Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

All caught up!

Can't wait to read more about this trip! We are doing an adult only trip next year to the F&W, sooo excited (this will be our first trip without the kids....crazy)!

Ok, so let me see if I understand.... NO ONE could help you with your BoG FP? Hmmm... frustrating for so much confusion.

Three alarms sound about right with your rough night! ;) Your breakfast looks lovely.

That was so cute to see Calvin watching TV. It looks similar to the day before when you checked into SSR and your hubby was watching TV. (Oh, and my DH is a Packer fan since he's from the Chicago 'burgs with family in Wisconsin. Speaking of Packers.... when I noted the dilemma of your hubby and the Packer game on vacation conflicting with park/F&W my DH said, a guys gotta have his priorities even on vacation! Men!)

I love the series of arrival photos for AK since I've stayed there twice but once at night so no views of anything from a dark bus and once on a park bus from another park - less than thrilling when you are crammed on Disney transportation. I just love that resort.

I suppose the bright side was that your park tickets were on your MBs. :)

Tania you don't have a ticker so when are your dates?! :cool1:
That's easy to answer, no dates yet :rotfl: In my job we bid for vacation time, my 2014 bid date is coming up, I bid on 11/3. We'll know more then :thumbsup2

WHew, all that Disney IT and FP stuff ...makes my head hurt :headache: ! Can't wait to hear about your Animal Kingdom visit :)

We couldn’t go back out the way we came as it was closed off
And you came in through the bus lane, so there's that too... :rolleyes1

Holy Calrissian.
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: I like that. :thumbsup2

I wish I had gotten a picture of that. In fact, I wish I had gotten a picture period while we were there. :sad2:
As they say... pictures or it didn't happen... :rolleyes1

On our way back to DTD, DH and I were having a ‘tiff’ about tomorrow. Tomorrow was Animal Kingdom day. But not only that, tomorrow was Sunday. And what happens on Sundays from September through January? Anyone? Yep. Football.
:lmao: Well, I have to say, I'm as big of a football fan as there is, but I'm ok missing a game if I'm at Disney World. Unless it is a late season game with playoff implications or an actual playoff game.

He’s a die hard Green Bay Packer fan and needs to catch every game.
A Packers fan??? Shouldn't he be a 49ers fan or something???? :rolleyes1

Technically, what we (and everyone else) did was illegal, but seriously, I was not going to wait 10 minutes for a bus knowing I could stick my head out into the street and see SSR from there. Let me just say, getting back to SSR was way easier than leaving!
They can't arrest all of you. :rotfl::lmao: Definitely the right choice. When you first mentioned the walkway being closed, I kind of wondered what was stopping you from walking anyway. :rotfl:

My alarm went off at 7am. Then my second alarm went off at 7:10am. Third and final alarm at 7:15. I knew no more alarms were coming after that so I got up. Who else sets 3 alarms?
I always set 2. If I'm really tired and I know I have to get up the next morning I'll set more. :lmao:

Yup, pretty much useless to bring. It was just too hot during our trip to put them on. He may have looked like a hick, but I didn’t care. :rotfl2: I knew he was comfy!
Unless he's going to be taking off walking across the hot pavement, he doesn't need shoes.

The women showed him the confirmation of my arrival on the iPad and he was able to bring up the information on his computer. Not sure why I couldn’t do this at the desk but whatever.
Seems like the iPad person is basically an unnecessary extra step? :confused3

Tech support doesn’t know what they’re doing
Well, I've suspected that much for a long time now... :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
It really is too bad the concierge couldn't be of any help. Kind of frustrating when you've been working through the problem for a while and your issue is just passed off until it is almost too late to do anything about it. I hope you were able to work it out and get that FP+ for BOG.

I forgot to say I liked your Christmas shop purchases well, except for the Sally ornament, that scares me!

Boo on the IT guys for sending guests to concierge when they can't help.

I love that first sight of Jambo House! :lovestruc

Do you happen to know how long it took from SSR to AKV? Bus ride is about 25 minutes.

:lmao: @ the Sally comment!

I know, that's just the script they give to guests I guess when they don't want to deal with you:headache:

It was less than 10 minutes in the car! I know it was less because DS didn't finish his breakfast on the way there. So fast!

Okay, so I confess ...... we have several alarm clocks too!

I love that you actually did cook in that kitchen. We usually have a 1 bedroom, but so far we have not really cooked much (used the microwave, boiled some water for tea and that's it).

Yeah for getting to AKV! How crazy that there were two people with such similar names. But at least you got that straightened out. Now we all know that Disney IT lets a lot to be desired, but to send people to concierge who cannot help either is really something.

Have fun today! pixiedust:

We didn't use the kitchen in December at all aside from the fridge for water and the coffee maker:lmao: I'm glad we got some use out of the stove.

YAY Jambo! I'm ready for Zebra....Domes; and animals. Lots of animals.

I wouldn't worry about what anyone thinks about Calvin not having shoes. As you said, he was comfortable. That's all that matters. :

I think I got all my bases covered on the zebras for ya:thumbsup2 Coming up soon!

DH doesn't like when he's not wearing shoes. Then again, we both wear shoes even when walking around our house so I kinda get it:lmao:

All caught up!

Can't wait to read more about this trip! We are doing an adult only trip next year to the F&W, sooo excited (this will be our first trip without the kids....crazy)!

Oh yay! You're going to have so much fun! Good thing you're not going till next year. It may take me a year to get to the F&W part :lmao:

Ok, so let me see if I understand.... NO ONE could help you with your BoG FP? Hmmm... frustrating for so much confusion.

I was so annoyed too, but just wanted to hurry up and get some park time in. I've been reading nothing but good things on the DIS about concierge being more than gracious and giving FP's for BoG, so I didn't think there would be any problems.

That was so cute to see Calvin watching TV. It looks similar to the day before when you checked into SSR and your hubby was watching TV. (Oh, and my DH is a Packer fan since he's from the Chicago 'burgs with family in Wisconsin. Speaking of Packers.... when I noted the dilemma of your hubby and the Packer game on vacation conflicting with park/F&W my DH said, a guys gotta have his priorities even on vacation! Men!)

:lmao: You're so right! Like father, like son. And i'm shocked that your DH is not a Bears fan. As long as it's only 1 game during vacation, then i'll allow that I suppose.

I love the series of arrival photos for AK since I've stayed there twice but once at night so no views of anything from a dark bus and once on a park bus from another park - less than thrilling when you are crammed on Disney transportation. I just love that resort.

There's not much to the outside of Jambo and it's not as grand looking as other resorts like the GF or Contemporary, but you just know the beauty of what that building holds inside. Gets me all giddy thinking about it! :hyper:

That's easy to answer, no dates yet :rotfl: In my job we bid for vacation time, my 2014 bid date is coming up, I bid on 11/3. We'll know more then

WHew, all that Disney IT and FP stuff ...makes my head hurt :headache: ! Can't wait to hear about your Animal Kingdom visit

Oh wow. Good luck on your dates next week then! Hopefully you get what you want!

And you came in through the bus lane, so there's that too... :rolleyes1

Haha exactly! :lmao:

:lmao::rotfl2: I like that. :thumbsup2

DH thought it was funny when I first said it years ago. I'm cool like that:cool2:

As they say... pictures or it didn't happen... :rolleyes1

Give me a day. I may have something for you...:scratchin

:lmao: Well, I have to say, I'm as big of a football fan as there is, but I'm ok missing a game if I'm at Disney World. Unless it is a late season game with playoff implications or an actual playoff game.

I totally understand if it's a playoff game. In fact, in January 2010, there was no option to not go and watch the game. But I was all for it. That was the year the Packers won the Superbowl:cheer2:

A Packers fan??? Shouldn't he be a 49ers fan or something????

Isn't it the most random team for a CA dude? It was his love of Brett Favre when he was little is what made him follow GB.

Unless he's going to be taking off walking across the hot pavement, he doesn't need shoes.

We wish! DS is sooooo lazy. Still not walking yet. Doesn't even like standing! :lmao:

Seems like the iPad person is basically an unnecessary extra step? :confused3

I think this is going to be the new way to check in, especially when it's busy. It seemed like a good idea, but when I had to go through the whole process again, I thought it was just a waste of time.

Well here's some proof y'all! It may not be 'face' proof, but it's proof that there was a DIS meet and I was there! :cool1: Thanks to Ruthie (luvchefmic) for allowing me to steal this picture.

Mine is the crappy handwriting (I swear I should have been a doctor:rotfl2:) under Goofy. Even DH signed it - bottom right corner.

Tomorrow I will have an update!

Totally believed you even without this accepted into evidence!! :lmao: What a great memento of the Dismeet. You clever and crafty people put me to shame.

Yeah, you would think DH would be a Bears fan but after age 12, nope. His loyalty switched to being a cheese-head. :)

I just hit snooze a lot, I'm not smart enough to outsmart myself and just turn it off, haha.

Wow, nice breakfast, pretty fancy for in room!

I'm glad you had some nice CMs at AKL.

Nice proof of dis-meet! and lol at your DH, 'maybe next year'.

Looking forward to seeing Calvin enjoy the animals at AK.

It's so Twilight Zone reading your TR when almost the last of things for to happen on my trip is one of the first things for you to happen! I'm glad you two made it over, even if you were too stuffed to help us finish off our food enough to feed and army and we barely had a squad!

Who cares if a baby in a stroller doesn't wear shoes, like others have said, if he's not walking on hot pavement, who needs it! I only wear shoes in the house so I don't hurt my feet on all the stuff the cats leave on the floor!

So glad you got some minor cooking in on the trip. It always makes me feel better to eat some homecooked food even if it's just eggs, bacon and toast. Bacon always makes me feel better! :stir: I also hate to drag my butt out of the room when I'm super tired and just want a small snack.

Well here's some proof y'all! It may not be 'face' proof, but it's proof that there was a DIS meet and I was there! :cool1: Thanks to Ruthie (luvchefmic) for allowing me to steal this picture.

Mine is the crappy handwriting (I swear I should have been a doctor:rotfl2:) under Goofy. Even DH signed it - bottom right corner.

Tomorrow I will have an update!

I'm going to have to steal this picture when I get to that part of my TR! I have a couple pictures from early on in the night, but once we ate dinner and cake, I was like "put a fork in me, cuz I'm done!" There was so much tri tip left over and fried rice. I would have loved to had some for leftovers to eat for breakfast the next day!

YAY for the objective evidence!

I checked my pictures. I took one of the sign-in poster earlier in the evening; so I'll also be swiping that picture from Ruthie's thread for mine. :thumbsup2

Totally believed you even without this accepted into evidence!! :lmao: What a great memento of the Dismeet. You clever and crafty people put me to shame.

Yeah, you would think DH would be a Bears fan but after age 12, nope. His loyalty switched to being a cheese-head. :)

I think it's great that luvchefmic did this. I would have never thought of that!

I just hit snooze a lot, I'm not smart enough to outsmart myself and just turn it off, haha.

Wow, nice breakfast, pretty fancy for in room!

I'm glad you had some nice CMs at AKL.

Nice proof of dis-meet! and lol at your DH, 'maybe next year'.

Looking forward to seeing Calvin enjoy the animals at AK.

:rotfl2: And the funny thing is about DH, is that he does have a profile on here. It's something like Gastonsthebest or something. I can't remember, but we created for my Ugh, 9 Days Deluxe Dining thread.

Great update.

Thank you :)

It's so Twilight Zone reading your TR when almost the last of things for to happen on my trip is one of the first things for you to happen! I'm glad you two made it over, even if you were too stuffed to help us finish off our food enough to feed and army and we barely had a squad!

Who cares if a baby in a stroller doesn't wear shoes, like others have said, if he's not walking on hot pavement, who needs it! I only wear shoes in the house so I don't hurt my feet on all the stuff the cats leave on the floor!

So glad you got some minor cooking in on the trip. It always makes me feel better to eat some homecooked food even if it's just eggs, bacon and toast. Bacon always makes me feel better! :stir: I also hate to drag my butt out of the room when I'm super tired and just want a small snack.

I'm going to have to steal this picture when I get to that part of my TR! I have a couple pictures from early on in the night, but once we ate dinner and cake, I was like "put a fork in me, cuz I'm done!" There was so much tri tip left over and fried rice. I would have loved to had some for leftovers to eat for breakfast the next day!

:rotfl2: I wear my shoes in the house for that reason too. My pug always leaves bits of sharp food on the carpet and it's hard to see it!

I enjoyed making breakfast in our room, but I LOVE eating breakfast at the parks or resorts. It makes me feel like i'm actually away and on vacation.

YAY for the objective evidence!

I checked my pictures. I took one of the sign-in poster earlier in the evening; so I'll also be swiping that picture from Ruthie's thread for mine. :thumbsup2

I love that this picture is going to be on 3-4 threads :goodvibes

We decided to not take the car to the park and headed to the bus stop. A bus came within a few minutes where we arrived at AK! It was 10:10 and we missed our first FP+ reservation for Expedition Everest. Waah. May as well get some pictures in.

It was at this point, DH went over to the Rainforest Café to check if they would be playing his game today at 1. While he did that, we took our first Photopass pictures of the trip. First with my camera

Then some PP pictures

It wasn’t until after we took the PP pictures, that I realized how gross it felt at 10:15am. It was humid and sticky. Ick. DH came over and said they were showing all games except for his. Of course they weren't showing it. I mean, we haven’t caught too much of a break this trip, why would we get one now?!

I told DH we missed our window for EE and suggested we get some real FP’s for the ride. So off we went before we needed to add some more PP pictures to my Magic Band

But as soon as we were done with PP, DH was on a mission. Such speed!

Hopefully we get a good time frame to ride this

We get to the FP machines for EE and I asked a CM how to get a FP with my MB. I thought there may have been a way to get real paper FP’s with the MB’s and he said I could do it on the App. Really? I never saw any option on the app for that, but perhaps I wasn’t looking in the right place. So both the CM and I were looking through the app when he finally said, “I actually haven’t been on the new app yet, so maybe not.”:rolleyes: I told him it’s okay I’ll just use the KTTW cards for it. Our return time was at 12:00. Perfect! Now our FP’s looked like this:

Dinosaur – 10:50-11:50am
EE – 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Kilimanjaro Safari – 12:40pm – 1:40pm

It was 10:30 right now so I thought we should take DS over to Dinoland and take him on a ride and he was pretty happy about it!

Let’s do this!

DM took some pictures before we got off

Oh man. Do not, I repeat, do NOT try and look around while on this ride. Yeah, it looks all sweet and innocent from the outside, but as soon as you're on that Dino, they take you to a whole 'nother head change. :faint: We skipped Primeval Whirl this trip. Didn’t feel like barfing this early in the morning.

Were you able to find the way to change FP+ times? I've changed a few of mine already, the only thing I don't like is that you're limited to 3 different rides and one park a day. Am I missing something?

Cute pictures all around.

Bummer about the game. It's not on the room TVs? I know nothing about sports...

Sorry your DH's game was not shown at RF Cafe. But I just love all the photos you got!

Great FP line-up! I still wonder if the new FP plus system will be good for us or not. We change our mind far too often. ;)

Love the ride pics. We have never been on that ride (and I don't think we will, things that go around and around make me sick). Calvin looked sceptical about it too. :rotfl:

My alarm went off at 7am. Then my second alarm went off at 7:10am. Third and final alarm at 7:15. I knew no more alarms were coming after that so I got up. Who else sets 3 alarms?

Me.

Oh wait, I set MORE!

Let's see
  1. I have my wake up one (timed to allow for 2.5 hits of "snooze")
  2. The alarm that means make sure Evan is up
  3. The alarm that means make sure eric is up
  4. The 5 minute warning alarm before Evan's carpool arrives to ensure he is ready
  5. The 10 minute warning alarm before Eric's bus leaves to make sure he is ready
  6. The alarm that makes sure Eric actually leave
  7. The alarm that tells me to get in the shower. Which I hit snooze on WAY too many times and am often late to work! (though I am working often duyring all of this.
LOL!

Not as many on vacation though...usually 2-3.

I hopped out of the car quickly and let DH take care of taking out the luggage. I was greeted with “Jambo, Welcome Home” by two ladies with an iPad. They asked for my name and told them and also mentioned the placard. They showed me on the iPad that there was an Alice Crow and an Alicia Crow and pointed out to them that I was Alicia, not Alice. So they brought up that information as we walked to the registration desk. A sweet, eager, young man greeted me (complete opposite of the guy that checked me in at SSR and I totally welcomed his niceness :lmao:). The women showed him the confirmation of my arrival on the iPad and he was able to bring up the information on his computer. Not sure why I couldn’t do this at the desk but whatever. He nervously told me that my room wasn’t ready but that he could send a text to let me know when it was ready. I assured him it was totally fine because we were headed straight to the park anyway. Do I look that scary to make someone nervous?! :stir::crazy: There was an issue printing out our KTTW cards, so it took a while to do that. He told me to keep these on hand in case there was a problem with our Magic Bands. After I was done checking in, I headed over to Concierge to make sure that my UT tickets were successfully linked to our Magic Bands. I also wanted to ask about securing a FP for BoG. Our tickets were already successfully linked which was great! I told the lady about the message I kept receiving about BoG, saying that I was already registered for a FP but it wasn’t letting me get to it. I told her I called Tech Support and they told me to go to Concierge and that they would help me there. She kind of laughed and rolled her eyes and said, “ You have no idea how many times guests come up saying that. Tech support doesn’t know what they’re doing so they send them to our desk, where unfortunately we can’t do anything either.” Ugh well that smells stinkowith (Jar jar binks anyone?:darth:) I even showed her a screen shot of the website and the error that kept popping up. She wrote down the confirmation number that I needed to get a reservation and she told me to keep trying to secure a FP. I really didn’t feel like making a fuss since I wanted to be on our way to AK, so said thanks for helping and saw that the family was waiting for me in the lobby. The whole check-in process and going over to the Concierge desk took 30 minutes. A long time, IMO. Oh well, let’s go to Animal Kingdom! :simba::squirrel::fish:

UGH!

It wasn’t until after we took the PP pictures, that I realized how gross it felt at 10:15am. It was humid and sticky. Ick. DH came over and said they were showing all games except for his. Of course they weren't showing it. I mean, we haven’t caught too much of a break this trip, why would we get one now?!

I told DH we missed our window for EE and suggested we get some real FP’s for the ride. So off we went before we needed to add some more PP pictures to my Magic Band

WAH on multiple levels (no game, heat, missed FP)

Dinosaur – 10:50-11:50am
EE – 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Kilimanjaro Safari – 12:40pm – 1:40pm

Nice!

Oh man. Do not, I repeat, do NOT try and look around while on this ride. Yeah, it looks all sweet and innocent from the outside, but as soon as you're on that Dino, they take you to a whole 'nother head change. :faint: We skipped Primeval Whirl this trip. Didn’t feel like barfing this early in the morning.

I haven't done this one in a bit bummer that it didn't sit so well

DS looks so happy!!!!!!!!!!!! Adorable pics Alicia

It was 10:10 and we missed our first FP+ reservation for Expedition Everest. Waah.
Strike 1 for FP+... :headache:

DH came over and said they were showing all games except for his. Of course they weren't showing it. I mean, we haven’t caught too much of a break this trip, why would we get one now?!
:headache: Who did the Packers play that week? Must not have been a high profile game. You'd think there are enough Packers fans around that they'd show that game. :confused3

But as soon as we were done with PP, DH was on a mission. Such speed!
Priorities... Gotta get that EE ride in.

Oh man. Do not, I repeat, do NOT try and look around while on this ride. Yeah, it looks all sweet and innocent from the outside, but as soon as you're on that Dino, they take you to a whole 'nother head change. :faint:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

We skipped Primeval Whirl this trip. Didn’t feel like barfing this early in the morning.
Well, if you can't handle the Prehistoric Dumbo, you've got no business on that... :rolleyes1

Bummer about the game. It's not on the room TVs? I know nothing about sports...
The TV in the room would just show whatever game was being broadcast by the local CBS or Fox affiliate. Probably Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa or somebody like that took priority over a Packers game.

Me.

Oh wait, I set MORE!

Let's see
  1. I have my wake up one (timed to allow for 2.5 hits of "snooze")
  2. The alarm that means make sure Evan is up
  3. The alarm that means make sure eric is up
  4. The 5 minute warning alarm before Evan's carpool arrives to ensure he is ready
  5. The 10 minute warning alarm before Eric's bus leaves to make sure he is ready
  6. The alarm that makes sure Eric actually leave
  7. The alarm that tells me to get in the shower. Which I hit snooze on WAY too many times and am often late to work! (though I am working often duyring all of this.
LOL!

Not as many on vacation though...usually 2-3.
FP+ might change that. Maybe an alarm 10 minutes before the FP time. Maybe another 10 minutes before the end of the window to make sure you don't miss out... :rolleyes1

Ooh! What a nice set of PP pictures at AK.

I hope you liked the FP+ system and that it worked for you. Did you reschedule another FP+ on your band for later in the day or did you let it go?

Calvin sure does express himself through his facial expressions! I'm glad that you avoided the Spew! :crazy2:

So did they figure out how to do the FP or did you have to just get a paper FP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter