Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hope general public doesn't need to call tomorrow...I volunteered to work early! :scared: But I'll check here in the am for the sale. If I gotta be on hold while at work, so be it.

I'm old fashioned like that, too. I'd feel terrible if I went behind his back. Lol. I'm not going to do anything until he gets home from work and I can discuss it with him. :goodvibes

Do you have another credit card in your name only? If not, i'd get it whether or not he agreed. Everyone should have access to credit in their own name, you never know what can happen...

regarding the Disney Visa, if your approved it does appear you can use it immediately
Disney Premier Visa® Card
Earn a $200 statement credit
after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.*

If you make the purchases in your cart today your purchases and statement credit will post on the same statement.
Yes, but only for online purchases right? There's no way to use it for calling in on the visa offer.

Yes, but only for online purchases right? There's no way to use it for calling in on the visa offer.

could you book a non FD plan right now with that new card, then call and upgrade the trip? I wonder if you have to read the number off to the CM.

could you book a non FD plan right now with that new card, then call and upgrade the trip? I wonder if you have to read the number off to the CM.

To book the FD (new or upgrading existing Resi) you have to make a deposit with the Disney Visa Card so to answer your question YES you have to give the CM the card number.

Can people take the "roll call" posts to a different thread, please? I know we're all excited but they're not contributing anything useful to the FD discussion and it's just inflating the page count like crazy and making it harder to find useful info.

I have also been told by people who stay at CBR all the time that they have never seen a snake. My problem was that I am terrified of them so I would literally freeze and not want to go anywhere else.
I've never seen a snake at CBR either. Lots of birds, a huge turtle and lots of little bunnies. ;)

Active thread... I asked earlier, but I'm sure it rolled off the last page too quickly. Any idea if I can use a relative's Disney Visa to get in on the pre-launch or if they need to be travelling with me? Or could I maybe swap them out of the reservation at a later date?

Active thread... I asked earlier, but I'm sure it rolled off the last page too quickly. Any idea if I can use a relative's Disney Visa to get in on the pre-launch or if they need to be travelling with me? Or could I maybe swap them out of the reservation at a later date?
My daughter used my card and I was not on the reservation. I was giving them the trip as a gift.

Yup, on certain things! They'll have the DDP logo next to them if they can be used as snack credits! Stole this from an older post:
wdw2011189.jpg
Nice, very nice! Thanks for the info!

How often are rumor dates off by a few days? I was really hoping to have free dining the week of Dec 12-19. I realize we can do a split stay and that as of now everything is only rumors, just wondering if rumor dates are usually right on.

We've got a package booked for Oct 24-30. Should I change the reservation to a room only on the 24th and then the package the 25-30th? Will this make it easier to change when the offer is released? We're planning Legoland on the 25th so we really wouldn't miss the 1 day of meals. Has anyone done this - do they make you check out and check back in? Thanks everyone!
We did this last year! It wasn't a big deal. Just call Disney before you leave and make sure the two reservations are linked together so they can try to keep your same room for you! You do have to check back in but it only involves walking right up to check in and verifying everything, took only 10 mins.

My DH doesn't love Disney, unfortunately. He just deals with my obsession with it. :rotfl: Lucky for him, our kids are obsessed too. Poor guy.

Same thing here...my DH is ok with Disney and tolerates the rest of the family's obsession with it.

Roll Call:

Grand Floridian 9/13-9/20
Hoping for a room discount or we'll have to move to a mod

Does anyone know for sure if room discounts are given same day as free dining? I've got a disney visa :)

I am pretty sure it was released same day last year. We stayed at GF and RO was better for us, 2 adults and 2 kids.

Figures as I am booked to arrive on 11/20 grrrrrrrrrrr

I would have to come a day early with my 4th grader and the rest of the fam would have to come the 20th.

$200 change air fee and then an extra hotel night

We did this last year and will be doing it again this year if this rumor is true. My second grader and I will go Thursday and my husband and middle school son will come Friday night or Saturday. I am glad I don't have flights booked yet. My daughter and I will likely use their meal credits to go to CRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter