For us here Texans...U R A Texan if...

Texan Mouseketeer

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue>I hurt people'
Was in the mood for a laugh today :teeth:

U R A Texan If:

1.. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Nacogdoches, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.

2. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.

3. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day. ('m doing this almost every day right now!)

4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.

5. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.

6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

7. You measure distance in minutes.

8. Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.

9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.

10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.

11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.

12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.

13. You have known someone who has had a belt buckle bigger than your fist. (Yep!)

14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in the same store.

15. Your "place at the lake" has wheels under it.

16. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol; a Ford F350 4x4 is.

17. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressin'.

18. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.

19. You actually understand this and you are "fixin' to" send it to your friends.

20. Finally, you are 100% Texan if you have ever heard this conversation:
"You wanna coke?"
"Yeah."
"What kind?"
"Dr. Pepper!" (I do this one all the time!!)

Texan Mouseketeer said:
Haha, this one is so true.

I was out in CA visiting family & I asked how many minutes away was his job. He just looked at me & said "huh?" :confused3

You forgot one.
You are a Texan if you know that 'Bexar" is not pronounce "BECK-are" but "Bayer". :)

TOV

LOL
:)

Texas is also probably the only place I know of where they have resteraunts that set out peanuts in the shell and don't mind if you sweep all the shells onto the floor. :rotfl: I've been to a couple of resteraunts like this,actually. :)

TOV

Texan Mouseketeer said:
Was in the mood for a laugh today :teeth:

U R A Texan If:

1.. You can properly pronounce Corsicana, Palestine, Decatur, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Burnet, Boerne, Nacogdoches, Mexia, Waco, Amarillo, and Waxahachie.

I'll add a couple Austin specialties to the pronunciation list...

Guadalupe is Gwada-loop

Manchaca is Man-shack

I'll take a Coke too, make mine Orange.

Texan Mouseketeer said:

Also: Pedernales (pronounced per-de-nal-es)

6. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.

When did you meet my family? :rotfl:

I needed a chuckle today. Dr. Pepper is my coke :)

Thank you for the laugh. I have been a Texan for the last 8 years. I can remember many days having the heater on in the morning and switching to air conditioning after lunch and than back to heat a few hours after the sun went down. Ain't TEXAS GRAND!!! :cool1:

ahutton said:
I'll add a couple Austin specialties to the pronunciation list...

Guadalupe is Gwada-loop

Manchaca is Man-shack

I'll take a Coke too, make mine Orange.

Dont forget Burnet is pronounced "Burnit"

Although much of this part of Texas is more Mexico than Texas, #16 is especially true. Does anyone remember the movie/book "Friday Night Lights"? I remember reading it before we moved to Texas many years ago and thinking "Surely they're exagerating-it's not really that intense". The other night I saw the movie and thought "What's the big deal? They're making a movie out of an every day occurrence." People sleeping overnight outside the ticket booth for tickets to a high school football playoff game? I never would have believed it 15 years ago. Now I expect it to happen every year-and it does!

So true, but depending on where you live, going just around the corner could be going several miles away. :teeth:

Thanks for sharing this with us!!

I remember reading Friday Night Lights and wondering what the rest of the US thought of us,on account of us being so nuts for football and all.

My FIL tells a story once of entertaining an out-of-state client.They were driving around,seeing the sights and they drove past a local high school football stadium. The client asked, "So this is a COLLEGE stadium,right?". FIL replies that no,it's a HS football stadium. Client is much suprised,not realizing what a big deal football is here.

Football is not just a sport, it's a religion! :teeth:

TOV

These are so true :) I have been having a laugh over most of these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter