"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJ has one of the lowest gas taxes. That is why we are sometimes less than other areas. It may be the only area of taxation in which we are not on the top ten list!

We are getting ready to leave for our third trip this year. The last two trips we took 119/77/95
I was wondering about turnpike/81/95?

We live about 20 minutes East of Pittsburgh.

NJ has one of the lowest gas taxes. That is why we are sometimes less than other areas. It may be the only area of taxation in which we are not on the top ten list!

:lmao: true!!! but they do pump it for you. :thumbsup2

I remember when I was a kid going to long beach island. we would stop for gas in nj and my dad would hand them his gas card. back then the attendant used a little plastic clip board, ran a machine over your card to imprint the name and number on a carbon copy slip. the guy would always walk in front of the car and just stand there looking at the front bumper. :confused3

:lmao:

We are getting ready to leave for our third trip this year. The last two trips we took 119/77/95

sorry, I am on the east coast of pa. I have no experience with 119 to 77.

there are people who check in from that area. I am sure they can help you out.:thumbsup2

there are a lot of us who use 81/77/26/95. I also use 81/66/17/95 but 17 drops you off at exit 133 in Virginia on i95 above Richmond. that part of 95 can get a bit :crowded:.

sorry, I am on the east coast of pa. I have no experience with 119 to 77.

there are people who check in from that area. I am sure they can help you out.:thumbsup2

there are a lot of us who use 81/77/26/95. I also use 81/66/17/95 but 17 drops you off at exit 133 in Virginia on i95 above Richmond. that part of 95 can get a bit :crowded:.

Thanks!

:lmao: true!!! but they do pump it for you. :thumbsup2

I remember when I was a kid going to long beach island. we would stop for gas in nj and my dad would hand them his gas card. back then the attendant used a little plastic clip board, ran a machine over your card to imprint the name and number on a carbon copy slip. the guy would always walk in front of the car and just stand there looking at the front bumper. :confused3

Well in NJ we have license plates on both the front and rear of the car, so attendants often looked at the front bumper to get the plate number and write it on the charge slip. But if you were from PA and had no front plate, I can't explain why he would need to stare at it for too long!

Well in NJ we have license plates on both the front and rear of the car, so attendants often looked at the front bumper to get the plate number and write it on the charge slip. But if you were from PA and had no front plate, I can't explain why he would need to stare at it for too long!

do you know why he just didn't look at the rear plate? ( get this and your good):thumbsup2

amcnj said:

Knowing some gas jockeys he probably was trying to decide if someone had stolen the plate and mention it to you, or in our NJ fashion just shut up and not say anything. Our maybe he was looking for a front plate and just decided he couldn't find it. :wink:

do you recall where the gas cap was on a lot cars back in the 70s? (and there was only one car my father, a marine vet of korea would drive :lmao:)
a Plymouth fury.:lmao:

you had to pull the license plate down and the gas cap was behind the license plate. the attendant would start the paper work while he was pumping the gas.

I know, go back to work!! :lmao: have a good day! :thumbsup2

do you recall where the gas cap was on a lot cars back in the 70s? (and there was only one car my father, a marine vet of korea would drive :lmao:)
a Plymouth fury.:lmao:

you had to pull the license plate down and the gas cap was behind the license plate. the attendant would start the paper work while he was pumping the gas.

I know, go back to work!! :lmao: have a good day! :thumbsup2

Oh yes, I do recall thosse cars with the gas cap behind the plates. I am glad that was the reason as my next guess was that it was a stolen vehicle with the plates removed to evade detection!

Oh yes, I do recall thosse cars with the gas cap behind the plates. I am glad that was the reason as my next guess was that it was a stolen vehicle with the plates removed to evade detection!

I see gas hit $3.60 today around here. you guys have me looking at the prices now.

$3.61 at some Jersey Shore gas stations. $3.35 just a few weeks ago.

All the best. :thumbsup2

"Earlier today, AAA, formerly known as the American Automobile Association, said the average price of regular gas was $3.67 a gallon, up 20 cents over the last two weeks, which is the largest price spike since February."

__

Why not I-79South to I-77S through Charleston and Charlotte? Wouldn't you utilize more gasoline on I-81 (through the mountains) to I-95, not to mention run in to massive traffic nearing the DC, Richmond and Tidewater areas? I-77South is a pretty easy drive thru two short tunnels and in the valley of the mountains (you do top a few hills though). Charleston traffic is not that bad, nor Charlotte--not as bad as the DC area. You could get held up for hours near DC Beltway.

Safe travels anyway you go.
:cool1:

I seen $3.57 in one area and $3.61 in another area. only about ten miles away from each other...... see, no price fixin. :lmao::lmao:

dvczerfs said:
I seen $3.57 in one area and $3.61 in another area. only about ten miles away from each other...... see, no price fixin. :lmao::lmao:

That's nothing I saw $3.56 at a Lukoil on NJ21 in Newark, less than 2 miles north, another Lukoil, still on NJ21 in Newark was $3.45!

__

Why not I-79South to I-77S through Charleston and Charlotte? Wouldn't you utilize more gasoline on I-81 (through the mountains) to I-95, not to mention run in to massive traffic nearing the DC, Richmond and Tidewater areas? I-77South is a pretty easy drive thru two short tunnels and in the valley of the mountains (you do top a few hills though). Charleston traffic is not that bad, nor Charlotte--not as bad as the DC area. You could get held up for hours near DC Beltway.

Safe travels anyway you go.
:cool1:

Going through Charleston is not necessary when taking the 79/77 route. Take 79 to route 19 .... it is a 4 lane road. About the same amount of time as going to Charleston, but saves quite a few miles. Then hop on 77 in Beckley. Also, you can stop at the New River Gorge National Park for a change of scenery. Just don't go that way the weekend in October when they have "Bridge Day". The road is closed then for all the bungee jumpers.

Thanks for the input! We hit the road in the morning. This is our third trip this year, and I think we will just go the same way. :car:

We're leaving early Saturday morning and using the bonus points on our grocery store discount card for gas. That will save us close to $2 a gallon. It won't get us all the way to Orlando, but it's a nice start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter