. But good to see you posting here again too!

Nice to see you updating again. I'm glad to hear things are working out better for you now. If I lived closer and had an annual pass, I would hope to spend a day in MK just like this. Interesting that you enjoy Le Fou's Brew. I have never tried it because I have read so many mixed reviews. Some enjoy it, others don't. I guess I should give it a try next time.

I'm glad to hear that things are working out well for you. Sounds like you had an awesome day at MK - I hope you get to go back to the parks again soon to have even more awesome days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter