Flash sale @ UT: 7 day PH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just able to order them this morning!! Saved my family just about $160!

Thanks so much for posting!! i ended up first buying my 3 adult tickets and was going to just use some remaining money left in my Disney vacation account for my child ticket, but the savings was way too good to pass up.

So my family of 3 disney adults and 1 child we saved $338!!
Even compared to UT usual 7 day PH the savings was $213.

Glad i happen to be browsing this board this morning!!! that savings means a lot more Dole whips!!

I thought when Disney did the ticket increase/updates this past February, price bridging went away?

From Robo's ticket sticky (to check myself)

2. To upgrade a "New Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "current stock" (a ticket minted AFTER the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full CURRENT WDW gate price.
That "current price" of your original ticket will be subtracted from the CURRENT gate price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.

From Robo's ticket sticky (to check myself)
Just so you guys know, these are "old" tickets. I know that because I called when I didn't see a "use by" expiration date. It's good in the fact that, if you weren't going for a few years- you could use them then. Sounds like it's bad to try to save money on the annual pass?

Just so you guys know, these are "old" tickets. I know that because I called when I didn't see a "use by" expiration date. It's good in the fact that, if you weren't going for a few years- you could use them then. Sounds like it's bad to try to save money on the annual pass?

Here's the link if anyone wants to check themselves. :) https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170
1. To upgrade an "Old Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "old stock" or "leftover tickets" (a ticket minted BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full WDW gate price that was in place BEFORE Feb. 12, 2017. Even if you actually purchased your tickets after Feb. 12, if you bought
"leftover tickets" from the resellers older stock of tickets, they are considered to be tickets
minted before Feb. 12.

The price at which Disney sold these tickets to the public "before Feb. 12" will be the price subtracted from the CURRENT gate price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.

Thank you! I was searching for the post you were referring to. So it looks like money will be saved. Just not quite as much as previously thought. No big deal. I was actually pleased these were the tickets without the 2018 "use by" date since we're going to *try* to take a Disneyworld break next year.
Even if you didn't use the tickets by the expiration, the tickets can be "traded in" so to speak towards a new, non-expired ticket when the time comes. :)

While these might not be the highest discount as far as going to an AP since they are "old" tickets, if you are just looking for a 7 day PH (which I always am) this is a great deal.

I need an DVC gold AP for myself and a 7 day PH for DD. If I can still get this deal has anyone done the math on the savings???

I need an DVC gold AP for myself and a 7 day PH for DD. If I can still get this deal has anyone done the math on the savings???
Now knowing what I do about the price bridging and "new" and "old" tickets and such, it looks like the savings is $35.59 for the annual Gold pass. And the savings on a 7 day park hopper, as I see it, is $84.58. I bought the tickets assuming to upgrade in a few years when I need them. When that time comes, I'm not sure how much it'll save. Regardless, I don't have buyer's remorse because we love Disney and I know the tickets will be used in one way or another. It's just not quite the steal of a deal that I thought it was originally.

Is the sale done? I can't seem to find it at UCT?
It's still there. On the ticket page, it's the 4 day Park Hopper ticket that is + 3 days. There is also a banner to click after you go to the Walt Disney World portion advertising it.

I am so excited that I saw this post about the flash sale!!! I only have 4 days left on my old 10 day no expire hoppers with water park fun. I am hoarding these for shorter trips. DH and I want to take a 2 week long more leisurely paced trip in a few years. We don't want to go to the parks every day, so a 7 day ticket is perfect. I wanted to buy them back before the last price increase/2018 expiration date implementation, but I didn't make the move in time. I've been looking all over for a ticket reseller who still has the pre Feb 12th tickets.

I bought them and plan to hold onto them for a few years until we are ready to use them. I also considered a Gold Pass, but we don't go often enough to get good use from an annual pass. Thank you OP!!

With these being pre-February tickets, what is the total amount you will be given to bridge to an annual pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter