• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you that plan....

I'm planning already and we're not going until October of 2005!!
DH makes fun of me, but I know he's secretly glad that I do, so things go as smoothly as possible. :p Actually our first trip we took with our kids did not go as well as we planned. We totally underestimated crowds and DD got the stomach flu the second night we were there. So, I want as much info as I can get this time so we can see more. What can I say, I'm a Disney freak!!!:p

We always drive to WDW, and I use the time in the car on the way home to start planning our next trip!

I keep a notebook all the time too,well actually 3, 5 subject notebooks, so that I can have a section for each month and keep track of each trips details. When I run out of details to plan for our trips, I usually wind up planning everybody else's too!

I honestly think I even plan in my sleep!:p

I plan our trips at least 18 months in advance and I think I've figured out why planning is so much fun. It's because as long as a trip is still in your head, or on paper, it's perfect. The weather is perfect, there are no crowds, nobody gets sick, your car doesn't break down/flight get cancelled, all meals are delicious, kids behave like angels, and you're always well rested. In reality, even a Disney vacation is rarely this wonderful. But that doesn't stop us from dreaming of perfection....

Musky

I'm so glad to see I'm in so much company!:) As someone mentioned earlier, there aren't many vacations that can be planned like disney. There is so much that can be researched. I'm sure that's why I look past other vacations to this one. There just isn't as much to do. Well, I guess I'll keep planning and hope they days go by quickly.;)

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I just bought sunblock yesterday for our trip that leaves 8/31. I was looking for the little portable fans, but WalMart doesn't have those out yet.

Being DVC owners I have our trip through 2007 planned out, just counting the days until I can book them!!!!

Planning is part of the fun and wouldn't give it up!

I never plan ahead. Always make last second decisions.

Pay no attention to the countdown timer :teeth:

Glad to see I'm among friends! :wave: I'm in the midst of planning our 4th trip to WDW this Thanksgiving. My nephew and his wife and 2 kids will be joining my DH, 2DD's and DS. (5 kids ages 15-3, oldest DD turning 16 at WDW princess: ) This requires ALOT of planning!!

Well, after I gave them copies of some menus for restaraunts I was suggesting, my nephew christened me, "Tourguide Barbie". He said anything I plan will be fine with them, they have never taken their kids to WDW, and since I have planned 3 other trips, they trust my decisions! :blush:

His DW and I get along really well and we've taken scrapbook vacations together. This past Saturday we had a little planning session and I was telling her some little tips and things we could plan into the trip and she say's (in awe) "How do you remember all this?" I do have one of those "Jeopardy " memories, where I remember stupid bits of everything, but I didn't tell her that I also spend hours on the board reading everything and Planning! Well the itinerary is calling, gotta go plan ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter