Five Guys burgers in OC

jlmarr

Fenton's Banana Special. Just sayin'.
For all of you fans of the east coast burger chain Five Guys, they've now opened a location on Katella, about 5 miles east of DLR in the city of Orange.

Never heard of it, but I'd love to try. I love a well made burger! In and Out and Fudruckers and Red Robin are my top favorites for burgers. :thumbsup2

o omg. i am driving to work down katell at the corner of katella and tustin ave here in orange(yes super close to disneyland) and umm i see a sign for five guys burgers, in front of the conroys flowers! ok so now i gotta figure out where they are and get me some meat!!! RFLOL :banana:

Five Guys has the best burgers and fries (Cajun Style)!!!!

I think it beats In-N-Out every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

I have never had an in and out burger......but I am from Indiana and I LOVE five guys. My husband travels to california often and thinks five guys and in and out are very similar.......

white castle??? lol

we just had a crave case challenge at my work the other day......everyone who did not participate avoided the restrooms like the plague for the rest of the day.....:lmao:

I had never heard of Five Guys until the other day while reading a burger survey. They were awarded #1 Best Burgers. I will have to try this on my next Disney trip.:thumbsup2:tink:

DW and I tried Five Guys last weekend and really didn't like it. Too greasy for us. Ditto Fatburger (near Knott's Berry Farm). We still like In-N-Out though, particularly with grilled onions, and the fries are great too. We don't have one *favorite* burger place, but In-N-Out is on our short list and Five Guys didn't make it.

About that Zagat Fast Food survey: Five Guys ranked #1 for burgers, but In-N-Out ranked #1 for "food" amongst large chains. I guess that counts fries and shakes, etc.

Anyone who has been to a Five Guys, what other chain most closely has fries and a burger to Five Guys that I could use to compare?

Anyone who has been to a Five Guys, what other chain most closely has fries and a burger to Five Guys that I could use to compare?

I'm not sure there is another chain like Five Guys. The thing that makes them unique is that EVERYTHING is served fresh. You build your burger when you order it and all of the condiments/extras are included in the cost. To them, it's about getting the freshest ingredients possible which makes a huge difference in taste.

When you order fries, they serve them up in a cup (approx. 20 ounce cup). Actually, it's like they use the cup to scoop them into a bag and then throw in the full cup on top of it.

You really can't beat the freshness, quality, and the ability to have your burger exactly the way you want it...everytime.

When you order fries, they serve them up in a cup (approx. 20 ounce cup). Actually, it's like they use the cup to scoop them into a bag and then throw in the full cup on top of it.
So TRUE! If you go def. split a fry. Or you will be eating fries for a week. They give you soooo much!:eek:

DW and I tried Five Guys last weekend and really didn't like it. Too greasy for us. Ditto Fatburger (near Knott's Berry Farm). We still like In-N-Out though, particularly with grilled onions, and the fries are great too. We don't have one *favorite* burger place, but In-N-Out is on our short list and Five Guys didn't make it.
Interesting! I also don't like Fatburger. But I love In-N-Out, animal style is the way to go :thumbsup2

Just went to the website and see they have one in San Jose. Will have to investigate...

They just opened one in Scottsdale near our house and we tried it a few weeks ago. I love In N Out and that's still my favorite, but I thought Five Guys was ok. DH however, liked it better than In N Out.

I thought Five Guys was fairly expensive. It cost us $30 to eat there and that was DH and I getting a burger, my 2 girls each getting a grilled cheese, 2 drinks and us all sharing an order of large fries.

FYI to everyone that hasn't been there before. A "Little Cheeseburger" has one meat patty vs. a "Cheeseburger" which has two! We didn't realize that until after we ordered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter