First Trip to DL - solo (COMPLETE) new link p.43

I would love to do a cruise together someday! That would be so much fun:goodvibes

Awesome! I think so too!

Yay for MB's!

28 Days til Vacation!!!

Woot woot! Dang that came up quickly didn't it?!

I might have gone totally vacation overboard this year... :rotfl: I pretty much loathe my job so have tried to get away from there as much as possible :laughing: I have 5 months before I can leave and find a new job, next year shouldn't be too excessive.

I'm so embarrassed...I didn't even know about Mickey and the Magical Map until I read PIO's TR:blush: It's something I definitely need to watch whenever I make it back to DL!

It was a great show, definitely worth taking the time. And it's not something you have to get there too much ahead of time, there's so many seats, and probably 4-5 showings a day.

So glad you made it to the concert safely! The one time I was supposed to see Alison play at DCA, I got extremely sick. DH and I both got food poisoning :sick::sick: I need to catch her one day!

Oh what a bummer, I can't imagine getting food poisoning on vacation :( Definitely try to catch another show, they were absolutely fabulous!

Well everyone, this is it, the last day of vacation. No parks, just traveling, so not really vacation at all, but you have to get home somehow. I did have the next day off from work, and was originally planning on being in CA for all 8 days, but decided a buffer day would be good so left on day 7.

I managed to wake up at 6:30, finished up my packing, got ready and headed out shortly before 8:00. I was a little overzealous with my fruit purchases, or I didn’t eat as much as I planned in the mornings. I had two mangos, two oranges, and a pack of strawberries left. The mangos and oranges got packed in the carryon, I could eat those at home, but the strawberries I planned to eat on the drive to the airport. My flight was at 1:05.

Goodbye room

I loved the light fixtures

I went down to the lobby to get a printed copy of my room charges, I like to have one for the records.

These are the front doors to the hotel, aren’t they gorgeous!

I was stopped on my walk to the car by a CM. He saw me dragging my luggage all alone and asked where my helpers were. That was followed by a nice conversation, it happens that his sister lives about 20 minutes away from where I do. Such a small world. Then he had to tell me about another small world incident where he met the son of a childhood friend at DL. He grew up on the East Coast. It’s amazing how things like that happen. I was well aware of the time table I was on so kindly went on my way.

I had the bags in the car at 8:24 and started my drive. I was quite a bit nervous, I needed to be at the car return place by 10:00. I figured they’d just charge me a little more if I was late, but I didn’t want to create any problems. I hit some traffic, but the phone detoured me around it. That phone was a life saver. When I wasn’t too far from the Budget center I stopped for some gasoline. It only cost $24.81 so I was very glad I didn’t prepay for gas which they wanted to charge $55. Returned the car, and was in a transport bus at 9:50, perfect!

Check in was smooth and I was at my gate by 11:00. I was quite hungry. A bunch of the strawberries were moldy so I didn’t have much of a breakfast. I stopped at Starbucks and got a bagel and a cinnamon pastry. I managed to forget about pictures… The pastry was sadly dry, but the bagel was fabulous. I found a seat and caught up in the journal and Passporter. After a bit I went in search of a soda and ended up at McDonalds where I got a strawberry milkshake and fries. I was still on vacation after all, I’d watch calories when I got home. Shortly after that they started boarding. My strategy with SW, if it’s not a sold out flight, is to go all the way to the back of the plane and hope nobody joins me. Well I didn’t have anybody sitting directly next to me, but an older gentleman did join my row. He had the most foul body odor and that made my 5 hour flight home absolutely horrific. And then the person in front of me kept pushing his seat back, and then bouncing on it trying to make it go back further. I was quite scared he’d break the seat and crush me. I wasn’t able to sleep, I never can, but I did attempt it. I read and played games on the phone and was finally home.

I took a few pictures on the plane, I thought this body of water looked so interesting.

And then we passed into a wall of clouds

I didn’t have the usual end of vacation sadness. It was such a perfect vacation there was nothing to be sad about. It was so much fun seeing different parks and all the magic they contained. The resort was absolutely fabulous. I know I said it a few times but those loungers were out of this world marvelous. I wish I had spent more time relaxing by the pool. But above everything the best parts of the vacation were spending time with Alison and Alicia. I wish I had more time with both of them and hopefully on future trips we can make that happen.

For anybody who’s been to WDW and is on the fence about DL/DCA, GO! They are totally different and equally as wonderful. Both parks have a totally different atmosphere and different things to offer. You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you all for joining me on this adventure, it was so nice to relive it and share it with you.

My next trip is now in less than three weeks to the new Villas at the Grand Floridian. I’m not sure I’ll do a full TR for that, but I will post pictures.

What a wonderful report Pam. Love seeing Disneyland/DCA through newer eyes. :goodvibes

I'm sorry you got stuck in a row with a stinky fella. :crazy2: I can't sleep on planes either.

I think Starbuck's food isn't all that good. Love their drinks but not their food. I've decided I'm a pastry snob. :rotfl:

Glad you were able to enjoy some wonderful meets and have new 3D friends. :thumbsup2 So awesome.

Thanks for sharing the trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. I am sorry that the flight was not too good between those two inconsiderate people. I am so looking forward to meeting you on your next trip.

Corinna

Thanks for a great report, Pam. I hope you'll post a link to your next one. I'm curious to see what the VGF look like.

That's a shame about the people around you in the plane. It's one of those things that I hate to think about but know that there will be random strangers sitting next to or near me that I have to let into my personal space on a plane.

Have a great trip to WDW. I'm truly envious.

Sounds like great fun! What did you make?

I made a couple bottles of wine open and my friends brought Champagne. We were having dinner at 8:45, so everyone was saving their appetites.

Isn't that amazing! How can it be an accurate tune from the phone? These things boggle my mind.

It has a monitor on the app that shows if your pitch is high or low, sort of a needle that wobbles like a speedometer on an old car from the sixties.

All kinds of music, it was quite a spread. They are all very talented musicians. Hopefully she jumps in to tell us what kind it was.

The Concert was called "Around the World in 80 Gays"

Around the World in 80 measures arr Leonard Orcino
Stars & stripes Forever John Phillip Sousa
In a Persian Market Albert Ketelbey
Miss Saigon by Claude Michek Schonberg, arr. Jay Bocook
Irish Tune fromCounty Derry arr Grainger
The Blue & the Gray arr Clare Grundman
Amparito Roca by Jaime Texidor

Intermission

Highland Cathedral arr. Ian Peaples, Suzie Snell - Bagpipes
Variations on a Korean Folk song by James Barnes Chance
Ritual Fire dance by Manuel DeFalla arr jay bocook
Symphony #9 from the New World by Antonin Dvorak arr. Lindsey Harnsberger
America the Beautiful, Music by Samuel Augustus Ward. arr. Carmen Dragon

What a wonderful report Pam. Love seeing Disneyland/DCA through newer eyes. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading Jenny :goodvibes

I can't wait until I can plan another trip, I totally fell in love with DL.

I'm sorry you got stuck in a row with a stinky fella. :crazy2: I can't sleep on planes either.

It was terrible! The stench would waft over to me. I tried covering my mouth and nose with my sweatshirt to no avail :(

Mom goes out like a light, I've never been able to sleep, even on super long flights. It's so frustrating.

I think Starbuck's food isn't all that good. Love their drinks but not their food. I've decided I'm a pastry snob. :rotfl:

The sad thing about pastries is they can look so deceiving. They can look mouthwateringly good and then fall so flat! Some of the ones on the ship are like that, be careful.

Glad you were able to enjoy some wonderful meets and have new 3D friends. :thumbsup2 So awesome.

It was such fun seeing 2D friends in 3D, absolutely the best part of the vacation.

Thanks for sharing the trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. I am sorry that the flight was not too good between those two inconsiderate people. I am so looking forward to meeting you on your next trip.

Corinna

Thanks so much for reading Corinna :goodvibes

Me too! I'm so glad it worked out, we're going to have a fabulous afternoon :) I guess we haven't talked about this but I hope you want to sit with us for the CP?

Thanks so much for reading Corinna :goodvibes

Me too! I'm so glad it worked out, we're going to have a fabulous afternoon :) I guess we haven't talked about this but I hope you want to sit with us for the CP?

Yes, I definitely want to sit with the two of you for the CP. I am so happy that I get to share it with somebody this year.

Corinna

Thanks for a great report, Pam. I hope you'll post a link to your next one. I'm curious to see what the VGF look like.

Thanks so much for reading along:goodvibes

I'll definitely post a link, not sure if I'll do a full TR but I'll definitely post my photos.

That's a shame about the people around you in the plane. It's one of those things that I hate to think about but know that there will be random strangers sitting next to or near me that I have to let into my personal space on a plane.

The guy in front that kept jumping on his chair drove me crazy, I couldnt understand what he didn't understand, the chair wasn't going back any farther! Most flights in my life have been good but in the last year I've had a few unpleasant ones...

Have a great trip to WDW. I'm truly envious.

Thank you! I'm really excited, won't really believe it until I'm in the plane :)

Yes, I definitely want to sit with the two of you for the CP. I am so happy that I get to share it with somebody this year.

Corinna

Excellent :) I suddenly realized today that we hadn't talked about that, wanted to make sure we were on the same page :)

I made a couple bottles of wine open and my friends brought Champagne. We were having dinner at 8:45, so everyone was saving their appetites.

:rotfl: I'm glad you had a great time!

It has a monitor on the app that shows if your pitch is high or low, sort of a needle that wobbles like a speedometer on an old car from the sixties.

It's amazing that it works.

The Concert was called "Around the World in 80 Gays"

Around the World in 80 measures arr Leonard Orcino
Stars & stripes Forever John Phillip Sousa
In a Persian Market Albert Ketelbey
Miss Saigon by Claude Michek Schonberg, arr. Jay Bocook
Irish Tune fromCounty Derry arr Grainger
The Blue & the Gray arr Clare Grundman
Amparito Roca by Jaime Texidor

Intermission

Highland Cathedral arr. Ian Peaples, Suzie Snell - Bagpipes
Variations on a Korean Folk song by James Barnes Chance
Ritual Fire dance by Manuel DeFalla arr jay bocook
Symphony #9 from the New World by Antonin Dvorak arr. Lindsey Harnsberger
America the Beautiful, Music by Samuel Augustus Ward. arr. Carmen Dragon

It was fabulous! What did you play at DCA?

Great report! Sorry you stuck next to stinky guy and rude guy in front of you.

Jill in CO

Glad your morning went so smoothly. Your Southwest strategy is smart. It is a shame that the gentleman who shared your row could not shower before being closed off in such quarters. The only thing worse than that is being stuck seated next to someone wearing too much cologne/perfume. I get so light headed with scents and had to deal with that once on a flight. The seats were assigned (Delta), so I could not move.

I am so sad this TR is over! Bravo ...encore! We demand you back on stage!

I think loungers do make a differences to your vacation. I never forgot the one's at The Atlantis on the Bahamas where Jo and I stayed one year. Lovely!

How awful re that man's body odour. In this day and age of cheap products and plenty of running water I can't understand it. Through all my ill days there has never been a time I have skipped a shower. Even if it meant somebody carrying me. I don't see that as loosing my dignity I see being dirty as lowering my standards more!

Thanks Alison for posting the concert song list love the line up! Some of my favourites there. Miss Saigon and the Irish themes. Must have been ear candy!

Well DL did not disappoint and what memories you have to hold forever. Strawberry shake and fries! Is there no better way to end this trip?

Take a bow. And march on to GF December 2013! :-)

Glad your morning went so smoothly. Your Southwest strategy is smart. It is a shame that the gentleman who shared your row could not shower before being closed off in such quarters. The only thing worse than that is being stuck seated next to someone wearing too much cologne/perfume. I get so light headed with scents and had to deal with that once on a flight. The seats were assigned (Delta), so I could not move.

My strategy backfired this time around :rotfl: usually it works wonderfully.

Oh no, the cologne/perfume is awful too! That makes me nauseous. Sorry that happened :(

I am so sad this TR is over! Bravo ...encore! We demand you back on stage!

I think loungers do make a differences to your vacation. I never forgot the one's at The Atlantis on the Bahamas where Jo and I stayed one year. Lovely!

How awful re that man's body odour. In this day and age of cheap products and plenty of running water I can't understand it. Through all my ill days there has never been a time I have skipped a shower. Even if it meant somebody carrying me. I don't see that as loosing my dignity I see being dirty as lowering my standards more!

Thanks Alison for posting the concert song list love the line up! Some of my favourites there. Miss Saigon and the Irish themes. Must have been ear candy!

Well DL did not disappoint and what memories you have to hold forever. Strawberry shake and fries! Is there no better way to end this trip?

Take a bow. And march on to GF December 2013! :-)

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and thanks so much for reading :goodvibes

I think some people just get used to their own BO it doesn't even register. I have to shower in the morning or I'm grouchy the rest of the day, and most days take an evening one as well, helps me sleep better.

Ooohhhh, Atlantis! Did you go to the waterpark?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter