Fried chicken differences?

Looks amazing though! Can’t wait to have Plaza chicken again this summer after 5 years away from DL.

So, Plaza's is hands down the best fried chicken in the parks and fairly high on the list even outside the parks, although there are a couple of places that are up for the challenge.

Flo's is similar; however, it isn't quite the same as others have pointed out.

Poultry Palace isn't even in the same league as it is considered Outdoor Vending, and not even considered a restaurant.

I would say the order for Fried Chicken is (Best to Worst):
  1. Plaza Inn (By a long shot)
  2. Knott's Berry Farm Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Dine In preferably, but the to go is good too and no theme park ticket needed (Yes, outside the parks, but its a classic and if you are in the area, you have to)
  3. Carnation Cafe
  4. Flo's
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. Poultry Palace
Yes, I would really put Poultry Palace that far down the list.
I 100 percent agree with this assessment entirely. Couldn't have said it better myself. Knott's is great and def 2nd place to Plaza Inn :P Poultry Palace is bleh. Flo's is 'okay.' Carnation Cafe's is eh.

Plaza inn is by far the best fried chicken I have ever had, Id never tried until a couple of years ago and than was kicking myself on missing out all these years

You guys obviously have not tried the fried chicken at storytellers brunch buffet! Hands down best fried chicken in Orange County!

It is that good!!!
A must try and puts Plaza, flos, carnation, knotts, poultry to shame!

You guys obviously have not tried the fried chicken at storytellers brunch buffet! Hands down best fried chicken in Orange County!

It is that good!!!
A must try and puts Plaza, flos, carnation, knotts, poultry to shame!
Oh, I have tried it and it was terrible, it was soggy, stale and flavourless.

Thanks to everyone on this thread, my son and I shared a Plaza Inn chicken plate yesterday. Miles above what we had at Flo's - flavorful, moist, and seasoned throughout! Is it the best fried chicken I've ever had? I wouldn't say so, but for something in a park, it surely was tops!

I just noticed another entrant to this category. Looks like River Belle Terrace has Southern Fried Game Hen. Any opinions on this? Seems to certainly be pricy at $25.

I just noticed another entrant to this category. Looks like River Belle Terrace has Southern Fried Game Hen. Any opinions on this? Seems to certainly be pricy at $25.
Honestly, I never tried it, there are so many other great options there.

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused because the Plaza Inn chicken entrees contain THREE pieces of chicken. The chicken fried chicken (chicken breast that is breaded in flour or breadcrumbs, seasoned with spices and then cooked) from Plaza Inn is just one piece.

And the fried chicken at Flo's is 3 pieces. Only Chicken fried chicken is 1.

Ok I must be not that bright. I didn't realize you can get ✨double mashed potatoes instead of veggie✨. Or do ✨double veggie and no mashed potatoes. ✨

✨MIND BLOWN✨

Ok I must be not that bright. I didn't realize you can get ✨double mashed potatoes instead of veggie✨. Or do ✨double veggie and no mashed potatoes. ✨

✨MIND BLOWN✨

You can also buy extra biscuits, extra pieces of chicken, get all white meat (only 2 pieces that way and $2 extra), extra sides, get extra gravy (that's free)...

You can also buy extra biscuits, extra pieces of chicken, get all white meat (only 2 pieces that way and $2 extra), extra sides, get extra gravy (that's free)...

Yes but I had no idea about free substitutions. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter