Flight of Passage worth 90 min wait?

I would not wait 100 minutes during the day, BUT I would get in line right before closing and wait because I wouldn't be wasting any time.

It’s our last day, and we are at AK. We missed FoP last year - no Fastpasses available, 2 hour wait.

Today we’ve been here since 8 and the wait has stayed between 90-120 minutes. We loved the movie and the River Journey.
Is FoP worth 90 minutes? We’ve done everything else we want to do in the park.
Yes! Best ride at Disney hands down! Haven’t been on RoR yet, but it’s a must do!

If we were on our last vacation day and had completed the rest of the park, we too would've made the decision to wait 100 minutes. I'm glad for you to have had the experience. I enjoy FOP but I have motion issues so can't really look down when my bird descends. Personally, I think the coolest part of that ride is to feel the bird breathing especially as it gets ready to ascend.

I waited 90 minutes the very first time I rode it and it seemed worth it. Would not do that again.
Now we ride if the line is short, and especially right before close.
I agree with this. If you've never done it, 90 minutes honestly isn't too terrible of wait, compared to what some waits lines have been for even lesser rides. Having ridden it, I wouldn't wait that long again. It's cool, but I just don't feel like waiting that long for it.

Yes, for others going go first thing we had a 30 min wait...
Only time in my life I like the smell of caves is on this attraction...lol

Last edited:
I'd say it's worth well over 90 minutes. It's breathtaking, truly a wonderful experience.

We waited 2.5 hours at Rope Drop last year and didn't regret waiting that long, but we wouldn't wait that long again for it. We rode it two more times that trip when we got dropped fastpasses at 1pm. For me its a bit like Soaring....amazing the first time but once you've ridden it a few times, it gets old.

We rode it twice last Thursday, November 5. It was the first and last ride we did that day. Bout less than an hour both times.

I had read this post prior to is riding it last week for the first time. It was posted at 50, but was more like 30 the day we rode. We enjoyed it, but if the outdoor queue had been any longer than what it was (only shortly past the main entry) we would have skipped it. Now that we've riden, I wouldn't wait more than 45 mins to an hour personally.

Glad the OP enjoyed it, too. Side note, we streamed Avatar later that week at BLT because we hadn't seen it since originally released! Dd kept asking questions and I couldn't remember :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter