Flight of Passage worth 90 min wait?

This reminds me of the 2 hour wait for Splash Mtn. at Disneyland the 1st year it was open, when Fastpass didn't exist.
I remember thinking, do I wait 2 hours now, or wait 2 hours later? So chose now. It took the full 2 hours, but got to talking to my fellow waiters, and the time went by quickly. The ride was worth it.

FoP is the same way. It is worth it............................. to me :-)
In July of 1992 I was in the Magic Kingdom with my family from the UK in the Magic Kingdom in WDW and to our surprise, we saw a line formed outside Splash Mountain for a trial opening! A very long wait, probably close to 2 hours, but totally worth it!

People who say: nothing is worth a 90 minute wait, that‘s totally cool... but I have a different view.

If you go to Disney often, you probably have less pressure to check this off your list. If you haven‘t been on FOP, I would not skip out on it just to save 90 minutes off a vacation. You‘ve spent so much time getting to Disney, and this is one of the best attractions they have ever built.

Plus, the queue is amazing. It won‘t completely counteract the feelings of people just hate to wait in line generally, but it‘s truly well done and so fill of detail. They could make it its own walk-through and people would love it.

Also, if you‘re with good company, a long line is just time spent together. Maybe there‘s an opportunity cost of getting in that line... like you would have to skip three other things. I leave that to OP to decide.

I waited nearly 2 hours, while soaking wet from a pre-hurricane downpour, in 2017 and thought it was worth it, so yes

I see you waited and enjoyed the ride! Good for you.

For anyone on the fence, it's worth the wait but it depends on a lot of things. Weather, how often you go, when will you be back, did you do everything you wanted to do, how many in your party, ages of party, etc. etc. etc.

OP here.
105 posted wait.
We waited 100 minutes.
Totally worth the wait for the first time.

I don't think we are coming back until Fastpasses do.
Glad you got to ride it and had a good time. To me, no ride is worth a 90 minute wait (or even a 60 minute wait). But it is a great ride!

OP here.
105 posted wait.
We waited 100 minutes.

So glad you rode it, I usually don't wait that long, but there are a few that are worth it, you don't want to leave with regrets! It's a great ride!!

Glad you enjoyed it. In your scenario, it was worth it.

But IMO, Rise of the Resistance is the only ride worth that wait.

We waited 2 hours pre-pandemic & my aunt & mom were so disappointed when we used a Fastpass the second time because they enjoyed the queue so much 😂😂

It’s been interesting seeing all the queues I don’t normally go through because I was always a FP+ user.

As someone who’s ridden FoP a bunch of times I definitely wouldn’t wait 90 minutes, but if it was my first time I certainly would. Glad you opted to wait and that you enjoyed it.

Waiting that long when you have done everything else and haven't done FOP is the only time waiting that long is worth it. On top of that the queue has lots to see.

OP, glad to read that you decided to see it through and experience flight if the passage. Agree about the need to see the return of fast pass or a new program providing greater ride experiences over what fast pass was providing.

OP here.
105 posted wait.
We waited 100 minutes.

Glad you rode it. If I had replied earlier I would have asked what else would you do with your 90-100 minutes if you didn't wait for FOP? Would you have just walked around, rode other attractions you have ridden before, get something to eat, etc...? Always depends on what is important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter