• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you that plan....

luvmk

I want to move to main street
How early do you start planning? We are planning to go back in Oct. to take advantage of mnsshp. The problem is, I'm wanting to start planning things out already.:confused: I've gotten the 2004 guidebooks and I've been reading these boards daily. That in itself wouldn't be so bad, but now I can't wait until Oct.!:eek: I'm trying to figure out how we can go in July and Oct. The more I read and plan, the more I want to be there! Has anyone else gone through this? I think I'm becoming a fanatic!::yes:: Do most of you start looking ahead to your vacation this early? Please tell me I'm not nuts!

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

You are not nuts - at least by my standings! LOL! Planning is so much fun! This weekend I booked our rooms, got our airfare, and ordered our tickets for our September trip. And now I can't wait!!!!

Let me tell you something...There's nothing wrong w/ you:) We can only go once a year and I plan FOR A WHOLE YEAR. Geez, it takes me two months to decide where I want to stay!! And then theres PS's to make, activities to plan, not to mention the "Itinerary". This is what I do, I am the Family Vacation Planner....The "FVP" for short. I am mommy, wifey, insurance broker, and lastly but not leastly the main FVP. It's a tough job, someone's got to do it , and you'll find that most of the DIS'rs here do the same thing. Now I must get back to planning Operation "Get me outta NY" coming up a just a few short weeks!!:cool: Happy Planning!!:earsgirl:

Well, I feel better already! The sad part is, we are leaving for Hawaii in 3 weeks, but I keep thinking about disney.:) My dh said to me last night, "You do remember we are going to Hawaii soon?" I said "Yeah." and went back to reading my Hidden Mickeys book!:) :eek: :) Now he just shakes his head and smiles. Good thing he loves disney too.::yes::

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I start planning as soon as we make a decision. For us, it was late last year for our May trip. It makes my vacations last longer.

It's so much fun.

I'm going in September, and have been planning since August of 2003.

The days seem to be CRAWLING by! :(

But at least my counter is out of the 200s! :jumping3:

I've been planning since September of '02 and made our reservations December '02 for our trip August of '04!:teeth:

i always start planning a trip as soon as we get back from one
so that way i am either at WDW or planning to be at WDW

no down time !:D

My whole family are disney addicts but even they just shake there heads and laugh at me

we are going in oct this year and i have reworked the trip several time on paper but i am almost sure it is set now

Enjoy planning is half the fun :D

Hi , if your nut's so am I, I know how you feel, we booked our three week holliday to orlando over a year ago, and at last we only have two weeks left to go, we can't wait, we did start planning it about three months before we were due to go, and at the moment looking for Disney tikets. bye Glo2.

On April 2nd, I have every intention of starting in on the whole family to plan a trip for Thanksgiving. I might even sneak a solo trip in before then!!!;)

Planning is a big part of the fun. I'm always in planning mode. I carry a notebook with me so that I can jot down things I find online or just want to work out on paper (budgets etc.). Its a place to put down things not to forgot for any current upcoming trip, but also to help me plan ahead.

There are so many places to get great information it makes planning a joy!

For example I'm planning for our trip to Member Homecoming in May now.

At the same time I'm planning for our 10 day cruise (budgeting monthly payments to get it paid off and working on a newsletter for our cruise group).

DH and I may go to Vegas this Fall - so I'm making notes and planning that.

We are also talking about cruising in Hawaii next year so there are notes on that as well.

My best advice - plan away and enjoy but be prepared for the unexpected and let some things just happen. Enjoy!

I honestly believe the planning is nearly as much fun as the going. It helps build the anticipation and excitement. Not that I need to build mine but the rest of the family needs help!! I really enjoy planning and I find it frustrating to go on other vacations because there is no other destination I've found where you can plan every detail. Heck, we're going to Williamsburg, VA for Easter and I still cannot find much info on Easter dinner buffets and that's only 5 weeks away! Maybe that's why Hawaii hasn't taken over your brain? I'm sure you'll have a great time but it isn't the same as Disney planning.

I did that last year. We went in Feb. and when we got home talked the family into a bug family trip for MNSSHP. Anyhow, by April I was really scheming to fit a small trip in alittle sooner. Needless to say, it wasn't going to financially happen. I actually started ebaying to try to get the money. Well, I was doing so well on ebay and spending so much time there, that it made quite a bit of time go by fast. So, that was a huge plus. It does seem to take forever.......

Every year when we go I start planning the day we make our reservations which is a year in advance. This year I swore we were only going to Disney 1 day because we are taking a 13month old. When I told my 6yr old this she was devostated (this being her 4th time there "I want to see the fireworks" "I want to go to EPCOT" and etc).

So we said okay we will go for 2 days. Well we are now arriving on Friday in Tampa (inlaws there) and arriving at WDW on Monday and we are leaving on Sunday - what a change in plans!!

My husband said the day after this decision, "You already have our itinerary all planned out don't you?" and I blushingly said "Of course!" and he laughed.

I love to plan - sometimes I wish I was a travel agent. I make a list of everydays activities, dinners w/ ps#'s and parade/fireworks times and everyday is in a different color and I make enough copies in case something gets misplaced and I leave one with my mother incase everything gets lost then she can tell me over the phone (Wow, repeating this makes me feel really neurotic
:p ). I have already been on the phone with cast members and they tell me to call back in May because their screen doesn't go to Sept - they probably think I am a real weirdo:crazy: . Oh well, I don't care, planning is 1/2 the fun for me - love it, love it, love it!!

Have fun when you go!!:wave:

I never stop planning! DH asks me now--Which year and trip are you talking about? We have two quick weekend trips planned for April & May and a week-long trip after Thanksgiving. I am already planning for our 2005 trip. It will be our 30th anniversary and DH & I plan to stay the Poly again where we honeymooned!

Started planning the two trips we are taking this year the same week we got home from our December 2003 trip.We love to plan and discuss what we want to do next trip,where to eat,what tour's we would like to do and so on.::yes:: :hyper: :hyper: :wave2:

I'm leaving for San Francisco in 36 hours, 6 hr flight with a DD's 4 and 6, not packed so what the heck am I doing on the disboards?!

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Guilty! I, too, start planning our next trip the moment we get home! I try not to talk about it much to other "non-disney" people... they just don't get it! They end up either thinking I'm totally nuts or just get annoyed with me and change the subject.

I don't mind. I can always come to the DIS boards where everyone understands. It's cheaper then therapy ::yes::
Ha, Ha, Ha!

Just know - you are not alone!

Have fun and keep planning!

I thought I was the most obsessive planner ever until reading these boards! Yay, I have found my kindred spirits!!!
My trip is the end of Sept & thankfully I found this board just in time!!
Here is what we have done to build excitement:

Saved a box from a case of diapers.

Printed out coloring pages (mostly princesses for DD4 but other characters too so she recognizes them in the park) for DD to color.

Glued them on to box to make a WDW planning box.

Started buying things for trip (if I spread out my purchases I am not spending a huge amount of money at one time!). So far we have bought (thanks to the advice of this board) glow sticks from the dollar store, rain ponchos from eBay, pins galore on sale from disneystore.com, brita filtered water "mugs" from walmart and a Pooh t-shirt from a garage sale for the Pooh character breakfast.

Will continue to buy things we need for trip (autograph book, personal water spritz fans, princess name badge, etc etc etc) to spread out over the next few months so that we are "armed and dangerous" for the trip!!

Happy planning everyone!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter