~~~FREE DINING offer beginning Mar. 5th, travel dates Aug. 25-Sept. 29!

I booked online this morning around 9:15am. I got 3 separate ressies for POR garden view room 9/22-9/29. Standard rooms and preferred rooms were not an option. I didn't look for any other resort, as POR was the one we had wanted. I was wishing for standard rooms, but the garden view was just about $80 less for the week, so that wasn't too bad, considering we are getting free dining.

This is our 1st visit with a moderate resort, been in a value 5 times before, and off-site once. This is also the 1st time we have the dining plan with table service. Last time we went was our 1st experience with DDP, we had QS with our value room, and we loved it. We swore we would never go back again without it. The last 3 trips we planned we picked and paid for 1 table service meal each trip. Now I have to pick 7 (actually 6 because we really want to have breakfast at the castle). This is so exciting!:banana:

I still can't see it.

I do not see "It's Free", the only "Free" thing I see on the front page is the vacation video.

And I can still only see the 30%off under the Special offers page.

What the heck is up!!

Can someone send me the link after they click the offer, the one that allows you to pick the dates?

Sorry for this I am not blind, if I could copy and paste a screen shot of what I am seeing you would understand my frustration.

I booked online this morning around 9:15am. I got 3 separate ressies for POR garden view room 9/22-9/29. Standard rooms and preferred rooms were not an option. I didn't look for any other resort, as POR was the one we had wanted. I was wishing for standard rooms, but the garden view was just about $80 less for the week, so that wasn't too bad, considering we are getting free dining.

This is our 1st visit with a moderate resort, been in a value 5 times before, and off-site once. This is also the 1st time we have the dining plan with table service. Last time we went was our 1st experience with DDP, we had QS with our value room, and we loved it. We swore we would never go back again without it. The last 3 trips we planned we picked and paid for 1 table service meal each trip. Now I have to pick 7 (actually 6 because we really want to have breakfast at the castle). This is so exciting!:banana:

If your referring to the breakfast with the princesses at the castle that is 2 TS credits.

I still can't see it.

I do not see "It's Free", the only "Free" thing I see on the front page is the vacation video.

And I can still only see the 30%off under the Special offers page.

What the heck is up!!

Can someone send me the link after they click the offer, the one that allows you to pick the dates?

Sorry for this I am not blind, if I could copy and paste a screen shot of what I am seeing you would understand my frustration.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....12q3dine&int_CMP=ILP-WDWHome_USDom_FY12Q3Dine

Hope that works.

Yeah, we are using 2 TS to get breakfast at the castle, that's why instead of 7 TS meals, I really only have 6 to pick, since CRT is 2 TS.

My sister had a Pop, pref pool room, already booked for 9/18-9/25. There were NO values left that week anywhere for FD so my TA upgraded her to CBR. But then she said her dates were flexible so we finally found her 9/25-10/3 at ASSp. It was only a diff of $250, and I personaly would have stayed with CBR, but they are on a budget. There isn't much left for FD! :scared1:

Just booked my first free dining stay, I am so excited. Thanks for advising about this, I have always paid full price, going to stay at the Contemporary for the first time

Just booked September 25th-October 9th at Coronado. I wanted French Quarter but they were all booked up for my dates.

Oh well, Coronado should be sweet, I am just excited about making my ADRs now :cool1:

And I just realized, I can use snack credits for the food and wine festival! So anyone who is staying into October, don't forget to save up your snack credits.

One thing to be aware of. This is the first day that free dining for August/September is offered. MANY reservations are made, but will be cancelled.

Last year, my DW called in mid-July (July 23, 2011 to be exact), got a room at POP with FD for the first week of the free dining (August 27 - September 4, 2011). We asked about availability for additional rooms because my parents were considering coming. We were told "plenty" of rooms at POP were still available. This was mid-July, months after the free dining was offered.

Point being, don't give up quite yet. It would not surprise me if last year, the value resorts booked up the first day that free dining was offered. Folks' plans get changed, reservations get upgraded, and some ressies are cancelled because folks make 2-3 reservations in order to make sure they have a room, but they aren't sure of vacation dates this far in advance.

Don't give up!

One thing to be aware of. This is the first day that free dining for August/September is offered. MANY reservations are made, but will be cancelled.

Last year, my DW called in mid-July (July 23, 2011 to be exact), got a room at POP with FD for the first week of the free dining (August 27 - September 4, 2011). We asked about availability for additional rooms because my parents were considering coming. We were told "plenty" of rooms at POP were still available. This was mid-July, months after the free dining was offered.

Point being, don't give up quite yet. It would not surprise me if last year, the value resorts booked up the first day that free dining was offered. Folks' plans get changed, reservations get upgraded, and some ressies are cancelled because folks make 2-3 reservations in order to make sure they have a room, but they aren't sure of vacation dates this far in advance.

Don't give up!

I worked 6-3 today & booked online 15 mins after the offer went live. DBF tried to tell me that all the Standard rooms at POR would still be there when I got off. He's funny :rolleyes1

I booked this morning online just after 7 AM for All Star Music. There were no preferred rooms available. After booking our airfare, I had to call and add Magical Express to the reservation. When I was on the phone, I asked if they had any preferred rooms, she said no, but I can call periodically to check. Just for the heck of it, I went online to see if preferred rooms came up for the same dates and it did. So I called and they were able to all the preferred room to our reservation. So if you didn't get a preferred room this morning, you may want to call and see if there is one available.

I booked this morning at All Star Sports. It was the only value left for my dates. It is the last Value I would want to stay at since I am not into sports, but I didn't let it get me down because I AM GOING TO WDW!!!! :banana:

I have been checking periodically today to see if Pop would come available and I could only see AS Sports for my dates.....so I just checked a couple of minutes ago and Pop was available. :eek:

I had a bit of a panic attack thinking....should I book online and cancel my other reservation....should I call in. I decided to call in to avoid the second $200 charge on my credit card....I was shaking with anticipation, hoping someone wouldn't book it while I was calling in.....first the automated lady sent me to dining....I thought oh no, someone for sure is going to book the room.......she transferred me to reservations and.........I got POP!!! I was almost in tears I was so happy!! I am at work, so not crying is a good thing because people would wonder what the heck was up!

They changed my reservation. Pop costs $39.50 more, but I said I don't care since it's the resort I really wanted.:cheer2:

So don't give up. Keep looking online and call in to change your reservation if you see your favorite resort "POP" up. I know, bad joke :)

question.....what is the difference between Junior and Child? In the sample of pricing for Free Dining, it has XXX amount of dollars for 2 Adults, 1 Junior and 1 Child. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter