Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are 2 value rooms cheaper than a family suite at AOA or All Star Music? I have a family of 6.

Cheaper than AoA. All Star Music will depend on the details of this offer. If they require preferred rooms for Values, Family Suite could be slightly cheaper. Hard to say at this point.

Are 2 value rooms cheaper than a family suite at AOA or All Star Music? I have a family of 6.
Last year we had two rooms at POP and upgraded to the DDP and it was still cheaper than AoA :)

Honestly, I would have never thought about POR but they have an option for accommodating us possibly having 5 people. ? I was going to go with CSR but they didn't have that option besides a Jr. Suite.. :scared:
I just learned to have the Reg dining plan we had to be in a moderate :confused3
Here's to praying for FD!!

Yes, the Alligator Bayou section of POR accomodates 5 people if one is small enough to sleep on the pull down "bunk size" mattress. I think the mattress measures 31"x 65" (i will check my document and edit if that's not correct). We marked that off on the carpet in our family room to see if that would be OK for DD and she agreed it was! So unless it's excluded from from FD, we will be staying there.
And yes, mod's and Deluxe get reg DP, Values get Quick Service DP. But you can upgrade that DP to regular, at an added fee.

Do you have to book a preferred room with FD or can it be standard? I have had a reservation since feb for 9/6. Value hotel standard room. To get free dining if I had to go to preferred room would cost me 350 more to switch. ( I had a RO pin) not sure if it's worth the hassle

Do you have to book a preferred room with FD or can it be standard? I have had a reservation since feb for 9/6. Value hotel standard room. To get free dining if I had to go to preferred room would cost me 350 more to switch. ( I had a RO pin) not sure if it's worth the hassle

Not necessarily, only they exclude the standard rooms or they are all booked up. I have always stayed standard at POR with FD. Might look at Garden Rooms if need be--they aren't as expensive an upgrade.

Don't lose hope on POFQ...I made a last minute adjustment to my reservation a few weeks after the FD promo came out last year...there was still availability...

So again, don't lose hope...stick with POFQ and keep trying for a couple weeks if you have no luck!

We're not Disney Visa holders and do not want to move from POFQ. We're booked with Garden View, what are the chances there still be rooms left on May 7th?

So, just looked at Bc and now the room I have booked at $376/night is no longer available... Garden view. Does this most likely indicate that FD won't be offered at BC? Check in 9/17... Getting worried. I do have back-ups but really getting excited about staying at BC!!!

We're not Disney Visa holders and do not want to move from POFQ. We're booked with Garden View, what are the chances there still be rooms left on May 7th?

It will definitely depend on how many book between the 1st and 7th and how much those rooms are already booked as it is. No one knows how many rooms are even available in each category prior to FD being announced. I would recommend you look at the resort now and see if a garden view at POFQ is still available for your dates.
You may have to decide which is more important, the FD or POFQ.
POFQ books up pretty quick since it is the smallest Disney resort (this is why it is sometimes excluded). You may have the choice of upgrading to a different room category to get FD, and you would have to decide if you are willing to do that.
Since you are already booked, you don't have the option to upgrade on line, so there will also be others booking online starting at midnight on May 7th so you would definitely need to weigh your options and be prepared when you call in. :tinker:Pixie dust for you! Good luck!

For those who have used their DV in the past: If I charge $200 on my disney visa, does the 6 months of 0% financing start at the deposit date (this week)or when I pay for the vacation in full in august? Or do I get 0% at both payments at their respective dates? Thanks :-)

So, just looked at Bc and now the room I have booked at $376/night is no longer available... Garden view. Does this most likely indicate that FD won't be offered at BC? Check in 9/17... Getting worried. I do have back-ups but really getting excited about staying at BC!!!

It looks like the date of 9/18 is the culprit. Every room at BC except Club level is booked. Not sure if that is an error or if there is a 2 day convention that may be blocking those rooms. There is also the possibility that some people are booked for example 9/12 thru 9/19 and others booked 9/18 thru 9/25 therefore check in and check out dates overlapping just that one day. Can you adjust your dates by 1 day and go on 9/18??? Just a thought. Otherwise, I would definitely have a backup resort ready :worried: Good luck!! Here is some :tinker:pixie dust for you :goodvibes

It will definitely depend on how many book between the 1st and 7th and how much those rooms are already booked as it is. No one knows how many rooms are even available in each category prior to FD being announced. I would recommend you look at the resort now and see if a garden view at POFQ is still available for your dates.
You may have to decide which is more important, the FD or POFQ.
POFQ books up pretty quick since it is the smallest Disney resort (this is why it is sometimes excluded). You may have the choice of upgrading to a different room category to get FD, and you would have to decide if you are willing to do that.
Since you are already booked, you don't have the option to upgrade on line, so there will also be others booking online starting at midnight on May 7th so you would definitely need to weigh your options and be prepared when you call in. :tinker:Pixie dust for you! Good luck!
Thank you. I looked just today and all categories are still available. I have no problem upgrading to a riverview or pool view to get FD, so I'm good on that front.

For those who have used their DV in the past: If I charge $200 on my disney visa, does the 6 months of 0% financing start at the deposit date (this week)or when I pay for the vacation in full in august? Or do I get 0% at both payments at their respective dates? Thanks :-)

Each time you purchase anything Disney including Disney travel you have 6 months to pay for it with 0% interest.
EX:
Pay your $200 deposit on May 1- this $200 must be paid Nov 1
Pay $1000 toward your Disney trip on June 1- this $1000 must be paid by Dec 1
Pay off Disney trip on July 1- these charges must be paid by January 1

Does that make sense???

So Thursday will it be best to book new or switch from MM Package to FD?

If you are already booked, there is no reason to book new.
You have to call in either way on the DV offer so just switch from MM to FD if what you already have booked is available for FD.
If not, you will need to decide to either keep MM and stay with what you have or make changes in your resort or room category to get FD.:thumbsup2

Each time you purchase anything Disney including Disney travel you have 6 months to pay for it with 0% interest. EX: Pay your $200 deposit on May 1- this $200 must be paid Nov 1 Pay $1000 toward your Disney trip on June 1- this $1000 must be paid by Dec 1 Pay off Disney trip on July 1- these charges must be paid by January 1 Does that make sense???
Yay! Thanks! Good to know :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter