• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Black. I felt so badly for him that people attacked him for the little bits he might have been off when he was doing his very best to share RUMORS (i.e. - we don't know all the truth) and so many attacked him. He had such great information to share and people ran him off. Can't say I blame him at all...but I do miss him!

Totally agree!

From the stuff I've read, attendance last year, particularly in the fall, was way up, and beyond expectations. I would expect to see the dates and the number of rooms (maybe not resorts) eligible for free dining to be more restricted this year. They don't want the bad PR of not offering it at all, but I think a lot fewer people are going to be able to get it. I just hope that I"m one!

Im thinking the opposite. Europeans are popular tourists in the fall, especially October. The Euro value has dropped significantly this past year, or I should say they US$ value has risen, and is almost equal in value. This will reduce the number of Europeans who would typically find travel in the US a bargain. Same for Brazil. My inlaws planned a trip for Sept 2015 since last October. US$ vs BR$ was $1.00 to R$2.40. It is now over R$3.25 and they cancelled the trip.

Im thinking the opposite. Europeans are popular tourists in the fall, especially October. The Euro value has dropped significantly this past year, or I should say they US$ value has risen, and is almost equal in value. This will reduce the number of Europeans who would typically find travel in the US a bargain. Same for Brazil. My inlaws planned a trip for Sept 2015 since last October. US$ vs BR$ was $1.00 to R$2.40. It is now over R$3.25 and they cancelled the trip.

I also know of a lot of people in Europe and Canada that are canceling trips to the US because of the money values.

Ok so this is a rumor, but I'm member of a fb group and the group's owner is a Disney Travel Agent. She said the All Stars are not included. Guess Pop will be sold out by the time the offer goes out to general public if this is true.

She also said all moderates, deluxe and villas are included.

That would be a massive bummer. The cost of a Pop Century Room + Dining Plan would likely be cheaper than a Moderate Room + Dining Plan, so we'd be looking to save no money on that offer.

I' from Canada and it'S make a huge difference for the this years compare to the same thing in 2013. That'S why I really hope FD for last week of october will be released! I little bit scare.. I try to book BOG at 6 am this morning juste to see what was the availability at the 180 days mark and...there was NONE

I have free dining bounceback booked for August but thinking of changing to september so Im waiting to see if the dates I wNt are released w free dining
I just switched my dates from October to September, so you should have no problem as long as there's still availability. I wasn't able to downgrade my dining, but I don't mind keeping what I have. Here's my BB.
IMG_1244.jpg

That would be a massive bummer. The cost of a Pop Century Room + Dining Plan would likely be cheaper than a Moderate Room + Dining Plan, so we'd be looking to save no money on that offer.
It was $200-$300 cheaper for us last year which is what made our decision easier to stay at POP. Now I don't want to stay anywhere else if I don't have to.

hmm I thought our MM back in 2013 had picks we uploaded to the site.
Especially since you can add boarders and such to your private pictures.
You could upload them and add a very limited amount of borders, but the only disc you could get them on was a Personal Archive Disc. They were not included on a Photopass CD, and they are not included with MM.

I do not believe that for one second. All star movies is likely not included, and it would be shocking if POFQ were included. Disney won't leak anything to their own agents, so there's no way she knows that much. Lol

All the same, I enjoyed the little spark of hope it gave me for a sec when I read the post and thought my resort might have FDP pixiedust: Waiting is so hard!

Last edited:
I also know of a lot of people in Europe and Canada that are canceling trips to the US because of the money values.

Yes... I will pay around $800 more for this september 12 night trip than we paid just one year ago...

I checked prices for our family of 5 and a mod room would be cheaper than 2 value rooms or a family suite. In some cases not by much, so I guess it depends on what dining plan you'd want to go for. With table services there's the extra cost for gratuities and we tend to share quick service meals. We didn't take my son last year, so we didn't have issues that we will have to deal with in the future. Can't even go on a cruise this year because of the added cost for taking him. Not to mention Disney is probably the only cruise that accommodates 5 people.

I also found that a moderate was cheaper than 2 values for our family of 5, which is good because that's what I wanted. :) And don't give up on your cruise dreams, most of the RCCL ships have family staterooms that fit 5, much cheaper than DCL, though still expensive. Unfortunately you have to call them to get pricing, can't do it online. That's annoying...

I also found that a moderate was cheaper than 2 values for our family of 5, which is good because that's what I wanted. :) And don't give up on your cruise dreams, most of the RCCL ships have family staterooms that fit 5, much cheaper than DCL, though still expensive. Unfortunately you have to call them to get pricing, can't do it online. That's annoying...
Thanks for the tip! I do everything online, so it's good to know I can call.

Sorry if already asked, but does the Disney Visa debit card allow you to book early with the credit card offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter