• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Well we did have a good day for travel after a morning fiasco. Woke up hooked up the trailer and did a brake check and nothing, what ?? Nothing, recheck, Nothing. Finally look and when we arrived last week the 7 round wire had fallen rubbed the ground and tore up all the wires. Off to Walmart for wire at 5am, spliced and taped and 90 minutes later on the road home. Well that is gonna need to be replaced, yuck. Nice and sunny all the way here to North Carolina, cooling off as the sun sets. Back to the snow and cold tomorrow.

See this is what scares me about camping...lol. You gotta be at least somewhat handy and we are so...not :) If something like that happened to us we would be stranded until someone who knows what they are doing came to help us...and we'd probably have to pay said person hundreds of dollars....sigh. You handled it so quickly and efficiently and were on your way and it didn't even seem to cause a huge inconvenience! Kudos to being an experienced camper :) I loved your report.

Great trip report and loved the pictures. I am glad you made it home safetly. I hear you on the 7 pins, on the 5th wheel I have had few issues since I have an in bed plug. My car trailer on the other hand, I think I am on my 3rd or 4th cord. Once was my fault but it seems every time someone borrows it comes back with the cord damaged.

Great trip report and loved the pictures. I am glad you made it home safetly. I hear you on the 7 pins, on the 5th wheel I have had few issues since I have an in bed plug. My car trailer on the other hand, I think I am on my 3rd or 4th cord. Once was my fault but it seems every time someone borrows it comes back with the cord damaged.

I kept checking on it during the trip down and it was ok, never seemed to be hanging and touching the ground, would tuck it back in by the propane tanks, probably fell out in the bouncy stretch of construction around Orlando. Note to self bungee it up and out of the way, and check upon arrival. Have to order a new one and swap them out. If the snow ever melts.

See this is what scares me about camping...lol. You gotta be at least somewhat handy and we are so...not
But it's also one of the best things about camping. We are a friendly and resourceful lot. If it was obvious you were struggling, there is usually someone there offering to help pretty quickly. I didn't really feel that the only time I stayed at a WDW resort (SSR) and certainly not anywhere outside WDW.

You want to really see us come out of the wood work (trees), have a little trouble backing into a site. Now most of us just come by to enjoy the show, a few others will get out of their lawn chair and actually offer some help. :rotfl2:

j

_MG_3521 (800x533).jpg
We were fishing today.

_MG_3527 (800x533).jpg
A little dancing.

_MG_3533 (800x533).jpg
Quiet Review

_MG_3581 (800x533).jpg
Rope Drop.

_MG_3652 (800x533).jpg
Waiting in line.

_MG_3655 (800x533).jpg
Later in line.

_MG_3715 (800x533).jpg
To infinity....

_MG_3727 (800x533).jpg
Has anyone seen 626 ?? Oh wait, there he is.

I have to tell you I really love your new avatar. I have a soft spot in my heart for Nana, because I have one of my own. We call ours Daisy and here she is sitting around the campfire with our little one.

I lost mine about a year ago. Still have a 13 y/o Shepard and a 3 y/o mini pincher mix. All were rescues. When the Shepard goes, maybe another St. Bernard will be in order.

See this is what scares me about camping...lol. You gotta be at least somewhat handy and we are so...not :) If something like that happened to us we would be stranded until someone who knows what they are doing came to help us...and we'd probably have to pay said person hundreds of dollars....sigh. You handled it so quickly and efficiently and were on your way and it didn't even seem to cause a huge inconvenience! Kudos to being an experienced camper :) I loved your report.
Thats the great thing about the camping community. Unlike others, we will always do what we can to help each other and we all try to learn from each other. Never be afraid to ask for advice, we'd rather take time to talk you through it, than here about how you were sidetracked for 3 hours because of this or that.

But it's also one of the best things about camping. We are a friendly and resourceful lot. If it was obvious you were struggling, there is usually someone there offering to help pretty quickly. I didn't really feel that the only time I stayed at a WDW resort (SSR) and certainly not anywhere outside WDW.

You want to really see us come out of the wood work (trees), have a little trouble backing into a site. Now most of us just come by to enjoy the show, a few others will get out of their lawn chair and actually offer some help. :rotfl2:

j
Rest assured, we will stop ya though before ya hit the tree (actually had to do it once). And oh boy, if you see ya walking around with instructions or a manual for something, we'll be bringing some beer. LOL

Glad you made it home safe. You did a good job on the report and we appreciate the pictures you share.

Glad to know the snow is right where you left it and not down here in the south.

I lost mine about a year ago. Still have a 13 y/o Shepard and a 3 y/o mini pincher mix. All were rescues. When the Shepard goes, maybe another St. Bernard will be in order.

They really manage to steal your heart don't they? I'm not sure I'll ever have another saint, it would be too much like her and not be her. She turns 8 next week and already having hip trouble.

Round three

_mg_5520-533x800-jpg.82142

Chris, my family reached a consensus years ago that Stitch's Great Escape (or whatever they call it now) has to be the WORST theme park ride/attraction at WDW. It might resonate with some folks but we were unanimous in that.

Bama Ed

Chris, my family reached a consensus years ago that Stitch's Great Escape (or whatever they call it now) has to be the WORST theme park ride/attraction at WDW. It might resonate with some folks but we were unanimous in that.

Bama Ed

Bama Ed, I rode it while it was Alien Encounter and was not kid friendly, but even now, still not the friendliest ride in WDW. had families taking 3 year olds in who when the lights went out were screaming to leave. Would be nice to see them come up with something creative for this space. My nephew wanted to ride, so we went for his sake, otherwise probably wouldn't have gone.

Last edited:
:offtopic:
Don't want to go off topic, but my family agreed after first visit that Captain Eo was the worst thing on property. My daughter said the buses were more fun.

Now, back to some more great pics...

Bama Ed, I rode it while it was Alien Encounter and was not kid friendly, but even now, still not the friendliest ride in WDW. had families taking 3 year olds in who when the lights went out were screaming to leave. Would be nice to see them come up with something creative for this space. My nephew wanted to ride, so we went for his sake, otherwise probably wouldn't have gone.

Well, PaHunter, IMO Alien Encounter was SCARY! It wasn't Disney-sweet and we're not talking the 7 Dwarves in a dark mine. I'm a big 'fraidy cat anyway and HATE scary movies. So it probably WAS too intense for youngsters (and I would have been right there screaming for my mommy with 'em).

Tiggerdad, EO has been around EPCOT for decades and last year when the kids went on spring break they saw it for the first time. All they know about MJ is that Thriller is cool, his nose collapsed late in life, and he died from drugs. But I try to tell them back in the day (my day), for many years MJ WAS pop music.

PaHunter, your picture of the India Jones Stunt spectacular (plane wing with fire explosion behind it) reminds me of the time I got selected during the pre-show rah rah to have a role in the market scene. So me and several others were taken "backstage" before the start to prepare. My kids were in awe and so impressed. At the beginning of the show when Indy bursts down from the ceiling on the rope, grabs the golden idol, and the boulder chases him down the hill, my wife says my boys were so excited and talking between them in their seats because they thought that was ME on the rope/with the idol/running from the boulder. I did my bit in the market scene, found them after show, and had to tell them the truth.

But I was "Indy Cool" for about 20 minutes in their little minds.

Bama Ed

PS - enjoying the pictures, Chris. Please post more if you got 'em.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter