Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this is a rumor, but I'm member of a fb group and the group's owner is a Disney Travel Agent. She said the All Stars are not included. Guess Pop will be sold out by the time the offer goes out to general public if this is true.

She also said all moderates, deluxe and villas are included.

Agreed with others in saying highly unbelievable. It'll probably reflect some what of last year with the changes we saw. But who knows, hopefully next week we will know!

Based on past dates I'm not very optimistic about our chances for FD either. I booked already but held off until right before our ADR window opened to see if they'd release anything early. We know we are going no matter what and a discount would be fantastic, but not required. If FD is offered for our dates I'll juggle my resort to fit. If not, I'll cancel many ADRs and only keep 1-2 table service, if that. We had wanted to try BOG badly last fall but couldn't get in. If I hadn't wanted any ADRs I would've waited to book. I think we're all trying to help each other. The biggest deal is, don't go book a package if you'll only go with FD. Then you're just shooting yourself in the foot. If our dates are blacked out for FD and there's no RO discount for a moderate we like, we may just try to downgrade to a value. I'm kind of sick of value resorts, but it's better than nothing. I've always wanted to try a moderate but it has never worked for our budget. :worried::worried:

2013 pin code will be expired in the system if they can even pull it up since they've changed systems since then.

I wouldn't even bother.

I have been reading different disney forums but just now joined one and i have a few questions if anyone could answer. Me and my fiancé are going the first week of december to port orleans (shes never been!)
1) i am going to try to book cinderellas royal table on our 180 day mark at 6 am online. How likely is it that i will get a table?
2) if free dining does come out and Port orleans does happen to be available during those dates, can i edit my package on the website or app or do i have to call and cancel my reservation and then add the free dining?

Ok so this is a rumor, but I'm member of a fb group and the group's owner is a Disney Travel Agent. She said the All Stars are not included. Guess Pop will be sold out by the time the offer goes out to general public if this is true.

She also said all moderates, deluxe and villas are included.
Oh, I hope that's not true. We are in one of the all star resorts.

2013 pin code will be expired in the system if they can even pull it up since they've changed systems since then.

I wouldn't even bother.

I hadn't thought about this, but if I have a pin code from last year for FD, should I make a call and attempt to see if Disney would honor it?

How does availability work? Do they release all rooms to the Visa card holders and then GP just gets what is left over or do they designate a certain number for each release?

I hadn't thought about this, but if I have a pin code from last year for FD, should I make a call and attempt to see if Disney would honor it?

No. They won't honor it. There's nothing to honor - it's for specific dates that have passed (booking and travel).

Once the booking dates for the code are over the code is expired and the system won't let them apply it any longer.

How does availability work? Do they release all rooms to the Visa card holders and then GP just gets what is left over or do they designate a certain number for each release?

No one knows for sure but I believe the availability is different.

Not saying it isn't true but I will be very surprised if All-Star Sports and Music are not included with the FD. Movies was exempt last year so no big surprise there.

I have free dining bounceback booked for August but thinking of changing to september so Im waiting to see if the dates I wNt are released w free dining

Ok how about a highly doubtable thought.......
So Disney releases the said rumor of free dining and includes all resorts as a PP says. Of course with limited availability for the resorts that everyone has already filled up. Thus forcing everyone to get excited and call to have their reservation modified. Now you are super excited to get FD and disappointed your current resort is not available so they convince you to go over to another resort. Had they not got your excited to call, and you knew up front that it wasn't worth waiting the 1+ to hear you can't have FD then you might not have bothered to switch.

That is just a day dreaming thought about marketing tricks.
We had booked our 2013 resort a year in advance and I had never heard about the option of free dining as we never really looked into ADRs and so on. Well at my 180 I booked all my ADRs and got even the impossible ones. So I was pretty happy. But when FD came out, I realized how much money I was saving if I was willing to switch resorts, so I did. Not that I didn't like the resort we were at, but we really had hoped for the original one. Some FD slots did open weeks later but we stayed to our switched resort.

So ya, unless you really really want a specific resort don't book until FD is officially out if that is the make or break that you will go. Otherwise sure, book your resort of choice and be happy if you don't get FD.

Oh and for those worried about your ADRs. You get email confirmations of your ADR so even if My Experience messes things up, you have the confirmation number and credit card holding it, switching resorts should not mess them up, but if they do you have record to get in fixed so don't stress. When the system was new in 2013, I did not lose any ADRs. I don't think FP+ had happened for us yet so there was no problem for us with either.

Good luck. Wishing you all Pixie Dust. I'm glad I don't feel stress over booking as I did in the past. Personally I'm worried more about health issues due to stress than what the final plan might be for vacation. I remember one person so stressed to make all the plans perfect and then in the end she and her son were both sick and barely able to enjoy it all.

I know some will agree with me and some disregard, but it's all good. I've had just as much fun with as without.
2015 is another unexpected plan to go to my happy place. I'll be happy with whatever.

pixiedust:

I already tried this in the past. They told me there was nothing they could do but to call in the future to see if I had any new pin codes attached to my name.

I have free dining bounceback booked for August but thinking of changing to september so Im waiting to see if the dates I wNt are released w free dining

Were the dates you wanted in your original BB offer? You could change if there's availability under the BB.

I have been reading different disney forums but just now joined one and i have a few questions if anyone could answer. Me and my fiancé are going the first week of december to port orleans (shes never been!)
1) i am going to try to book cinderellas royal table on our 180 day mark at 6 am online. How likely is it that i will get a table?
2) if free dining does come out and Port orleans does happen to be available during those dates, can i edit my package on the website or app or do i have to call and cancel my reservation and then add the free dining?

Not sure on #2 but for CRT, it is definitely able to get esp if your doing it first thing, and at your 180 days. We always do CRT and never had an issue getting it (for larger parties at that). You might want to be flexible with time slots but other then that you probably won't have any issue getting it with that plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter