First time in the World, but not our last!

spiritsim

DIS Veteran
OK well better late than never I guess,

Our First trip to the World, but not the last!

Some background info: My name is Trish (Patrica) I grew up going to Disneyland from the time I was six, 1963. I grew up in Las Vegas and had
an uncle who was a fire chief in Anaheim, California. Who we visited several times a year.I went into the Air Force in 1979 so I left Vegas and
alas Disney. I did take my kid's a couple times once in 1991 and again in 1992We traveled the world, even went to Paris, but didn't make it to disney, as that was a school trip with my daughters class, and I wasn't in charge,lol. My daughter Raina took her husband to DL, not sure when she will have
to tell you about that trip. My husband, Frank had never been to any disney park. So Raina and I were talking on facebook and I said I wanted to go to Disney World for the first time. She said she did too but her hubby didn't care for DL (I know, What Who Doesn't Like Disney.) So I said we should go together and the guys could go or stay at home their choice! Then came the planning, 2 years, yes that's right 2 years of planning and we finnaly got to go in sept 2014!!!!

So who is going? Or rather who went!

Myself and husband Frank

My daughter Raina and hubby Greg Thrower!

And my two beautiful granddaughters Audrey and Evalyn Thrower! Ok dotting grandma here what can I say?

If you read our pretrip report you know we changed things several times, shoot we changed up to a week before we left!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097

But this was our plan:

Tue sept 23 drive to WDW leaving late afternoon and arriving at AOA Car Suite for the first night.
Room only, then head to Coronado Springs for the rest of our trip in 2 business class rooms bld 9B.
The girld were to stay in our room to give Raina and Greg a break. And they were on our free dining plan.

The night of the 24th after getting settled in our rooms we would head to HDDR for dinner and possibly
to the campfire after dinner to see chip and dale.

The 25th first park day would be at MK
FPs were peter pan, enchanted tales with Belle and Rupunzel/Cinderella meet and greet.
We also had reservations for the Harmony Barber Shop for the girls, followed by lunch at BOG/fp and Happy
ever after dinner at the GF

the 26th AK
FPs were Kilamanjaro Safari,Lion King and Kali River rapids.
Breakfast at Tusker House, lunch at Flame tree if anyone was hungry and Dinner at Ohanas

The 27th Back at MK/HS
FPs were Buzzlightyear,Space mnt and Splash mnt
Breakfast at CP before r/dAfternoon tea at GF and then we planned on going to HS for char palooza and to
have a Dismeet with Terri Walk.Also Dapper Dan Day!

The 28th Typhoon Lagoon
we plannedto go to FQ for beibnets for breakfast and then lunch at Tyhpoon Tillies and then dinner at
Fultons Crabhouse for our aniversary of 9 yrs

The 29th Epcot
FPs were Test track, seas with nemo and turtle talk
Breakfast at Akershus before r/d, lunch snacks at F&W and dinner at Teppen Edo

The 30th Blizzard Beach
Breakfast at BC lounge, lunch Lottawatta Lodge and dinner we left open we thought we would check out
the boardwalk.

Oct 1st MK/Epcot
FPs Haunted Mansion, 7DMT and Anna and Elsa M&G
Breakfast at sleepy hollow,change to Epcot after M&G snacks at F&W for lunch and dinner

Oct 2nd Rest day and MNSSHP
Breakfast at Capt Cooks, Poly maybe mini golf and then to resort for a nap/rest lunch?
Be at MK by 4 for MNSSHP Dinner at BOG 4:55 then party time!!

Oct 3rd HS
FPs Toy Story, Indianna Jones and Star Tours, Fantasmic
Breakfast BC lounge, lunch starring rolls and Dinner ABC commisary

Oct 4 Last Park Day AK/MK
catch anything we missed at AK then head to MK for Pirate Day
FPs Pirates, Jungle cruise and Tink M&G
we also had reservations for pirate league for the girls
Breakfast BC lounge, lunch Columbia Harbor House and Dinner ?

Oct 5 check out
Packup, head out
Breakfast at Ohannas, lunch DTD Wolfgang puck
Then head home,boo

We left for Raina's a week before Disney, Ok I was a little excited! Also Raina needed some help finishing up last min craft projects. So naturally I volunteered to come early and help!
Those days blurred together, but I did finish several projects and we repacked my stuff as you know she brought some totes from my house a year ago so we needed to go through them and take out duplicate items. Also our plans had changed so I needed to redo the tinkerbell gift letters and repack those Tink gifts...lol Just a couple days before we left for Disney we found out Raina's husband had a class he had to attend at 6pm on the night we were supposed to be at AOA! Oh no well nothing we could do but change our plans and drop AOA.
Well leave at like 10pm so drove over night to WDW , but we will do AOA another time! We all piled in the van with the van with the guys up front Raina and I in the middle seats and the girls in the back. The van was packed we even had a trailer extention on back!

So after an all night drive we arrived at CSR around 8:30am and went to check in.

Well our rooms were not ready they took our cell numbers and said we will text you when they are ready it will be an hour or 2. So we went to the digsite pool,

no biggy. We had Dinner reservations for HDDR at 4:00 so at 2:30 we got out of the pool and changed to our evening outfits. Red, white and blue for our dinner res. Went to the lobby to check on our rooms, nope not ready it will be 1 to 2 more hrs. So we took the bus to MK and then the boat to WL area. We were hungry and tired after our long night and day and then swimming and busses ,well you get it we are tired. But HDDR was wonderful!

The food was wonderful and because I have food allergies the chief came out and went over what I could eat. They made me special foods without any dairy and the best roll I had the whole trip also a special dessert because I couldn't have the strawberry short cake. No worries I had a special vertion just for me.

I can not explain how good this was but yum yum!!!We decided we were all too tired to go to the campfire tonight so back to CSR.

We arrive at CSR after 3 busses as the first driver gave us wrong info and we went in a big circle around WL back to where we started. Ok the guys have now been up for 36hrs.
So yes I was a little upset when I went back in to find still no room and now we were told they lost our reservation and had to go back in to find it, really I paid it off 6 months ago how could you lose it! Never did get that text on either my phone or Raina's? What is up people. Ok I had requested connecting or ajoing rooms. And did 60 day check in. Our rooms they finally gave us were 6 doors away and around a corner from each other. I was not a happy camper any more! I explained my 2 young granddaughters were in our room but would be going back and forth between the rooms to see their parents. (sorry all the rooms were assigned earlier and this is all that's left perhaps we can switch you in a few days when there are openings) really we have been here all day way before you gave away all the rooms. (well nothing we can do tonight,) grrrr ok but I am not happy and why can't they put Raina and Greg in the empty room next to me? (well that room is already assigned to some one coming in later tonight.) Really and why can't they have the room Raina and Greg are in? (We can't do that) Grrrrok not happy but will deal with it tomorrow !

Well the girls stayed the night with Raina and Greg by the time we got the luggage in the rooms and settled it was way late and they had crashed. :angel:
I got up early as MK has extra magic hrs this morning and we planned to be there. But when I texted Raina the girls were still sleeping so we
decided to just go at 9. Got Frank up and dressed and headed for the bus with Raina and the girls, Greg had decided to sleep in.

(I had some pics in the wrong order so correctedthem ,sorry)
We went to peter pan for our first FP. :thumbsup2 After we headed across to go on small world. Frank stayed on his cart and didn't think he could take it in so he waited for us. It was raining off and on and very crowded at MK. But we were in Disney!! :dance3: The girls were amazed by the castle :cheer2: and all the paintings and stuff. Next we hit a gift shop and the girls went crazy, wanted everything in site. LOL. I ran to the lady's room while they
shopped with their mom. They decided food was better than our enchanted tales FP so we got sleepy hollow funnel cakes and waffles, yummy. Greg
met us at the girls barber shop apt. Where we changed them into thier white princess dresses Evalyn had her first hair cut and Audrey had an apointment also but the barber shop was running behind and we had to hurry because we had a FP for Bog lunch. So Raina explained and they said to bring Audrey back before 6 and they would do her hair. So off we headed to BOG.

It was beautiful Inside! but I have to say with a party of 6 they don't asign seating at lunch so we wondered around from room to room looking for a table. By this time Frank was hungry and his sugar was dropping so he needed to eat.Finally we staked out a 6 top that was just leaving and asked the waiter to clean it off for us. Our food was ready and they had been waitting to serve us. So the food wasn't as hot as it should have been, but still good. I think they need to reserve the 6 tops for larger party's. There were several party's of 3 or 4 sitting at the big tables. This is why we had trouble finding a table. After lunch we did winnie the poo

and dumbo and dumbo got stuck they lowered it and had us get off for a min we waited in a special area, reset the ride and then we rode again. Next we headed to Rapunzel/Cinderella M&G FP. Rapunzel taught the girls to spin and Cinderella had to check out their dresses!

Did some more rides and wandered around, Took Audrey back to the barber shop. Audrey got a trim they put thier hair in pony tail and gave Raina bobby pins to put thier hair in buns. They aren't allowed to do it because of BBB. Raina had brought thier tiaras to wear. Much cheaper than BBB and just as cute, I think! Raina and I also got pixie dusted for free! Anyone can get this done at MK baber shop!Such fun! We rode the monerale to GF for dinner at 1900 Park Fair, happy ever after.

Loved the dinner, but Evalyn freaked out when she saw Prince Charming

kiss a little girl in the other room. She didn't want him to kiss her, so she hid under the table crying. Then she spotted Lady Tremane

and that was it! she didn't want that mean lady to come over to our table. We tried to explain she had to see the other kid's in our area, but she wasn't
having it. She had to be taken out of the room because by then she was screaming at the top of her lungs. The step sisters!

Who by the way were a hoot! Only made her worse so we decided to head out. Even though she didn't even get to see Cinerella.

By this time we were all tired and decided to just go back to our resort. Evey was so upset she wanted to stay with her mom and dad so again we had our room to ourselves.

Well I managed to lose my glasses, but didn't relize it until I went to put them on the next morning, so all the rest of the vacation I have on my sunglasses! Lucky thing I have my prescription sun glasses! But Frank will not let me forget I lost a six hundred dollar pair of glasses, let me think where did I have them last?

Trish, thanks for letting me know you started your TR. I'll be back later to catch up.

Friday sept 26th Animal Kingdom
Frank woke up sick as a dog and decided to go back to bed. I messeged Raina to let her know he wouldn't be comming this morning and found out
they were running behind. Well extra magic hrs were at 8 but we were not going to make that, or the 9am park opening. We had Tusker House
reservations at 9:40 but called and got them to move it back to around 10:20. So by the time the chief came to show me what I could have off
the buffet they were already starting to put lunch out. Raina and Greg started with breakfast but I went straight to lunch foods. OM so good,
I loved it! So sorry Frank didn't get to try it. When I got back to the table, Raina looked at my plate and said. I should have waited for
lunch! It was delish, I told her to go get some it was great! Then charicters started on thier rounds.

Evalyn decided the chariters were scarey after posing with Daisy so refused to do more untill her dad held her for Mickey! We missed our
kilamanjaro FP but headed over for our Lion King FP.

Frank called to let me know he was feeling better and on his way to the AK park. We would meet him by Tusker House because it was raining
and they had a awning he could park his scooter under. We tried on a couple hats on the way.

By the time we met Frank it had quit raining so we decided to take the girls to Dinoland while thier parents tried EE. The girls loved the
play area and it was fun playing with them there. When Raina and Greg came to get them we decided to split up. I knew Frank wasn't feeling
to well even if he told me he was so we decided to head back to the resort. Of course we got a few photos on the way out.

Jumped on the bus and headed to CSR to change aand rest before dinner at Ohana. I wanted to look around the Poly so Frank and I headed out early.
We shopped a little and checked out the construction. Then the family showed up and we met them downstairs and showed them how to get to Ohana's.
I was really looking forword to dinner, I had head such good things about it.

Ohana lived up to all the hype we loved it!
It was raining when we left Ohana's so we went back to the resort for some rest. The girls stayed in our room so Raina and Greg could have so alone time.

I didn't mention before but I had set out Tink gifts everyday to go with our plans. so MK day I gave them small world dolls, I wanted them to remember their first time on my favorite ride! aK day I gave the sensy animals to sleep with. Also I gave them things to keep them busy like bubbles and light up items and at Ohana's I got them drink cups that came with light up Tinks. Also Frank bought me a lanyard and a couple Tink pins because he felt bad he didn't go to breakfast with me.

Welcome Mo and Kathy glad you could find the page :goodvibes

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO Fun updates!!!

i adore the picture of the girls and the castle. By far my favorite! also the pic of you and Frank is super cute too!!!
The van looks like a rock star ride!!! nothing like riding in style! i think you sat in the very same spot we did at BOG!!! HA HA HA HA! was it next to the west wing?
I hope the dudes had a good night sleep. they deserved it!

and I really hope when you go back you get to stay in AOA! How did you like your resort?

Loving it so far!!! Looks like you had a great trip and a great (but exhausting) first day! The girls are adorable in all of their outfits! Soooo cute!

I just love your AK outfits too! How fun! You and Raina did a great job prepping for this trip!

I sure hope Frank was feeling better - Disney is so fun if you are sick.

Looks like you had a great meal at 'Ohana too!!! We love it there - but we prefer breakfast. :)

Looking forward to reading more. :)

D~

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO Fun updates!!!

i adore the picture of the girls and the castle. By far my favorite! also the pic of you and Frank is super cute too!!!
The van looks like a rock star ride!!! nothing like riding in style! i think you sat in the very same spot we did at BOG!!! HA HA HA HA! was it next to the west wing?
I hope the dudes had a good night sleep. they deserved it!

and I really hope when you go back you get to stay in AOA! How did you like your resort?

Yes right next to the west wing. We had so much trouble finding a table I scoped :cool1:out who was getting ready to leave and stood by the table, refusing to let anyone take it!

Loving it so far!!! Looks like you had a great trip and a great (but exhausting) first day! The girls are adorable in all of their outfits! Soooo cute!

I just love your AK outfits too! How fun! You and Raina did a great job prepping for this trip!

I sure hope Frank was feeling better - Disney is so fun if you are sick.

Looks like you had a great meal at 'Ohana too!!! We love it there - but we prefer breakfast. :)

Looking forward to reading more. :)

D~

Well we were not as tired as the guys, but I was very upset about the room I had to walk the girls to the corner and watch them until they got to their parents room. Scarey in this day and age to let them out of my sight!

Also on the first MK day I put the wrong pics in the top so I just changed them those pics were from day 3 as you will see....lol

Sat 27 sept MK Dapper Dan Day
Woke up early had ressy at CP before park opening. Everyone was up and dressed and headed out on time! We took the bus from stop 2 so we wouldn't
be late. Good idea as it didn't even stop at bus stop 1, because it was already full. Went to the special gate for early ADRs and got right in,
so we stopped for a few pics on our way.

We didn't wait for tigger he had been in the dining room and back out for break 3 times without comming to our area , so we gave up on him we
had been at CP for over 2.5 hrs. After CP we had FP for Splash,Buzz and Space mnt...But we decided against these, we wandered a bit and Grandpa bought the girls each a headband they had wanted, then we went back to the resort.
We had ressys at GF at 2pm, for Afternoon Tea but the guys didn'want to go. They thought it was to girly. So we changed and just the 4 girls went. We were running behind so we
caught a cab well worth it! When we arrived at GF we got the royal treatment, the doorman opened and held the door for us. :)

To be cont..............

Afternoon Tea At GF

Step through time to experience a traditional afternoon tea, served in grand British style.

Within the walls of the Garden View Tea Room at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa,
prepare to treat yourself to a rare and unforgettable event as you indulge in the relaxing ambience of an era long since passed.

Tour the globe as you sip from a collection of international teas, all the while indulging in a delightful selection of sandwiches,
cakes and other delicacies. Signature offerings include Princess Kate Tea, The Grand Tea, Prince Edward Tea and Buckingham Tea.
For children, Mrs. Potts Tea is also available.

We were seated at a round table next to the window. The one in this picture actually!:cool1:

The waitress came over welcoming us to tea. She placed our napkins in our laps and set out our teacups, showing us how to place the
strainer in our cup before we poured our tea. She pointed out the sugar cubes and explained loose sugar is not proper at tea.
Then she went through the menu with us and after we decided on our food choices, she helped us each choose a tea we would like.:thumbsup2

I ordered Princess Kate Tea - A Spring tea served with a classic dish of potted shrimp followed by a medley of cheeses, an array of seasonal
fruits, and cheddar cheese biscuits. A scone, jam tart, and a selection of delicate pastries is accompanied by a glass of Veuve Cliquot
champagne and your choice of tea.

I like orange peeko and also earl grey breakfast tea so she said she would bring one that was a combo of the two. It was delish!
I also do not care for champagne ,so she gave me an option of sparkling cider in place of it. Best cider I ever had!

Raina ordered The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches,
scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle
sparkling wine and your choice of tea. Iron Horse Cuvee Veuve Clicquot

I don't know what kind of tea she ordered but she loved it!:yay:

The girls had Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese,
peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries.
they had real tea in place of chocolate milk, They do live in the south after all, Evalyn had strawberry and Audrey had pepermint.
Audrey decided she didn't like her tea so helped Raina drink hers.:stir:

We each recieved our own tea pot with a tea cossey to keep it warm. I felt like a queen. I have lived in england but never had high tea!

Behind the tea cup you can see the red tea cossey with the gold printing on it! And for dessert, like we needed it we were served a
fruit compote with cream on it mango/pineapple for the adults and strawberry for the girls.

It was six courses of delectible treats, we were so stuffed we said we would be waddling out of there. :hug:
So we made our way back to our resort!

It was 5:30-6 by the time we made it to our rooms. I could have happily
collapsed and taken a nap but Frank had texed me several times wanting to know what was taking so long, He was starving! I laughed and explained
about our tea. He said oh I thought we would go to dinner. So I said well let me change and I will sit with you while you eat. So we walked to
the lobby area and he decided he didn't feel like the pepper market. I said well MK is open late tonight surely we can find something you want
to eat there. And we were off to MK, just the two of us. We decided to do a few rides while we were there. MK had extra Magic hrs so we had
untill 1am. We were going to try harbor house but it was closed when we got there so he decided on pinnacho's place also I wanted to catch
the tiki room as it was closing for reno but when we got there it had closed for the night,darn. We did small world, Belles tale, I did space mnt.
We did the people mover, pirates, arials grotto and under the sea we watched the electric parade. We saw the fire works went to Gastones to check it out!
We did alot of pin shopping. We went to country bears jamborie. And just had a great time at our pace.

We were tired by 12:30 so we decided to head out. Oh yea and Frank bought me glow with the show ears
,which I love and do not find them to heavy as some people have said they are! Ariel asked me if they were made out of glow fish , lol

All caught up.

Sorry for the fiasco at the resort. CSR is my favorite moderate and I hate hearing bad things about it.

Sorry the little one didn't like the characters. :(

I LOVE your outfits at the tea.

All caught up.

Sorry for the fiasco at the resort. CSR is my favorite moderate and I hate hearing bad things about it.

Sorry the little one didn't like the characters. :(

I LOVE your outfits at the tea.

Yea I was so excited to go to CSR but wasn't a happy camper with them.
It is a beautiful resort but I think the lady that checked us in needed more training. Not only were are phones never entered into the system, but our magicbands had to be reset our first park day. They worked for our rooms but not for the lounge or the laundry room.

Evalyn got better about characters I think she was surprised at how large they are in person. And you can't blaim her for the Cinderella disaster after all in the Cinderella movie Lady Tramain and the stepsisters are the bad guys or girls,lol

Sunday 28 sept Typhoon Lagoon

Well Frank didn't want to go, he has trouble stepping down like into a pool and didn't want to try it.
I didn't feel right leaving him alone all day, after all it's his vacation too so I let Raina know we
wouldn't be going with them. We had fun and more tickets so I thought we should do DTD and check out
Disneyquest. After all it was free for us, so that's what we did. It was extreamly hot and there isn't
alot of shade in DTD so I thought I was sweltering. We looked in the shops as we headed for DQ and air
conditioning, lol.We spent all day there and had a great time.

We had to go back to the resort and change we were so sweaty, and we had dinner reservations at Fultons for our anniversary. So after we rested a bit we got showers and put on our evening outfits and headed back to DTD. When the family finally got there we met them at the bus stop and walked back to Fultons with them stopping at a few shops on the way.

I have to say I was disappointed with this dinner I picked it for our anniversary because I love sea food , but not very good food there. I think it's the only restaurant I didn't care for!

Yea I was so excited to go to CSR but wasn't a happy camper with them.
It is a beautiful resort but I think the lady that checked us in needed more training. Not only were are phones never entered into the system, but our magicbands had to be reset our first park day. They worked for our rooms but not for the lounge or the laundry room.

This happened to us at Old Key West twice...never got a text and also at the Beach Club.

Evalyn got better about characters I think she was surprised at how large they are in person. And you can't blaim her for the Cinderella disaster after all in the Cinderella movie Lady Tramain and the stepsisters are the bad guys or girls,lol

Yes, I guess you are right.

Mon sept 29 Epcot
Breakfast before r/d Akershus
FP Test track, seas with nemo and turtle talk

Got up early and got dressed Raina, Evy was still sleeping and Audrey didn't feel like going. Ok bummer as this was the princess breakfast.
But Frank and I decided we would go by ourselves then. By the time we got to the bus stop ,Audrey had changed her mind I told Raina she better
hurry or they would miss the bus. Which they did but the jumped in a taxi and arived at the same time we did. :) We jumped in the early ADR
line, Glad our ressys weren't any earlyer as they made everyone wait until just before 8 to let us in.

Since we had never been we decided to follow
the others and let them show us how to get there! Which worked out great!

Made it at last!

Sleeping Beauty was the bomb! She noticed our anniversary buttons and insisted on a pic with us too! She was so sweet and didn't rush past like some of the other princesses.
The food was fantastic you help yourself to side dishes from the buffet and they bring a tray of eggs,bacon and sausage?potatoes I think to your table.
With my food allergies the chief walked me around the buffet let me know what I could eat, and then brought me a separate tray of eggs, without milk, bacon oven baked not fried (and delish) special sausage and special bread. My favorite breakfast, not counting TH as I ate lunch stuff there, :rotfl2:

After we ate we headed to Fast track for our first FP. The closer we got the more wild eyed Audrey got. She said it was to loud and looking up and the cars going around the track was scaring her. We had to enter through the exit because of Franks scooter. So by the time we got there, Audrey didn't want to ride. The CM let her stand with him while the three of us rode! :love:

We played in the area for awhile and Greg called to say him and Evalyn were up. So Raina decided her and Audrey should go back and change and bring them back with them. We decided to stay and catch the other 2 FPs. The seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk.

Then we headed to check out inovations and to meet back up with the family.

to be cont.......

I left off as we headed back to inovations .....

Raina and Greg had been a little busy on there way to meet us! But we met them at the Piggy Bank thing.:confused3

of course they got on TT too. :banana:

After a fun day we had resservations at Teppan Edo so good! For some reason I don't have any pics from dinner?
Lost somewhere any hoo, we got out just in time for the fireworks!!!

Park was closing so time to head home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter