• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Found Cast Member in my hotel room

Has anyone ever brought a musical instrument like a violin to a Disney resort? And if so, did they make you open the case during ths room security check to prove that it contained an instrument as opposed to a big gun?
Only violin cases looking for a gat.

That seems odd. I had them come a few times while I was in my room and they just walked in a few steps and then said "thank you" and left. I would question why they feel uncomfortable "looking around" while I was in the room that I paid for. That alone seems odd. If they can't look while you are in there, it makes is suspicious to what they are doing while you are out. This "security check" goes too far, IMO.

Yeah super odd. We were on a 12 day 4 DVC resort only hopping stay and SSR CMs were the only ones that required that.

Yeah super odd. We were on a 12 day 4 DVC resort only hopping stay and SSR CMs were the only ones that required that.
Maybe the proximity to Disney Springs has something to do with that. In the rest of the parks/resort bubble they probably have much better ability for surveillance. Disney Springs could be a bit different in that regard that leaves it more vulnerable.

Hotels are private property and people like housekeeping have always entered rooms even if you aren't there, so I don't see this as any big deal. What exactly they are looking for isn't broadcast for obvious reasons, but I don't have any issues with what they are doing. If you are in the room, you should always latch the door so no one can come into the room unannounced.

Exactly. Although this is not about CM's walking into rooms, but guests. Several years ago we were at the Poly, when I left our room to make a phone call. I was just going up the hallway a bit, and left our door open about a foot so I could just go back in and not have to knock. I walked back to our room, door still open a tad, looked up and three strangers were just staring at me. I had walked into the wrong room :lmao: They were just a few doors down from us and their door was open about a foot like ours. Later in our stay, a couple walked into our room by mistake. We saw the couple several times after around the hotel and always laughed and said hello. The good news, was that none of us were axe murderers. There is a lesson to be learned here though about doors being opened or unlatched :rolleyes1

Maybe the proximity to Disney Springs has something to do with that. In the rest of the parks/resort bubble they probably have much better ability for surveillance. Disney Springs could be a bit different in that regard that leaves it more vulnerable.

We were recently at DS and we were surprised we had to walk through a queue to get in.

"Guests wishing to visit Disney Springs are now required to pass through a security screening checkpoint.

The new security screening technology now in use at Disney Springs is the same system that has recently been put into place at all four Walt Disney World Parks.

Guests are asked to walk between two standalone scanners, and are prompted to keep items inside of their bags and purses. Should an additional check be needed, the guest will be sent to an area where a security cast member will double check the contents of the bag."

I had no idea they checked the rooms like that. You call tell we haven't gone anywhere in a long time :confused3

I don’t like the idea of them coming in the room just to drop off DVC advertising. If they interrupted my park nap for that I’d be grouchy.

The security checks haven’t bothered me much at all, maybe twice it was inconvenient over the years. But I wonder… if they’re not opening drawers/luggage and going thru closets how can they know there’s no cache of weaponry?
They know what to look for. For instance, if there are 2 guests registered to the room, but 8 large suitcases for a short stay, that *could* raise an eyebrow. Things that might not appear normal, they see so many guests and guest rooms, they know. In LV there were luggage carts full of items taken to the room. It wasn’t always the same bell person, so it wasn’t noticed and because the DND was always on, no one ever entered the room.

Has anyone ever brought a musical instrument like a violin to a Disney resort? And if so, did they make you open the case during ths room security check to prove that it contained an instrument as opposed to a big gun?
My daughter brought her saxophone and trombone,she was marching at Epcot, they didn’t make her open either.

They did catch a credit card theft ring in AoA a few years ago. They were making credit cards with stolen data on them

What annoys me is that they say they can only do housekeeping every 4 days because of safety, but they can send someone every day for this. If you're sending somebody to my room every day at least have them drop off new towels!
Exactly!

My sister, who is a narcotics detective, always tells me this, ‘criminals always look for the path of least resistance’. She reassures me that I have a fence, locked gate, security system, dogs that bark and my house is set off the road. I am not an easy target. By a simple search any criminal would find that it would be more troublesome to preform criminal activity’s at a Disney resort. In exchange you could do most anything you wanted undetected at a nearby hotel. I think that is the whole purpose. Make it inconvenient therefore less desirable. People are assigned that job. Sure someone preforming it could be a creep but that could be true at any job.

I had no idea they checked the rooms like that. You call tell we haven't gone anywhere in a long time :confused3
I wouldn't know if I didn't read it here even though I go to Disney. That being said, I assume that any hotel room I am staying in may have someone come in when I am not there. I always put away valuables and I don't even leave much out in the bathroom as I have seen how bathrooms are cleaned and I don't want my stuff to get in the way.

I’ve had them come knocking while I’m in room and insisting they need to check to make sure everything is working and then come in and start switching light switches on and off...this was before COVID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter