Food at the parks

I've never had a DL corn dog...but I don't really like hot dogs unless coated in mustup (ketchup and mustard mixed together ;) )

You really should try a DL corndog, coated in fried deliciousness you just might find yourself in line the next day for another :)

"reds apple freeze"? I'm guessing not the alcohlic beverage...

Non alcoholic, I haven't had Reds but pretty sure it's the same version you can get in DL at the stand near the Matterhorn (can't remember the name). They are quite tasty on a hot day but I would suggest sharing one. It can become a bit sweet and this is coming from someone that loves sweets (chocolate cake and Pepsi anyone lol).

Here are the meals I make sure I have at least once when we visit (unless we are on a budget, then we say we aren't going to eat at all these places and then end up doing it anyway :D) :

Plaza Inn fried chicken (a few folks might have mentioned it :))
Gumbo and Mickey beignets from Cafe Orleans
Filet from Blue Bayou
Lasagna from Wine Country Trattoria
Filet as part of the WOC dining package at Wine Country Trattoria
Goofy's Kitchen

We aren't usually early risers but we sometimes try to fit in a Minnie and Friends breakfast at Plaza Inn as well.

We enjoy the snacks, particularly the churros and popcorn. We sometimes grab a cone from the Cozy Cone and I always get at least one Mickey bar to remind me of when I was a kid.

I'm gonna be there for my b day too! We are doing lunch that day at blue bayou. Other must try for us are: corndig, churro, reds apple freeze, fried green tomato sandwich, flos v8 cafe banana french toast, Bengal bbq bacon wrapped asparagus skewer, dole whip, fried pickles at carnation cafe. There is probably more I can't think of.
I'm coming with you!! What a great "must have" menu!!

The best thing I ate during our recent trip was the Barbecue Chicken & Slaw Stuffed Baked Potato at the Harbour Galley. Tasty, incredibly filling, and a great value at $6.79.
AQmgugl.jpg
Sorry if this should be obvious, but is the slaw ON the potato or is it served as a side dish? A baked potato with barbeque chicken sounds delicious, but I am not a fan of coleslaw.

skip the turkey leg. I never miss DOLEWHIP, MINT JULIP, BENEGAL BBQ (back wrapped asparagus and chicken skewers), BLUE BAYOU (monte cristo and jambalaya are family favorites). DH loves chicken at Plaza Inn. I will indulge in fried chicken with him ONLY at DL. We LOVE the menu in the lobby of Carthay Circle and always have a good meal upstairs. I love the chicken corn chowder at Storytellers in The Grand Californian. And I never miss an opportunity to eat at NAPA ROSE!

Skip the turkey leg!

DEFINITELY try the dole whip. They must put something addictive in there. I had my first one and was like "Eh it's okay" but then I started craving it and had to go back for another the next day.

Soup in a bread bowl is awesome, very filling.

Skip the turkey leg unless it's a group of people sharing one. They taste like ham. Some people love them but I find the salty hammy taste not that great.

Sorry if this should be obvious, but is the slaw ON the potato or is it served as a side dish? A baked potato with barbeque chicken sounds delicious, but I am not a fan of coleslaw.

Looks like it's on top. If you ask, I'm sure they'd have no issue giving it to you as a side that someone else in your group could eat, or leaving it off all together.

It is on the potato and so good. But you can ask for it to be served on the side or without. :)

The slaw is served on the potato, but I imagine if you asked nicely they could leave it off for you. They also have a bacon and sour cream stuffed potato at the same price. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it sounds good as well.

I'm coming with you!! What a great "must have" menu!!
Lol. I have been dreaming of the yummy food (can you tell). We are going in 2 weeks and will be there for 5 days. My plan is to eat a lot of different things, but only get a little and split with the kid and hubs. That way we get everything!

Oh forgot, we will also be trying earl of sandwich. Never been but I have heard that the turkey holiday sand is amazing! on our off day we are also planning on enjoying in and out burger.

Chicken fusilli from Pizza Port is my favorite food in the parks. It's simple, but so good. The monte cristo is great (though totally fattening). And my favorite, of course, is the Dole Whip. Mmmm...

The corn dogs are awesome! I also wouldn't miss the Mickey beignets or tigger tails. I am local to WDW and have only been to Disneyland twice- and I cannot stop thinking about the tigger tails!

Always get the turkey holiday sandwich in earls at WDW. So great! Do they really have an In and Out Burger at DL?? Where is it? Wow that would be awesome - so excited to try the burgers! How are the fries?

Chicken fusilli from Pizza Port is my favorite food in the parks. It's simple, but so good. The monte cristo is great (though totally fattening). And my favorite, of course, is the Dole Whip. Mmmm...

Yes, all of my favorites!

Last edited:
Oh forgot, we will also be trying earl of sandwich. Never been but I have heard that the turkey holiday sand is amazing! on our off day we are also planning on enjoying in and out burger.

Yes! Definitely do. We tried a few sandwiches from EoS there and they were all great and reasonably priced. I didn't get to try the Turkey Holiday but the ones I did try were good. Can't go wrong!

What is a Tigger tail?

It's a snack you can only get at Disneyland - they are marshmallows dipped in caramel and maybe white chocolate? Then rolled in Orange sprinkles with chocolate stripes. I can't figure out how to add a picture but there's photos online of them. They are by in the store by Winnie the Pooh and I also got them on Main Street ( in January when Critter Country was closed- not sure if they're always there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter