Florean Fortescue’s no longer serving Ice Cream in cups?

We were the same with those ridiculous straws.......

In Jakes one night I had a frozen cocktail.....went through 3 straws for one drink, the frozen ice was splitting them......not good....one of the barmen in one of the bars said they are going through so many more of them.......sadly it’s almost everywhere......there were a couple of places that still had plastic straws outside the parks but not many.

I’ve been hoarding plastic straws from Starbucks the last couple of times I’ve been ready to take with us to the parks in a couple of weeks exactly for this reason. I’m just going to put a few in a Ziplock each day and take them with us.

Bummer I don't care for waffle cones. But I have talked myself out of souvenir glasses. I will get one next time and then switch to the waffle cone. Hopefully they will bring the cups back.

Those stupid paper straws! I got a milkshake at Breadbox and tried drinking it with those dumb straws. They were dissolving faster than I could drink it, and the texture of the straws was making me gag. I finally gave up. Next time I'll throw some plastic straws in my bag.

Tip for all of you: I've found that the standard length plastic straws fit perfectly in a toothbrush holder. I already have it packed in my hip bag for our trip down tomorrow.

My husband has a collapsible steel straw that his sister gave him. I haven’t been able to find anything similar locally, so I’ll just make do.

But I don’t understand this bartender and drinks issue? Who uses a straw for a scotch and water or vodka martini? pirate:

My husband has a collapsible steel straw that his sister gave him. I haven’t been able to find anything similar locally, so I’ll just make do.

But I don’t understand this bartender and drinks issue? Who uses a straw for a scotch and water or vodka martini? pirate:

The bartenders we spoke to serve a lot of frozen cocktails or tall cocktails and straws were disintegrating very quickly......we certainly noticed with our drinks in some places. I fully understand what they mean.

Smaller cocktails like the Rum Revival in StrongWater they still give you two small plastic straws.

The bartenders we spoke to serve a lot of frozen cocktails or tall cocktails and straws were disintegrating very quickly......we certainly noticed with our drinks in some places. I fully understand what they mean.

Smaller cocktails like the Rum Revival in StrongWater they still give you two small plastic straws.
Did I use the wrong emoji to indicate I was joking?

Did I use the wrong emoji to indicate I was joking?

LOL I got the joke!

Not to derail the main topic but since we are talking drinks- I may be at StrongWater Tavern on my next trip and LOVE rum but only when it is mixed with other stuff, not just by itself, does anyone want to recommend some good drinks to try there?

LOL I got the joke!

Not to derail the main topic but since we are talking drinks- I may be at StrongWater Tavern on my next trip and LOVE rum but only when it is mixed with other stuff, not just by itself, does anyone want to recommend some good drinks to try there?

All of them! Here are just a few we love.........(tried them all) I prefer a cocktail to straight rum too. They are all strong!!!

Rum Marathoner

Rum Revival

Fountain of Youth

Fools Gold (new, not on menu yet, should be soon though)

Rum Mule

Blackberry and Thyme Daiquiri.....this is replacing the French berry daiquiri currently on the menu

The lazy river....(new)

Mai Tai.....very strong.....

Old Fashioned........

Lenny, Ashley and Brad are the best bar folks around......they make the best cocktails and are so much fun.....but the waiters and waitresses are all knowledgable about rums and cocktails and will advise you on what they can make you to suit your tastes........

It’s a fabulous bar and we love it there......amazing food and drinks......

I saw cups yesterday. They were being filled and taken through the door behind cash register. So someone was getting them. My guess is if you request a cup especially if there is a allergy they will provide one.

Last edited:
I saw cups yesterday. They were being filled and taken through the four behind cash register. So someone was getting them. My guess is if you request a cup especially if there is a allergy they will provide one.

As they should do!!

Manager was adamant they were being removed altogether...….hopefully if people keep asking......

This bugs me because I’m pretty sure I’ve never encountered an ice cream shop that didn’t offer cups. I always order a small cup because it’s all I want.

We've solved the problem. The line at Fortescue was huge so we wandered down to Ben and Jerry's with nearly no line, more choices, cups and wooden spoons.

We've solved the problem. The line at Fortescue was huge so we wandered down to Ben and Jerry's with nearly no line, more choices, cups and wooden spoons.

They may have more choices but I’m pretty sure they don’t have clotted cream or butterbeer choices :p

Wooden spoons? Is this a new (awesome!) thing at Universal or just Ben and Jerry’s?

I've bought some plastic straws from Amazon and will be taking a bundle with me in October, I wont be taking my own ice cream cups though!

True, but more choices don't mean much when they aren't the ones I want.

I honestly don't get the thinking behind taking away the cups. If anything they're just gonna create more waste from people buying the souvenir cup and then throwing it away cause they don't want it (similar to the milkshake cups from Toothless....I mean Toothsome. I just left mine on the table when I left (I ordered the milkshake while waiting for a regular table so I didn't just leave it on a random table)).

I have zero interest in souvenir cups but very much dislike feeling I need to rush through my ice cream before it starts melting in a cone. So since we pack a bag, anyway, I'll just bring my own own bowl and dump the contents of the cone into that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter