Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a disney visa, so we would be calling on Thursday, but I'm paranoid lol. So if they allocate some rooms for the visa holders and some for GP, if I could not get it on Thursday, do I try again on the GP release?

Yup

Ok, my dates are blacked out for FD so I have the slimmest of hopes for a RO discount. I have read that these discounts are usually released at the same time as FD. Is there ever RO discount that goes Disney Visa first? Or should I just plan on hitting the website on 5/7 and looking if a RO discount is listed? :confused3

First, I want to thank everyone for the time they take to help others on this board. I'm trying very hard to keep up with this thread, so that I'm hopefully well-informed. However, I still have a few questions.

I currently have the MM package reserved at POP. If all works out with the FD offer, I want to change to POR. I am not a DV holder, so I need to wait until the GP offer is released. I've only paid the $200 deposit on the current package, as I had hoped for a free dining offer, and didn't want to deal with refunding the full amount. (Side note: I'm going to pay for my package with the currently 50+ $50 Disney gift cards I picked up at Target obtaining the 5% Red Card discount.) For the best chance at getting a room at POR, it sounds like I should try to book the FD package online with a new deposit to have a head start on those that are calling and to avoid hold times and then later call and cancel my existing POP reservation. Is this correct? Will the online offer open up at midnight before or in the morning of the GP release date? If it's correct that this is the best way to handle, do I need to take extra steps with my current ADRs that are "pre-paid" with the DDP linked to my current reservation (CRT, HDDMR)?

Have you checked your dates for POR?
Looks like we are checking in about the same time and several room categories at POR are already booked solid with no availability. With that being said, make sure you are flexible with your room categories. I have no idea what the best way to handle your request would be to give you the best shot but I just wanted you to be prepared:goodvibes

Will the FD offer be online this Thursday or just prior to the general public date next week?

Thank you!

Will the FD offer be online this Thursday or just prior to the general public date next week?

Thank you!

It may or may not show up on the Visa rewards site, but it definitely won't be on the Disney site until it goes live to the GP.

I have a question. We have only been to WDW once before when there was free dining (in 2011) and we just did a value resort with Quick Service. But this year I was thinking of doing some character dining. I'm trying to decide if it would cost less to upgrade to regular dining for the TS meals than to pay OOP for some character meals. I'm sure somewhere there are prices for the character meals. And if I don't book way ahead will I still be able to book character dining or do they sell out fast? Can someone help me out?
it actually depends on which character dining that you do..... some include more then others, honestly also depends on number of people and number of days you stay. they are already sold out for 176 days out for Cinderella royal table if that gives you any help on how quick certain ones can sell out...besides you can do different expierences with dining... the coral reef we felt was some of the best food we had along with la hacienda de san angles which we aligned our reservation 45 min prior to fireworks, asked kindly for a window seat and had a great view

Thank you!

If all plays out as expected, Thursday is only the DV offer and you must call to book with the DV.

If I book 3 rooms for FD on Nov. 20 does someone from each room have to check in on that day or can 1 person check in and everyone listed on the rooms still get the FD if they can't make it till the 22?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do they ever extend free dining into January?

I have literally been thinking about this ALL afternoon. UGH! I think our plan now might be, assuming dates stay the same, to move our trip AND our cruise to get free dining. So we'd go from WDW 11/5-11/14, Dream 11/14-11/17 to WDW 11/9-11/17, Dream 11/17-11/21. I just want the dates to come out already! :)

I have heard (both here and from our TA) that POFQ is often blacked out for free dining. Anyone have an opinion on CBR vs. CSR for the backup? We were at POR last year and don't really want to do that again. We are 2 adults, one teen, and one toddler if that helps. :P

If I book 3 rooms for FD on Nov. 20 does someone from each room have to check in on that day or can 1 person check in and everyone listed on the rooms still get the FD if they can't make it till the 22?

One person can check in for all 3 rooms BUT you must be linked in the MyDisneyExperience. Make sure that you all show to be on each others "my family & Friends list" as traveling together :thumbsup2
You will also have to have their credit cards for room incidentals or you can use yours till they get there, then have them change it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter