• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading different disney forums but just now joined one and i have a few questions if anyone could answer. Me and my fiancé are going the first week of december to port orleans (shes never been!)
1) i am going to try to book cinderellas royal table on our 180 day mark at 6 am online. How likely is it that i will get a table?
2) if free dining does come out and Port orleans does happen to be available during those dates, can i edit my package on the website or app or do i have to call and cancel my reservation and then add the free dining?
You should not have any problem with CRT unless you are trying to get a pre-park ressie on your first day. As for adding free dining, you will need to call at 7am on the morning the offer goes live and tell them you would like free dining offer and they will tell you want is available for your dates at that resort. Good luck and hope your fiance loves it!

Another option to consider is booking 2 rooms at POP and requesting adjoining rooms. It will be less expensive than any of the suite options or moderate rooms and will give you the added bonus of 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. Just a thought. I often help friends book this when their families are 5 people.

I wonder what the chances are that they would only release dates through September this round. Also, how would two rooms at POP be cheaper than a moderate resort?

When families of 5+ book 2 rooms at POP and request connecting rooms do they always get it? I always hear it is just a request and I would hate to risk not having connecting rooms, especially with small children.

We don't plan to go back to Disney until 2017 as baby #4 is arriving this June. However this thread has me obsessed and today I priced out CBR for early September and it averaged 187/night excluding tax. Pretty sure that's cheaper than POP. However I think transportation at Pop is better. So many things to debate between! And no we won't be going this September but I like to do practice planning!

You should not have any problem with CRT unless you are trying to get a pre-park ressie on your first day. As for adding free dining, you will need to call at 7am on the morning the offer goes live and tell them you would like free dining offer and they will tell you want is available for your dates at that resort. Good luck and hope your fiance loves it!
Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the tip! I do everything online, so it's good to know I can call.
Right now RCCL is having a buy one get one half price sale with 50% deposit if you book by Apr 30.

We just booked a cruise to follow our Oct trip.

Two cabins for $3800. We checked the family balcony room sleeps up to six. It would have been $3400.

Right now RCCL is having a buy one get one half price sake with 50% deposit if you book by Apr 30.

Two cabins for $3800. We checked the family balcony room sleeps up to six. It would have been $3400.

You can also play the game myVEGAS to get a discount on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

I know this isn't anything we don't already know, but I was excited to hear it from someone else. I emailed my TA about moving us to AoA LM in case there's no FD (we had decided to move there because of budget issues...yay 8U travel ball :rolleyes:), and got this in return:

"I don’t have anything official from Disney but I have heard some rumors that free dining may be on the horizon. It will be easier to simply modify to the same resort at that time. If it doesn’t come out within the next couple of weeks we can go ahead and switch it for you."

Im thinking the opposite. Europeans are popular tourists in the fall, especially October. The Euro value has dropped significantly this past year, or I should say they US$ value has risen, and is almost equal in value. This will reduce the number of Europeans who would typically find travel in the US a bargain. Same for Brazil. My inlaws planned a trip for Sept 2015 since last October. US$ vs BR$ was $1.00 to R$2.40. It is now over R$3.25 and they cancelled the trip.

I hope you're right! I feel bad for those that can't afford to go because of monetary changes, but the selfish part of me would enjoy shorter lines at the park!

hmm I thought our MM back in 2013 had picks we uploaded to the site.
Especially since you can add boarders and such to your private pictures.

Maybe it's changed? We haven't been in a while, but my last 2 trips my sd card was full and I downloaded to my account. In 2008, the CM suggested it to me.

Right now RCCL is having a buy one get one half price sale with 50% deposit if you book by Apr 30.

Oh yay, thanks. I will check it out.

I know this isn't anything we don't already know, but I was excited to hear it from someone else. I emailed my TA about moving us to AoA LM in case there's no FD (we had decided to move there because of budget issues...yay 8U travel ball :rolleyes:), and got this in return:

"I don’t have anything official from Disney but I have heard some rumors that free dining may be on the horizon. It will be easier to simply modify to the same resort at that time. If it doesn’t come out within the next couple of weeks we can go ahead and switch it for you."

I love rumor reinforcements :D

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what time of day does Disney typically release their promotions/discounts?

I work till 0730 and won't be home till around 8am. What do you think of me grabbing free dining for dates (November 12-18th)?

Last year there were still rooms open for a few weeks after I had booked with the FD discount. I don't think it'll be a same day sell out. However, the less flexible you are on dates and resorts, the more important it is to call early.

I work till 0730 and won't be home till around 8am. What do you think of me grabbing free dining for dates (November 12-18th)?

Last year the free dining window for November was the 9-20 so if they follow the same dates then you're good.

How long does it take to receive your Disney Visa card after applying? I want to apply today to get the $200 gift card w/ first $500 spent (going to pay some if my trip balance off) but I'm worried that I won't have my card in time IF free dining is announced. I wanted to get the card for a while and even though my dates (10/16-10/26) will probably be excluded, I still want the $200 gift card. Also, how do you go about requesting the gift card after you've charged the $500? Do you need to redeem points like the AAA Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter