• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOP and Navi both down all day. FP+ Wasted

bloomcruisers

Mouseketeer
Yesterday both rides were down all day. After our FP+ windows passed, we received emails that the FOP ones had changed to multiple experience ones good for FOP if it reopens or anything else usable yesterday or today. The Navi ones expired yesterday good for Navi or anything other than FOP.
Since I booked them at 60+7 days ahead I didn’t want to waste them on anything else in case the rides did reopen yesterday.
But of course they did not.
And we have no time for another AK day today if FOP is even open.

So upon leaving the park, there was a crazy long line snaking around outside guest relations. The cast member outside couldn’t say how long it would be. But a gentleman standing nearby spoke up and pointed out his wife who was somewhere in the middle and said she had been there for an hour already. With 2 little kids in tow, we decided to pass.

My questions are :
how long did people wait to be served there?
what resolutions did they get?
Was it worth the wait?
Any experiences would be appreciated.

So we missed out this trip and everyone was disappointed.
I would love to know how to better deal with it if it happens again.

I'm sorry you had this experience.

I'm curious what resolution you were hoping for? If rides are down, what can be done? There were plenty of other things for people to do so I'm not really sure what Disney owes people here. Yes, it's disappointing, especially if you have it worked up, but Navi and FOP certainly shouldn't be the making or breaking of a whole trip. I'm sorry that it seems to have been the case for you.

That is my question.
What did Disney do for people that was worth waiting in line over an hour.
And I don’t believe I said it broke my trip.
Please don’t start blaming me for expecting to get to ride the attraction that I booked over 2 months ago. Booked I might add as per Disney’s crazy plan everything down to the minute for your whole trip months in advance.

That is my question.
Please don’t start blaming me for expecting to get to ride the attraction that I booked over 2 months ago. Booked I might add as per Disney’s crazy plan everything down to the minute for your whole trip months in advance.

I agree, you didn't say it broke your trip by any means. I think being disappointed that you missed it is definitely fair. I saw some posts yesterday about the line at guest services being long and was wondering the same thing...what were they doing that people thought the best option was to wait in that line for hours?

I’m sorry to hear. I’ve seen Flight of Passage down frequently as of late. I think they actually opened both theaters ironically.

Passing on guest relations was a good move. There was sadly nothing they could’ve done. The FastPass automatically becomes the multiple experience one. I’ve heard of the parks upgrading your tickets to a park hopper, but that’s about as far as they can go.

A plus is that the Multiple Experience FastPass is good for ANYTHING at Walt Disney World (to include Frozen Ever After and 7DMT) the following day, and it doesn’t count against the 3 you’ve already booked.

That is my question.

If still at WDW, I recommend stopping by any Guest Relations and explaining your experience. If back home, then I recommend the same through email. They are likely to offer some form of compensation, which I think is warranted in a case like this.

Happened to us too on 4/18. Was our last fast pass on our last day in the parks and we didn't get to ride. I was so disappointed. We didn't stop at guest relations bc my kids were toast and we had a long drive, but I did see the line. I'm curious too as to what ppl wanted or got from guest relations.....

I’m sorry to hear. I’ve seen Flight of Passage down frequently as of late. I think they actually opened both theaters ironically.

Passing on guest relations was a good move. There was sadly nothing they could’ve done. The FastPass automatically becomes the multiple experience one. I’ve heard of the parks upgrading your tickets to a park hopper, but that’s about as far as they can go.

A plus is that the Multiple Experience FastPass is good for ANYTHING at Walt Disney World (to include Frozen Ever After and 7DMT) the following day, and it doesn’t count against the 3 you’ve already booked.
Yes, true that I can use the FOP one today in another park. Unfortunately, for some reason the Navi ones were only good yesterday. So they disappeared.

the FOP ones had changed to multiple experience ones good for FOP
To clarify, when the Multiple Experience/Anytime FP was issued as a “Bonus” FP, did you choose another FP by Modifying the FP you originally booked for FoP?

Most guests don’t realize the Anytime is a bonus and they can change out the FP for the downed ride and reschedule for another ride, then, continue booking FP#4 and so on.

I’m sorry to hear. I’ve seen Flight of Passage down frequently as of late

I think this fire alarm situation with FoP and Navi has happened a few times now ...

I'd be curious to know what guest relations can offer. I know if it happened to me and I had some more days at WDW, I would be asking for a FoP fastpass that I could on one of my remaining days. That sounds reasonable to me, but I'm not sure if they can offer a future day (further out than just next day?) FP?

To clarify, when the Multiple Experience/Anytime FP was issued as a “Bonus” FP, did you choose another FP by Modifying the FP you originally booked for FoP?

Most guests don’t realize the Anytime is a bonus and they can change out the FP for the downed ride and reschedule for another ride, then, continue booking FP#4 and so on.
No because the original FP disappeared from my list so it wasn’t there to modify. Maybe because I didn’t do it right away before the window had passed? So maybe I could have then selected a third? In this case I didn’t really need any more. The only things we had left to do were in Pandora and not operating.

This to me highlights a going concern for WDW.

If they continue to push pricing into space, they have to deliver.

I know things happen that are beyond control, but to me, a new ride shouldn't be closed for an entire day, especially two new rides.

I don't know if the answer is more maintenance staff or more maint hours (both higher costs), but they have to deliver a top notch experience to match a top notch price.

In your case, an email I bet nets the same compensation that you would have received after waiting in that line.

Not sure what the compensation would or should be, but I bet its similar.

I’m interested in hearing from anyone who did wait exactly what Guest relations was able to do.
Anybody have first hand experience?

I completely get your disappointment and would absolutely send an email.

It is understandable for a ride to go down. It happens. FOP is probably the most heavily used ride right now (based on the outrageous wait times), but it is still less than a year old. And for Navi to be down simultaneously is not good.

You're absolutely right. Disney expects us to make our plans 6 months out for meals and 60 + days out for FP+ and then we need to arrange our entire vacation around that. When a major headliner goes down, it isn't like we can rearrange, or else we lose our other plans we've held for 2 months.

It just feels like Disney keeps asking for more while gradually removing quality with the other hand. This upcoming trip will be our last one until 2021. I'm really, really hoping Disney realizes they can't keep taking without reaching that breaking point soon.

OP, I am sorry this happened to you, that stinks!

OP, I'm sorry this happened. I would absolutely be disappointed if I were in your shoes. I hope someone will comment about what, if anything, guest services was able to do. I'd hope they offered park hoppers or extra days to guests tickets at a minimum. I realize it wouldn't help people leaving the next day, but it would help some.

If you have another day at DAK, I would ask for (expect) a FP for both attractions. If you are not going back, I would want non-expiring FPs for them (if you have a trip planned in the future -- they can do this via a magical file) or a 1-day non-expiring ticket to AK. Both those rides down all day is a major problem, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter