First RCI cruise booked....beverage questions....

We had a great cruise on Allure and did not buy a drink package. DH and I don't drink soda. We brought some on board (Royal allows you to bring some beverages) for the kids but did just fine with the included beverages.

We did order a beer one night and just added it to our bill--I think our alcohol bill was $20. I also had a Starbucks gift card and got a few specialty coffees with the card, which was nice. The continental breakfast with room service has no fee (although the full breakfast or ordering for lunch or dinner was a fee of $7.95 each time), so we often had coffee on the balcony most days.

This is interesting. I just booked a European cruise on Odyssey for next Summer. I'm traveling with my 17 year-old who will turn 18 before the cruise. Since the drinking age in Europe is 18 they want me purchase the package for him. He does not drink nor does he like alcohol. I'm not against an18 year old having a drink or too, but who in their right mind would buy an 18 year-old fresh out of of high school an unlimited drink package. Hopefully, I don't see a lot of drunk teens on this cruise. Kids that age haven't built up a tolerance for alcohol.

I'm going to call Royal and try to get an exemption, but I don't want to buy the refreshment package. He only drinks water. I'm used to bringing on my own beer and wine on DCL and buy very little onboard. I'm not a huge drinker, but I do like my beer, wine ,lattes and bottled water. I'm not sure I'd get my money worth out of the drink package, but I'd like the option if they have a good sale on the drink packages.
We are on the Greek Isle trip on the Odyssey leaving June 18th. My daughter will only be 16 but I am having a lot of internal debate about whether it will be worth it to buy the Deluxe on such a port intensive cruise.

We are on the Greek Isle trip on the Odyssey leaving June 18th. My daughter will only be 16 but I am having a lot of internal debate about whether it will be worth it to buy the Deluxe on such a port intensive cruise.
I’ve read they have some good Black Friday deals on drink and dining packages so I’m going to wait and see. It’s only worth it if you get a good discount on it. At full price you’d really have to drink a lot. I noticed with the dining packages you get 40% off a bottle of wine. That’s a pretty good savings. I assume you can take what you don’t drink back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter