Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

I always wondered what happens if there's a major storm or something. Do they announce it on local news websites or something about moving it? How does that work?
Well, this is the first time I can ever remember seeing this happen. It was on the news and the Sheriff Department and other local agencies posted it all over Facebook. How did we ever know what was going on before Facebook? :confused3

We were kind of rebels though and did our trick or treating at some of our relatives' houses on Thursday anyway. I mean, we were driving, and the weather didn't end up being so bad anyway... :rolleyes:

Omgosh, my SIL makes the same ones and I refuse to eat them! I think she puts like 3 sticks of butter in one batch :scared1: She calls them PB Secrets but I know the secret = 3 sticks of butter! :lmao:
Looks at waist.

Hmmm... well, that makes sense. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bummer about the candy, did you leave it out for folks to take or just plan to hand it out once you got back?

We usually don't get more than 5 or so kids (cul de sac off of a busy street, not ideal for foot trafiic. Can you re-use it in Christmas Stockings?

:lmao:

Or take it to the office. I don't make anything "with" candy so I am of no help ion the recipe front.

HUGE bummer about the tires, that is not cheap. I need new ones and OUCH!

Didn't think about re-gifting it for Christmas! Just need to make sure there's no Halloween patterns on the wrappers :lmao: That would be embarrassing!

And we just replaced his tires a year ago:headache:

Her name is Sue. She has a counterpart at the Chicago Natural History museum. Random useless information.

Cute pictures of Calvin. Sorry yoyr Halloween plans got all messed up.

How about this for a recipe?

Tear package.
Remove candy from wrapper.
Insert in mouth.
Chew.

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

YES! Alison saved the day! I knew it was a girl and I knew she had a name and I was pretty close - Sue, Sally. Close enough :lmao:

Alison.

I'm eating like 4 or 5 a day...:rotfl2: Still no dent!

Well, this is the first time I can ever remember seeing this happen. It was on the news and the Sheriff Department and other local agencies posted it all over Facebook. How did we ever know what was going on before Facebook? :confused3

We were kind of rebels though and did our trick or treating at some of our relatives' houses on Thursday anyway. I mean, we were driving, and the weather didn't end up being so bad anyway... :rolleyes:

Andy, did you see franandaj's post? ^^^ You made me think I was crazy:upsidedow

Gotta love Social Media! :thumbsup2

Looks at waist.

Hmmm... well, that makes sense. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

***I left us off on our way to Kilamanjaro Safari's when we ran into Devine***

When we arrived at KS, DH took DS out of the stroller before we headed in for the ride and instead of being directed to an area to park our stroller, the CM told me since I was already ready, he would take the stroller for me! Yay! Cuts a few minutes and I appreciated it :thumbsup2

I don’t know how it happens but every time, we get the front row!:cool1: He was pleased with this.

Poor DS. His hair was drenched.

“AHHH Real Monsters!”

I’m not that creepy

Jiminy Cricket what’s that?!

Oh it’s only me folks, don't be alarmed:wave2:

Of course there are real animals on this safari. There’s hippos

Some giraffes

DS enjoyed the elephants

And the lions…somewhere in there

After our Safari, DH was on his way out of the park and DM and I talked about what to do. We still hadn’t eaten lunch yet and I asked if she wanted to go back to the hotel. She said, “It’s only 1! Let’s do something else and then grab lunch somewhere here.” Psssh don’t have to tell me twice! Love that she’s down to stay, regardless how hot it is.

I pulled out my phone to pull up the MDE app, when I noticed I got a text that our room was ready. Cool! I checked the time for Festival of the Lion King and it was showing in 20 minutes. We could definitely make it and possibly get a good seat if we rushed it. And we did! We made it with a couple minutes to spare and grabbed an outside seat.

The show was amazing of course!

DS was clapping, smiling and waving the whole time

At the finale, one of the tumble monkeys made his way up to us and gave DS a high five :love::cloud9: It was so great! DM really loved the show but was even happier that DS really enjoyed it.

Awww Calvin in his Cars PJs/costume with that hat is adorable! The pose with him and the papa pumpkin, the mama pumpkin, and the baby pumpkin is definitely a heart melter.

Of course your evening couldn't go as planned because you actually had plans right? At least you were able to fit everything in. And with left over candy to boot. I always donate left over candy to the troops. (Most cities have a business or site that does this. We include it into shoeboxes for the troops as well.)

Somebody was pretty happy to see the safari. Cute. I know there are elephants out there on the safari, just haven't seen then yet.

And tumble monkeys!!!!

He is too cute in his Halloween getup! Bummer about the tires, that would make me sick :( sorry your evening was more rushed than you planned, glad you still got to everyone though.

The hippo to the right in your picture looks so relaxed, like he's lounging under water :)

Love FOTLK! Always a good choice.

Awwww, the tumble monkeys came and gave him a high five?! That's so cute!!!!!

Happy Belated Halloween! Hope DH and the car are okay.

Great update on AK. Looking forward to the next update.

OMG, what a cute Halloween Costume!!!!!!!!! I just love seeing pics of Calvin! Your little man is just so photogenic!

Sorry about your DH's car troubles. I had to :lmao: when I read that you still have all your Halloween candy. We have a Haribo (gummy bears) factory here in town and I bought two huge bags full to hand out. There was one family ringing our bell - well, my pupils love their extra treats now. :rotfl2:

Your safari looks so nice! And Calvin is excited, you can tell. Good animal pictures as well.
I love to hear that the three of you enjoyed FoTLK. What a cute show - even better since Calvin loved it too! :thumbsup2

Her name is Sue. She has a counterpart at the Chicago Natural History museum. Random useless information.
Well, there it is... :thumbsup2

Andy, did you see franandaj's post? ^^^ You made me think I was crazy:upsidedow
:rotfl2: I had no intention of making you feel crazy. I legitimately had no idea. Hadn't heard that before.

And the lions…somewhere in there
Wouldn't be a safari without a picture of the lion rocks. :lmao:

After our Safari, DH was on his way out of the park
That's right... Packers game.

So, how is your DH this week? He hasn't done anything drastic since they lost Rodgers, has he?

DS was clapping, smiling and waving the whole time
Awesome!!!

At the finale, one of the tumble monkeys made his way up to us and gave DS a high five :love::cloud9: It was so great! DM really loved the show but was even happier that DS really enjoyed it.
That is great that not only did your mom want to stay in the park, but that you got to see the show. And even more importantly, how exciting was it that your DS really enjoyed it??? :thumbsup2

Haven't read through the responses yet but will get to it later.

Wanted to come on here really quick and ask for prayers and good thoughts. My pug Percy isn't doing too well and I'm taking him in ASAP. His back legs are very wobbly and he walks like he's almost drunk. He's shivering, hasn't eaten in 2 days or pooped in 2 days. He barely had some water yesterday morning but hasn't since then. I was a mess all night making sure he was okay.

Thanks everyone

I'm sorry, poor little guy :( I hope it's something that's easily fixed, definitely prayers being sent :hug:

Calvin is so cute and you can totally tell that he is enjoying himself on the safari. So glad he liked the FOTLK.

I hope your pug is OK. Pets are so special to us and hold such a special place in our hearts. I still miss Sunny. :flower3:

Sorry your Halloween plans didn't work out ... we had a similar situation in that I just wasn't able to leave work as early as I wanted to - so my wife just started tirck-o-treating with the kids without me and told me to catch up :lmao:

Sorry to hear about Percy - best of luck there along with thoughts and prayers. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter