For the Love of Disney - PTR

THE WEEK BEFORE - MONDAY

Monday, November 30th ~ I got up this morning at about 5:20 and went for a walk. There’s already a skip in my step…I can think of nothing but Disney. I look forward to the moment we land in Orlando and our trip is officially in Disney hands. I love the feeling of relief I feel once I’m there and I know that if anything goes wrong from this point on, Disney will fix it. Up until then, my stomach will be a big ball of nerves. I worry about EVERYTHING – that the alarmS won’t go off, that we’ll get in an accident between the hotel and airport, that we’ll miss our flight, that our seats won’t be together, that our plane will be delayed or crash. I can deal with lost luggage, sick kids and crabby people as long as I’m at Disney!  I’m finding it hard to concentrate at work. At lunch, I ran to Walmart and got another memory card (hopefully two 8GB will be enough), new socks for all of us and new panties for Caya. I also got some stickers to decorate our Mousekeeping Envelopes with. I plan to make those tonight. After work tonight we are going to clean our house, it’s not too bad but I want to do bathrooms and floors before we leave and tonight is the only night we will all be home.

My mother-in-law had us over for dinner – so nice to not have to worry about dishes and cleaning the kitchen tonight.

2 more days!!!!!!!

I'm very happy for you!

You did not make signs! :rotfl2: That's organization to the max.

I never really thought about it since I don't have kids, but I guess for kids you have to kind of plan out what they're wearing every day so you know you have enough clothes, etc..

Using your behind saves you from having to buy the professional vacuum seal bags!:thumbsup2;)

Wow!! You and I are like long lost sisters. I worry about EVERYTHING just like you. Good to know I am not alone in my craziness! However, you are so right, you just know that Disney will take care of it all. What a great feeling :goodvibes

You guys are SO close to your vacation. I can not believe how quickly time flies. Also, I love your packing list!! I started mine today and filled up 3 college ruled papers...and only wrote about what to pack/get for the car and the room! haha Haven't even got to anything else. I don't know how we are going to fit it all :scared1:

Have a GREAT time. I will be in WDW around this time next year, so I am dying to hear your reviews. :santa:

PS: I am LOVING your outfits for your DD!! Who made the customs? Also, that adroable red jump suit...where did you get it? I am ordering stuff this weeked for our final outfit orders! :banana:

Just got caught up on your PTR! Your girls are stunning and those outfits are so cute! I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

YAY!! More great updates!! LOVE all of Caya's outfits and would alos like to know who made the customs! :goodvibes Can you believe your trip is almost here?! Sooo exciting! It looks like you're ready to go!!!

I LOVE LOVE the autograph books!! How did you make them?
Caya's outfits are too cute. I can't wait to see pics of her in them and Hayley.
It's almost time to go. If I'm correct then you're at the hotel right now. I know how long you've been planning this trip for and now it's finally time. All your hard planning is finally going to pay off. :thumbsup2:cool1:
Have a safe and magical trip!!:hug:
P.S- I love the pictures from Caya's party. Emily turned 14 on the November 15th.

Hi everone - I don't have time to address all of your posts right now, I'm sorry...I promise to when we get home. We are at the hotel in Indy. Everyone is showered and ready for bed - Hayley is trying to get a little more homework done first. I'm so excited I can't stand it yet I feel like I could burst into tears at any moment. I'm sure it's nerves on top of the emotional reason behind this trip. I know we are going to have the best time NO MATTER WHAT!

I think I have a couple updates from my "online journal" I've been keeping.

Tuesday, December 1st
Tonight was one of the those nights that I wonder how we made it everywhere we were supposed to be on time. Caya had cheerleading (about 30 minutes from home), Hayley had a regional basketball game and Travis had to work a basketball game at the high school. Trav picked up Caya and got her ready for cheer and took Hayley to her game and then went to his game. I flew home from work, picked up Caya and went to cheer. Then we raced back into town to Hayley’s game (only missing 1 quarter). They won so they play in the Championship game Thursday. No time for Disney today!

Wednesdsay, December 2nd
And this is the night I thank GOD for the blessings of my Mom and Mother-in-law and wonder how people raise kids without the help of their families?!?! I’m so grateful to live so close to our parents. Trav’s truck is getting worked on so we are down to one car today. I took all 3 of them to school in the morning. The girls go with Travis every morning anyway so this wasn’t a big deal. This works so perfectly for us. Once the high school bus drops off the rural kids, it picks up the private school kids and takes them from the high school to their school (about 2 blocks away). They love hanging out with Daddy in the morning and Hayley has actually utilized a couple teachers for help before school. Anyway, him not having a car really put a wrench into the day. After school, he walked the 2 blocks to the girls’ school and picked Caya up and then they walked about 2 more blocks to the hair salon and both got haircuts. Hayley had basketball practice until 5 so she just stayed at school. Travis had his Mom pick him and Caya up, she dropped him off at pitching practice (for softball) and took Caya home with her. I had to have my Mom pick Hayley up from school and then take her to the church at 6:30 for Confirmation. I got my hair done at in the midst of that and then picked Hayley up at 8, followed by Caya, followed by Travis. Thank GOD for Mom’s!

Tonight’s List
Make business card size laminated card with priority seatings / park days on other side
Pay Bills / Balance Checkbook
Pack Medicines and other “junk”
Email school again to remind them the girls will be gone next week
Email neighbor to remind them we will be gone next week
Go to Walmart (did I mention I’ve been every day this week)

Thursday, December 3rd
Tonight was Hayley’s regional championship game. They lost…it was very sad as this was the last time these girls will all play basketball together. They are 8th graders and about half will go to catholic high school next year and half will go to public. And probably only half of each half will play basketball. It would have been Hayley’s last game, regardless, we would have been gone for sectionals and state. Travis had to work a game at the high school so just Caya and I went to Hayley’s game.

Tonight’s List
Pack the rest of the “junk”
Travis packs (I will have to help!!! )
Make final list of needs / to do’s
Check weather
Return library books
Say bye to Grandma (mine), Mom & Mom-in-law
Pick up glow wands from BFF

Friday, December 4th
The morning started off as normal. Quick breakfast of cinnamon toast and milk (had to use the last of the milk and bread ), got ready and out the door by 7:00. Trav took the girls with him and I headed to work. Well, I’m sitting at work and it’s exactly 12:00pm. I’m leaving in about 15 minutes (can’t get anything done anyway). I have to head to the bank on my way home. I need to check my ginormous packing list and finish zipping up the suitcases. I checked in online this morning with air tran and only paid for one checked bag…I’m probably going to have to add another. I also have to finish the load of towels I through in this morning, run the dishwasher, clean the bathrooms and vacuum (I have to come home to a clean house…especially, since I have to go back to work the day after we get home! boo)

I actually got everything done at home that I wanted to before we left. Of course there were a couple extra errands to run and we didn't leave until closer to 5. We're here now though! :)

We have a 4am wake up call, 5:30am shuttle to the airport and a 7:00am flight. Sweet dreams everyone! This will be my last update until after our trip. See you on the other side! :lovestruc

YAY!!! Have a fabulous trip, Nikky!! I'll be thinking about you!! Can't wait to hear about it all and to see all of the pics!! :goodvibes

Have a magical trip. Looking forward to seeing all your pictures and hearing about your trip.

I am finally getting the opportunity to read and catch up on some PTR/TR and low and behold you are already there! I hope you are having a perfectly wonderful time. I am looking forward to hearing about and seeing pictures from your trip :) :goodvibes

Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Welcome back Nikky! Hope you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear all about it. I kept thinking of you guys and imagining where you were.

We are home and had a super wonderful trip - I can't wait to start my TR. Hopefully, I'll have my first update tonight!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes - they must have worked!!! :lovestruc

We are home and had a super wonderful trip - I can't wait to start my TR. Hopefully, I'll have my first update tonight!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes - they must have worked!!! :lovestruc

Welcome home!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: Can't wait to follow along on your trippie!!! So glad to hear that y'all's trip went well ! :woohoo:

I'm so glad you guys had a great trip!
I can't wait to hear all about it!
P.S- It's 9:30 and you said update tonight. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter