• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Them are some darn good pictures, thanks SOOO much for sharing. I told my wife we don't take enough pictures. Now that the kids are older, we will have more time to take pictures and share with everyone.

Them are some darn good pictures, thanks SOOO much for sharing. I told my wife we don't take enough pictures. Now that the kids are older, we will have more time to take pictures and share with everyone.

I took all that I did take with our 9 yr old nephew in tow. I could stop and take whatever, either they waited or I would catch up to them.

Bama Ed, I rode it while it was Alien Encounter and was not kid friendly, but even now, still not the friendliest ride in WDW. had families taking 3 year olds in who when the lights went out were screaming to leave. Would be nice to see them come up with something creative for this space. My nephew wanted to ride, so we went for his sake, otherwise probably wouldn't have gone.

I'll give you an "Amen" on the Alien Encounter. That ride was a one and done ride for us.

Great stuff. The fireworks pics came out really well. Many won't focus or they over expose. You have some really nice ones.

j

Great stuff. The fireworks pics came out really well. Many won't focus or they over expose. You have some really nice ones.

j

The biggest trick to taking fireworks pictures is the use of a Neutral Density filter. It does make it hard to guess where you should be aimed though. Usually compose my shot then add the filter after. Then you have to be careful not to underexpose them is all.

We went to Discovery Island many times and it was like a steamy jungle in there during the summer. It was very interesting though - had bird show, etc. There was a little souvenir and snack shop there also.

Even though there were lots of trees, they were not as huge as now. Those big ole white birds (not sure what they were) would nest there and there was 'bird poo' on the walks which they tried to wash off. Every morning you would hear them fire shotguns (I think) to scare the birds away from the island so they could open to guests.

They sold 'combo' tickets for there, and River Country - we, and our two children, loved both - sad to see both closed. Ah, the progression of Disney!!!

I love your pictures!!! DS can't stand the Stitch ride either and he likes to tell everyone how horrible it is. When we were on the People Mover, the Stitch line was out the door. He yelled down to those waiting, "Don't do it!" :)

Some more pictures of our trip will follow, currently getting errors on uploading pics from the site. Will try back in a bit. Tried again, and again and so far no luck. Also tried to upload to the photography board, and nothing. Not sure what happened, but will keep at it. No still can't add pictures, maybe by tomorrow. I know it was brought up on the tech board. So just waiting. Maybe process some more and have them ready to go. Even tried to upload thru photobucket like we used to do and nothing. Here is to hoping to a quick fix.

Last edited:
What kind of camera did you use? Your pictures are beautiful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter