First Solo Trip - Is More Than 10 Days Too Much?

Kirk

AKA Papa
That was a trick question! :)

I will be closing on my home the end of this month and my new place won't be ready for nearly a month. So I have a bunch of time to kill. I can't think of a better place to do it!

I also have a bunch of DVC points I need to use or bank. But on short notice I found it a challenge to book a vacation in one of my preferred resorts. I ended up with a nice Split Stay:

5 nights in a 1 bedroom villa at The Boardwalk (points)
3 nights in a king bed at The Wilderness Lodge (cash)
3 nights in a 1 bedroom villa at The Boardwalk (points)

I have a 10 day park hopper but will have a couple days to burn doing something else. What would you do with the couple days? Water Park? Chill by the pool? Shop at Disney Springs? Go outside WDW for something Non-Disney?

For me, as a baseball fan, I'd hit up Tampa for a Rays game if there's one going on that works for you.

Head over to Cocoa beach or Nasa.

UCF football game

Chill in the resort lobby or pool area and people watch, hitting up beaches and cream for ice cream in the afternoon.

Ride the free transportation to do different things or skyliner to DHS, then bus to Disney Springs. Take bus back to DHS and boat back to boardwalk.

I would go to a water park, preferably Typhoon Lagoon. Or, I would head over to Universal for a day. you could also sleep in one day, then take the bus to MK and do the monorail loop, provided it is up and running, and visit Contemporary, Poly and GF. Have a drink and lunch at one of them. Or, just sleep in and have a resort day. You could always head to DS as well.

I would plan pool/water park rest days...although if I’m honest...I’d probably just keep heading back into the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter