Fireworks and WoC on same night?

carouselDL

Earning My Ears
I feel like it should be possible to watch Mickey's Mix Magic from Main Street at 9:30 and cross over to DCA before it closes at 10 to see the 10:15 WoC, but is this too ambitious? Any recommendations for viewing spots for either?

I've tried to go the other way (from earlier WOC show) and kind of made it, but very rushed and basically just walking down main street during the second part of Mickey's Mix Magic. Not sure if you'd get a spot for WOC, but being the later show maybe??

You're going to feel rushed. After the fireworks, there's a mass exodus, and all those kids (and the parents carrying them) are tired, so everyone is pretty much shuffling down Main Street. When you've got places to go, that shuffling will be frustrating/annoying/aggravating if you're anything like me, lol.

And then you get to WOC, and have to find a good viewing spot. I'm a shorty, so not every viewing spot works for me....

I tried it once and gave up when I couldn't find a good viewing.

Returning to this thread to report that this is very doable (at least for a solo, able-bodied adult)!
9:20: found somewhere by the flagpole to watch Mickey's Mix Magic
9:30-9:40: watched the show
9:50: swiped into DCA
9:55: jumped on Little Mermaid because why not
10:00: was let into the WoC blue viewing area despite not having a virtual queue, found a place by the railing right above the dessert party :)

Returning to this thread to report that this is very doable (at least for a solo, able-bodied adult)!
10:00: was let into the WoC blue viewing area despite not having a virtual queue, found a place by the railing right above the dessert party :)
Impressive!

When I’m moving around the parks solo it’s soooo easy, like a ninja

When I’m with my family it’s slothville U.S.A.

That's great! How were the crowds the night you were there? It sounds like they didn't slow you down getting into DCA at all.

That's great! How were the crowds the night you were there? It sounds like they didn't slow you down getting into DCA at all.
It was a Sunday night, so I'm sure it would have been harder on a Friday or Saturday! I didn't think the crowds were bad leaving DL, especially since most people were going the same way. DCA was a bit hairy with so many people leaving, but I'm a good dodger lol

I've done this more times than I can count. If you don't know your way around the park, it's best to watch the fireworks from near the flagpole or at least the part of main street closer to the entrance. If you know how to get to the "secret" walkways with the attraction posters without a map, you can make it from the hub.

For reference, the other way with WOC before fireworks will not work. You may not even be out of DCA before the fireworks start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter