Florean Fortescue’s no longer serving Ice Cream in cups?

I honestly don't get the thinking behind taking away the cups. If anything they're just gonna create more waste from people buying the souvenir cup and then throwing it away cause they don't want it (similar to the milkshake cups from Toothless....I mean Toothsome. I just left mine on the table when I left (I ordered the milkshake while waiting for a regular table so I didn't just leave it on a random table)).
Wait those toothsome ones are souvenirs? I didn’t know! We had milkshakes and left them too

It’s correct that they no longer serve cups but they did make an exception for us a few weeks ago bc my son is gluten free and can’t have the cone. I refuse to pay extra for a souvenir glass I don’t want and have to then carry around so if they change this we won’t go there any more.

Wait those toothsome ones are souvenirs? I didn’t know! We had milkshakes and left them too

I think the reason why a lot are left behind is more so this reason rather than people do not want them at Toothsome's. I've only been there a couple of times to check out the shop and I do not know how many of those glass mugs I've seen on the tables outside left behind. Some I'm surprised to see are only half eaten.

I do not know what the plastic cup looks like for Florean Fortescue's, but I do think it is a waste. As I can see those being discarded genuinely due to them not being wanted. As that type of place is grab and go, where as Toothsome's is a dining experience and a lot of people probably assume they're meant to be picked up and washed, just like drinks.

If anything they can make one of those cone cups / bowls. That way at least the ice cream is contained and people can either eat it, or discard it. However, that probably still is an allergen issue.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter