free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

Do they mail you tickets or do you show ID on arrival and pick them up at a will-call type window?

So who did you end up contacted to get them?
I think I'm gonna try too!

I called the Senators office and explained what I was trying to get. They put me in touch with the person who handed those requests (she is the tour coordinator).

:goodvibesAfter I explained where KSC was :goodvibesand what I was trying to get (admission tickets) she contacted me and told me the info in the last post.

Do they mail you tickets or do you show ID on arrival and pick them up at a will-call type window?

In September 2011, our's were at the will-call window with photo ID required. I was sure to take a printout of the confirmation email as well.

Whoo-hoo! Just found out we have tickets for April. So glad I saw this thread. I had no idea you could get free tickets this way! We got them through our Senator's office, and they gave me a confirmation number to pick them up when we arrive.

Laurie

We were also just given our confirmation numbers for four Maximum access tickets for April 5, 2012!

I live in PA and e-mailed our Congresswoman's office back in November.

We were also just given our confirmation numbers for four Maximum access tickets for April 5, 2012!

I live in PA and e-mailed our Congresswoman's office back in November.
Oh Good this gives me hope for our request which we havent heard about yet.

I reached out to my Congressman about two months ago and just got this back after the initial emails of what day we would want and the names of people going.

Dear Mr. XXXX

Complimentary Maximum Access Tickets have been reserved for a tour of the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Visitor Complex for:

• Constituent Name: Nick XXXX
• Number of Adults: 2
• Number of Children: 2 (Ages 3 -11)
• Date of Visit: XXXX
• Confirmation number: XXXXXX

Tickets may be picked up at the KSC Group Sales Office (located at KSC’s Visitor Center [Spaceport USA]) any time after 9:00 a.m. on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9:00 a.m. The bus tours begin running at 9:45 a.m., and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2:00 p.m., to ensure that the constituents do not miss the tour. These tickets include:

• Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows
• Bus tour, which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center
• Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies
• Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators
• A second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® - must be used within seven days

An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following Internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.

We hope they enjoy their visit to the Kennedy Space Center.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,
Tait Foster
Staff Assistant
Rep. Rush Holt (NJ-12)

Looks just like the one I got!

Complimentary Maximum Access Tickets have been reserved for a tour of the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Visitor Complex for:

Constituent Name:
Number of Adults: 2
Number of Children: 2 (Ages 3 -11)
Date of Visit:

Confirmation number:

Tickets may be picked up at the KSC Group Sales Office (located at KSC���s Visitor Center [Spaceport USA]) any time after 9:00 a.m. on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9:00 a.m. The bus tours begin running at 9:45 a.m., and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2:00 p.m., to ensure that the constituents do not miss the tour. These tickets include:

Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows
Bus tour, which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center
Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies
Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators
A second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame�� - must be used within seven days

An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following Internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.

We hope they enjoy their visit to the Kennedy Space Center.

Sounds like the average time to get the actual confirmation numbers is about 2 months prior to the expected date. Would you all agree? I have already received my email confirming this was arranged for us, however I'm patiently waiting for the actual confirmation numbers! :thumbsup2

I know we have time (our cruise is in June) so it feels like it will be around April before I receive the confirmation numbers?

Thanks,
Heather

Thats about right. We got our confirmation on Feb 23 for our april 21 cruise.

The notification goes to your senator then they forward it to you.

We got our confirmation on Feb 15 for our March 9th date. So for us it was less than a month out, so don't give up hope. :)

Did anyone get the contact information for the person at KSC who sends out these confirmations?

We just received the forwarded email regarding our tickets from our representative's office and it was only signed "NASA Headquarters
Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs."

I requested our passes about 6 months in advance and knew within a month that we had the passes. However, we were told we would receive the confirmation closer to our visit, and that just came this week.

We're so excited to be able to do this tour!

Thats about right. We got our confirmation on Feb 23 for our april 21 cruise.

The notification goes to your senator then they forward it to you.
Thank you!! :thumbsup2

We got our confirmation on Feb 15 for our March 9th date. So for us it was less than a month out, so don't give up hope. :)
Wow ~ close :) This is good to know so I don't worry!

We just received the forwarded email regarding our tickets from our representative's office and it was only signed "NASA Headquarters
Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs."

I requested our passes about 6 months in advance and knew within a month that we had the passes. However, we were told we would receive the confirmation closer to our visit, and that just came this week.

We're so excited to be able to do this tour!
Thanks! Also a bit closer ;)

Thanks for sharing the info so I'm prepared :cool1:

Have a great time everyone!
Heather

They consider kids over 11 to be adults, so have that in mind when you request the tickets.

We had terrible luck here in California. :sad1: Our Representative Ken Calvert's office wasn't very enthusiastic about it, called back to shortly say, "We don't have any of those, won't for a while, you should've called earlier." (I called/emailed 4 months out!). We were looking forward to that before our upcoming cruise in May. Is there another way to obtain them? From a different Representative in our state?

Try other senators or representatives offices.

They do sell out though, tickets are limited. You usually need to start at least 6 months out. It does not seem like they want to work with you.

Try another one of your reps.....

We had terrible luck here in California. :sad1: Our Representative Ken Calvert's office wasn't very enthusiastic about it, called back to shortly say, "We don't have any of those, won't for a while, you should've called earlier." (I called/emailed 4 months out!). We were looking forward to that before our upcoming cruise in May. Is there another way to obtain them? From a different Representative in our state?

Unfortunately their advice was correct. The free tickets go FAST. I would be suprise if the allotment for the whole country was gone within the first week of "6 months out." We first emailed around october, then re-contacted mid november, the office submitted third week of Dec (2010) for the May 22, 2011 cruise. These are requests that have to be preplanned and discussed sometimes even before the booking window opens. I was afraid that I would have to go back and forth trying to find the right info, and wrangling that it could be done. I wanted to get it lined up well before the request time so as to not miss out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter