• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

With the Canadian discount that came out today, if I buy a 5 day ticket with maxpass for $347 and I decide to upgrade to a flexpass with maxpass on my last day will I get credited the $347 I paid or the regular price of $380. So basic question is will i lose the discount?

With the Canadian discount that came out today, if I buy a 5 day ticket with maxpass for $347 and I decide to upgrade to a flexpass with maxpass on my last day will I get credited the $347 I paid or the regular price of $380. So basic question is will i lose the discount?
I’ve only seen the Canadian discount for WDW park tickets announced today-is there an offer for Disneyland too?

We will be arriving at the Grand Californian in the early morning hours 7 or 8 am. We will be leaving our bags with Bell Services and entering the parks for the first time. And we have already purchased Flex Passes.
I know we can enter the parks directly from the hotel, but do we need to go to a ticket office before we enter the parks? Or can we do that right at the Grand Californian? I can see our tickets on the app already.

We will be arriving at the Grand Californian in the early morning hours 7 or 8 am. We will be leaving our bags with Bell Services and entering the parks for the first time. And we have already purchased Flex Passes.
I know we can enter the parks directly from the hotel, but do we need to go to a ticket office before we enter the parks? Or can we do that right at the Grand Californian? I can see our tickets on the app already.

I’m curious about this as well, but will be staying at the DLH. I know the front desks can print tickets, but curious if they can hand over the plastic passes...

I’m curious about this as well, but will be staying at the DLH. I know the front desks can print tickets, but curious if they can hand over the plastic passes...
I’ve done a fully electronic experience before...purchased a Flex pass for my daughter on the app, scan at turnstyle, and was handed a temporary paper ticket to convert to plastic pass at the booth.
Done the same with single day tickets.

You should be able to solely use the app barcode for ingress into the parks, you would need to eventually pay a visit to the booth (you have three months to do so, it’ll be printed on that temporary paper ticket).

Ugh I’m anxiously awaiting 7am for DIS to load 10/26 Flex inventory. I keep trying to reserve knowing nothing is there, hoping I get lucky :(

10/26 opened at roughly 0705 PDT (after me obsessively refreshing and retrying for 5 minutes) and I was able to get both parks. My friend was also able to get it at 0730 after many frantic phone calls from me yelling for her to wake up. There's hope!

I keep forgetting that Flex is limited to two, so if a large cohort of us are booking early October, it precludes us from blocking the latter half of the month.

Then I realized this has the potential to drive a lot more revenue in the future. I'm imagining something like $75 add-ons for an extra reservation, best part is Disney can still cap the attendance, so instead of degrading the guest experience, it just dilutes existing Flex holders. So glad I'm a shareholder too, hahah.

You actually don't need the plastic card except for discounts. You can use the barcode on your phone to get into the parks. I recommend using your phone to get into the park and maybe in the middle of the day check out the lines at the booths. If it is still long or just hot out to stand in line check back late in the evening. I will say it can take a little bit of time for them to do the passes at the booth so plan to be there for a bit.

10/26 opened at roughly 0705 PDT (after me obsessively refreshing and retrying for 5 minutes) and I was able to get both parks. My friend was also able to get it at 0730 after many frantic phone calls from me yelling for her to wake up. There's hope!

I keep forgetting that Flex is limited to two, so if a large cohort of us are booking early October, it precludes us from blocking the latter half of the month.

Then I realized this has the potential to drive a lot more revenue in the future. I'm imagining something like $75 add-ons for an extra reservation, best part is Disney can still cap the attendance, so instead of degrading the guest experience, it just dilutes existing Flex holders. So glad I'm a shareholder too, hahah.

I think all passes will eventually move to this format. Higher levels will have less block out dates and more reservations.

It’s 8:30 and I just reserved the 26th for two people as well.

Are you buying it directly from Disney? If so, they will know what you paid and would credit you with the $347.

You actually don't need the plastic card except for discounts. You can use the barcode on your phone to get into the parks. I recommend using your phone to get into the park and maybe in the middle of the day check out the lines at the booths. If it is still long or just hot out to stand in line check back late in the evening. I will say it can take a little bit of time for them to do the passes at the booth so plan to be there for a bit.
Thanks! One less thing to stress about on our first morning!

No date has sold out on the day it’s released yet. So at least so far, it has not been necessary to set a timer to grab a reservation or anything.

Of course, it’s always good to be prepared... but just for others reading along, this level of commitment is not (yet) necessary. 😊

ETA: As of 12:30pm (Pacific), October 12 and 26 are available for both parks. The other Saturdays in October are booked.

Last edited:
Theres a glitch on Oct 7. Disneyland is reservable and CA is a good to go day, yet choosing both days for a reservation shows as unavailable.
That hasn't been the case before. If CA was a good to go day and Disneyland was available to reserve it would still let you choose to do a reservation for both days.

Yeah, I think there’s something more than a glitch here. I am currently holding a “both parks” reservation for 10/7 on DDs pass which I booked a couple weeks ago... I didn’t even notice that DCA was good to go that day when I booked it.

WRT activation of a pass, as mentioned above you can use the mobile app for park access before you pick up the card but to specifically answer one of the questions, no, the hotels cannot generate/give you the plastic card. That’s a ticket booth activity.

No date has sold out on the day it’s released yet. So at least so far, it has not been necessary to set a timer to grab a reservation or anything.

Of course, it’s always good to be prepared... but just for others reading along, this level of commitment is not (yet) necessary. 😊

ETA: As of 12:30pm (Pacific), October 12 and 26 are available for both parks. The other Saturdays in October are booked.

I’m training for the inevitable! I’m used to doing it for Southwest Airlines.

Oh hey another revenue opportunity.... be able to reserve 12 hours before everyone else for a $30 add-on! Haha

The 12th was blocked out for a few days but eventually opened up from time to time.I kept checking every few hours and got lucky before this long open period. I'm starting to wonder if planning say two weekend trips in a 30 day window if it's better to only reserve the Saturdays and once you use one book the Sunday(next day). I havent seen Sundays block out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter