For fun, why DL over WDW

pretty much agree with jack & all the others above.

I'd add that at dlr one doesn't have to stand in those "fun" 20 minute bus lines........ Waiting to take one of those "fun" 20 minute bus rides to the parks (or dtd). :rotfl:

& i'll re-iterate that dlr doesn't have that "fun" humidity that the "disney in the swamp" resort enjoys. ;)

:)

oh i hate the bus lines at wdw!!!!!

Weather
True Park Hopping
Walt's Original and it SHOWS
Nostalgia
Fantasyland - even when the do the makeover it still won't compare
Details, Details, Details
RDCT
Fantasmic! (Not the lame WDW version)
Seasonal Overlays
and so much more.....

I will say that Epcot is amazing.

Seeing as I've been going to DLR since before I could recall (that's me in the avatar photo on my third birthday), I suppose nostalgia is a big factor -- the stories and memories that the park holds. For me personally and as Walt's orginal.

Second, it's close enough for me to drive to! Nothing squelches the Mickey magic like six $300+ plane tickets to FL. This also means I can spend a couple days at DLR as part of a bigger trip without investing a full week of time.

Third, Fantasyland is way better. We'll see what WDW does over the next couple years, but by then my kids will be aging out of the Fantasyland rides.

:rolleyes: After saying all that, we are planning a trip in Oct 2011 to WDW for our family. I've been there once as a teen and once with DH on a short last-minute trip a couple years ago. I'm sure part of the fun for our kids will be comparing and contrasting the two experiences.

PHXscuba

In my opinion, the differences between Disneyland and WDW can be well summed up in the light in the apartment building over the Fire Department. Both places are incredible. Epcot is the 2nd best theme park in the world in my opinion, but that light is only at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter