Flying Westjet? Check your flights!

We're staying at the Desert Inn so no shuttle unfortunately. We've used that bus before though years ago before we discovered SNA! I didn't know it was still a thing but I'll check it out. Thanks!

Edited to add- Looks like it's cheaper than a car service and the pick up location is 2 minutes away from our hotel. Thanks for pointing me in this direction!
We were at the Camelot when we took it and they do have a group stop almost right at the crosswalk - very doable even with luggage. :earsboy:

Where are you staying? If it's a chain hotel, it's possible they may have their own shuttle to LAX. We always have a rental but the one time I did DLR on my own without DH, we used this service. The bus was Disney-themed and the kids got a real kick out of it. It's not affiliated with DLR though and not the same as the Magical Express in WDW.
Bus To Disneyland - Airport Shuttle Prices | Disneyland Resort Express (coachusa.com)
Lansky quoted me $325 for return to and from Del Sol from LAX. Better than car rental at $475 plus parking.. Come on Westjet... we need to fly into SNA :rotfl2:
I'd forgotten about this bus option to LAX. I actually assumed it wasn't a thing anymore because it's been so long since we've used it! We're staying at the Desert Inn and Suites and the pick up is right In front of the BWPPI so an easy walk. There's only 2 of us so it's a way cheaper option for us. Maybe it will work for you?

Where are you staying? If it's a chain hotel, it's possible they may have their own shuttle to LAX. We always have a rental but the one time I did DLR on my own without DH, we used this service. The bus was Disney-themed and the kids got a real kick out of it. It's not affiliated with DLR though and not the same as the Magical Express in WDW.
Bus To Disneyland - Airport Shuttle Prices | Disneyland Resort Express (coachusa.com)
Lansky quoted me $325 for return to and from Del Sol from LAX. Better than car rental at $475 plus parking.. Come on Westjet... we need to fly into SNA :rotfl2:
So apparently they ceased operations last year. It didn't tell me that until I tried to actually book. Boo!!! Back to the drawing board.

So right now the WestJet site says the no charge cancellation or change is in effect if you book before July 31st. Do we think they will extend that again? And when they will announce that?

My October trip is looking doubtful and I’m wondering if I should just cancel soon and book new flights for the spring. I kind of don’t want to admit yet that October is a no go, but I want to have the flexibility with my flights.

Ugh. We can’t go in October if my youngest has to stay out of school and I’m nervous taking him when he’s not vaccinated considering things in the US are getting worse (and the pre departure test we need).

So right now the WestJet site says the no charge cancellation or change is in effect if you book before July 31st. Do we think they will extend that again? And when they will announce that?

My October trip is looking doubtful and I’m wondering if I should just cancel soon and book new flights for the spring. I kind of don’t want to admit yet that October is a no go, but I want to have the flexibility with my flights.

Ugh. We can’t go in October if my youngest has to stay out of school and I’m nervous taking him when he’s not vaccinated considering things in the US are getting worse (and the pre departure test we need).

Are you already booked with WestJet for October? If so you would be able to move those flights to spring later, once you make the decision. But that would I guess lock in that spring trip if they don't extend it. Can you just book spring flights now and then cancel whichever you won't use later? I'm not sure if they give you a refund or a credit... and it is a lot of money to tie up either way.

Are you already booked with WestJet for October? If so you would be able to move those flights to spring later, once you make the decision. But that would I guess lock in that spring trip if they don't extend it. Can you just book spring flights now and then cancel whichever you won't use later? I'm not sure if they give you a refund or a credit... and it is a lot of money to tie up either way.

We are booked with WestJet for October. We have cancelled and rebooked a couple times using our flight credits from our cancelled March 2020 trip.

If you cancel you just get the credits back in your travel bank. I want to cancel and then book so my new flights also have no charge change or cancellation.

Taking into consideration that WJ has dropped out of funding negotiations with the Canadian Government, I would not bank on their no charge policy being extended. Part of the agreement for rescue funds states that airlines have to offer refunds to customers, so if they're not taking rescue money, they're free to do what they want. I realize refunds are not the same as waiving change fees, but they're in the same category of customer service.

I started calling WJ at 10 this morning, after 30 mins they offered the auto call back, so I entered my info, its now 9 and I never got a call. Has anyone gotten a call back from them recently?

That's crazy! Thanks for the heads up. So far out flights are unchanged, but we are still 6 months away. I'll be checking in every few months to make sure it isn't changed.

I started calling WJ at 10 this morning, after 30 mins they offered the auto call back, so I entered my info, its now 9 and I never got a call. Has anyone gotten a call back from them recently?
Put in another call back this am and still nothing..I also messaged on fb..

I know their pricing has gone though the roof. On June 12 we booked YHZ-YYZ-MCO return for 2 (travel dates Aug 8 - 20) for $783 total (I admit this was a good price). That same flight to book today is $3,300!!! That's 4x the price in a bit over a month and it looks to be the cheapest option on the dates we are travelling. I understand supply and demand, but I hope our flight doesn't get changed and we have to rebook because I won't be paying that difference in price to go. Do they make you pay for the difference in price if they change your flight and you don't like the change and want a different flight?

I know their pricing has gone though the roof. On June 12 we booked YHZ-YYZ-MCO return for 2 (travel dates Aug 8 - 20) for $783 total (I admit this was a good price). That same flight to book today is $3,300!!! That's 4x the price in a bit over a month and it looks to be the cheapest option on the dates we are travelling. I understand supply and demand, but I hope our flight doesn't get changed and we have to rebook because I won't be paying that difference in price to go. Do they make you pay for the difference in price if they change your flight and you don't like the change and want a different flight?

Not usually, at least in my experience. Changed a January flight yesterday, since we had to rearrange our trip a little, and figured it was going to cost us at least $1000 more for the new date. Didn’t get charged, because (according to the agent) they had made a change to our flight. I didn’t volunteer the info that the only thing that had changed was the flight numbers…

I ended getting my call back this evening from WJ, the agent was able to make the change I needed due to the change they had initially made, and there was no charge for it even though the new total would have been higher..it was too close for comfort though, she mentioned on the flight we changed to (and only available direct one) there were only 6 seats left, and we needed 5 of them. So it all worked out in the end, but I have been very nervous the past few days...

I ended getting my call back this evening from WJ, the agent was able to make the change I needed due to the change they had initially made, and there was no charge for it even though the new total would have been higher..it was too close for comfort though, she mentioned on the flight we changed to (and only available direct one) there were only 6 seats left, and we needed 5 of them. So it all worked out in the end, but I have been very nervous the past few days...
You did pretty well on the wait, actually. I started calling last Wednesday. After reading this thread I was shocked to find all our flights (Calgary to Vancouver return) for our August vacation cancelled. No notice, not rescheduled and no funds returned. I was freaking out!!

I stayed on hold for 7 hours on Wednesday and then when my call was answered, the operator just kept saying "hello, hello" and then disconnected me. I tried again on Thursday and gave up and put in for a booked-time return call - the earliest I could get was for Monday, July 19. I tried calling and holding again on Friday and Sunday, put in for call-backs both times and nothing. My pre-booked return call did come through on Monday but 2 hours earlier than it was scheduled for. It was just luck I was there and able to take it.

I won't even go into the nonsense the representative said; I realize the phone reps are not personally at fault. After escalation I was able to get the flights re-booked without any additional cost. Flights leaving within 30 minutes of our original ones are now priced three times what we paid and they tried to charge us for the difference. Crossing my fingers and checking every day now to make sure we don't get the rug-pulled-out again.

I have also filed a complaint with Transport Canada. I fine-tooth-combed the Ticket Agreement and there is absolutely nothing even close to allowing them to cancel flights with no notice and not refund payment. :mad:

You did pretty well on the wait, actually. I started calling last Wednesday. After reading this thread I was shocked to find all our flights (Calgary to Vancouver return) for our August vacation cancelled. No notice, not rescheduled and no funds returned. I was freaking out!!

I stayed on hold for 7 hours on Wednesday and then when my call was answered, the operator just kept saying "hello, hello" and then disconnected me. I tried again on Thursday and gave up and put in for a booked-time return call - the earliest I could get was for Monday, July 19. I tried calling and holding again on Friday and Sunday, put in for call-backs both times and nothing. My pre-booked return call did come through on Monday but 2 hours earlier than it was scheduled for. It was just luck I was there and able to take it.

I won't even go into the nonsense the representative said; I realize the phone reps are not personally at fault. After escalation I was able to get the flights re-booked without any additional cost. Flights leaving within 30 minutes of our original ones are now priced three times what we paid and they tried to charge us for the difference. Crossing my fingers and checking every day now to make sure we don't get the rug-pulled-out again.

I have also filed a complaint with Transport Canada. I fine-tooth-combed the Ticket Agreement and there is absolutely nothing even close to allowing them to cancel flights with no notice and not refund payment. :mad:
Westjet also owns Swoop and there have been a bunch of complaints on social media detailing the exact same behaviour. Primarily cancelling the flight without notice and then spiking the prices of the flights that could be used as an alternative . If you don’t get the change email, and you can’t get an agent on the phone you end up having to pay the new price. Something really fishy is going on .

Westjet also owns Swoop and there have been a bunch of complaints on social media detailing the exact same behaviour. Primarily cancelling the flight without notice and then spiking the prices of the flights that could be used as an alternative . If you don’t get the change email, and you can’t get an agent on the phone you end up having to pay the new price. Something really fishy is going on .

I'm surprised no news outlet has reported on this situation yet.

Well before the pandemic Swoop was notorious for cancelling flights right-and-left. We never booked with them for anything but an office friend had her AI package to Mazatlan shifted by two days throwing her entire plan into chaos.

Mine were changed SNA to LAX from yvr. I’m going with the flow but angry I got no notice at all and now have to pay triple to get from
Airport to Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter