katekirisit

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I am need of some guidance, advice, tips & tricks, and general public opinion.

I am planning our very first trip to Disney World in Orlando for mine and my husbands honeymoon and I am curious if the price I was given for my vacation package is worth it or not, and I thought some seasoned WDW fans may be able to shed some light for me.

I am using a licensed Disney travel agent and have done extensive research on pretty much all things WDW. (to the point where I am now only finding reviews and forums I have already read LOL)

I understand everyone has different needs, desires, expectations, experiences etc.. but this is mine and my husbands first trip so we have none of that to go off of (only other people's opinions) - our budget for this trip is $11,000 (this includes everything including flight, vacation package, and spending money) it may be worth repeating that this is for a honeymoon and as you will see--we have opted for the dining plan as this is a great option for me and my husband.

The problem is.. every forum or review I read regarding WDW pricing is always shown in USD which throws me right off because of how much I am paying in CAD. (I know our exchange rate blows at the moment) I just want to know if the pricing you see below seems like a proper price point or not. We have already placed a deposit down, we are fully intending to take this trip regardless. again---just looking for other Canadian's opinions who have done this before.

Here the vacation details:

TRAVEL DATES: February 4th to 11th 2024
# OF TRAVELERS: 2 adults
PARK TICKETS: 4-day park tickets (2 people - NO park hopper)
DISNEY RESORT: Coronado Springs Resort (staying in Gran Destino Tower, standard view)
DISNEY DINING PLAN: yes - Standard DDP (we know this is controversial for some people -- my husband and I WILL get the value out of this)
FLIGHTS: Covered with Aeroplan points

VACATION PACKAGE TOTAL: $7001.11 CAD (for everything listed above minus the flights obviously lol)

Does this price for what we are getting seem worth it to you?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I’m not Canadian but the biggest thing I see is the dining plan. I know you say you’ll get full use out of this but I don’t think that’s even possible. It’s insanely overpriced for what you get. It was hard to get moneys worth before covid, and it was cheaper then and you got 2 snacks as opposed to the 1 snack you get now. Id take whatever you’re spending on the dining plan and put it on Disney gift cards. You’ll have more flexibility and whatever you don’t use (should be a decent amount) you can use on souvenirs.

I’m not Canadian but the biggest thing I see is the dining plan. I know you say you’ll get full use out of this but I don’t think that’s even possible. It’s insanely overpriced for what you get. It was hard to get moneys worth before covid, and it was cheaper then and you got 2 snacks as opposed to the 1 snack you get now. Id take whatever you’re spending on the dining plan and put it on Disney gift cards. You’ll have more flexibility and whatever you don’t use (should be a decent amount) you can use on souvenirs.
Sounds Great! - Thanks for the tip!

So! I just did a quick test booking to see how much it'd cost for all of that on WDW.com and it's pretty close, just cheaper if done by yourself. (I used a currency converter to see the difference- I came up with $6735.05 Canadian)

So! I just did a quick test booking to see how much it'd cost for all of that on WDW.com and it's pretty close, just cheaper if done by yourself. (I used a currency converter to see the difference- I came up with $6735.05 Canadian)
Sweet! - thank you so much for doing that! - Could it be because of the dining plan? as my travel agent does not charge me for their services

That seems like a normal price for 7 nights in Grand Destino, park tickets, and the dining plan.

I would go for the 7 day tickets;being there for the first time,you'll probably want to visit parks a second or even third time.It shouldn't cost that much more,unless of course you have other places to visit .Don't forget the automatic tip added on to your bill;that can up to a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! The price you got is not out of line, but I would like to comment on some of the responses you have received. I would forgo the dining plan, mostly for the cost but also for the flexibility. You can take the difference in cost and get gift cards (often puchased online or at a discount big box store) and save on the exchange rate. Also noted was only 4 days in the parks. As your first time, you may want to spend more time, as it is difficult to see most of the parks in that time. Truthfully, there is so much to see and do, you should rely on your research as to your priorities. I have found all of the vlogs on youtube as a great tool, allowing us to weed out the experiences that we might not enjoy as much as others. That being said, enjoy your personal, unique experience.

Congrats!!! The price you got is not out of line, but I would like to comment on some of the responses you have received. I would forgo the dining plan, mostly for the cost but also for the flexibility. You can take the difference in cost and get gift cards (often puchased online or at a discount big box store) and save on the exchange rate. Also noted was only 4 days in the parks. As your first time, you may want to spend more time, as it is difficult to see most of the parks in that time. Truthfully, there is so much to see and do, you should rely on your research as to your priorities. I have found all of the vlogs on youtube as a great tool, allowing us to weed out the experiences that we might not enjoy as much as others. That being said, enjoy your personal, unique experience.
Thank you so much! I am going to consider these suggestions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter