Find Your Own "Directive" - the February Weight Loss / Life Style Change Challenge

Question of the Day - February 1
giphy.gif

Every Journey Begins With a Single Step

Today begins the first step towards your new self. Each month brings new opportunity - and so we climb out of our
proverbial floaty chairs and embrace what is ahead of us with both feet firmly planted on the ground.

What is your goal for the month? How will you achieve your goal?
Are there items that could interfere with your goal? How will you rise above this challenge?

Goal for February will be another 3 pounds which will bring mesolidly under my maintenance number for the first time in several months!

I will achieve my goal by STAYING ON TRACK on the dreaded weekends (which is the time when I can let things slip if I'm not careful), weighing/measuring/tracking every bite (even the splurges) and getting back to some sort of regular exercise routine (this is definitely the biggest struggle for me).

Interfering in my goals is first and foremost.... ME! And of course my lack of exercise and some "vacation"-style eating that could creep into my Valentine's weekend as well as my school vacation week at the end of the month. I'll think about HOW I'm going to combat this and get back to you all! Probably for planning a few OP treats (peanut butter mug cake anyone?) and moving a bit more!

WOOHOO for February!................P

Hi Everyone one @courtneybeth I am in again for this month..
giphy.gif

Today begins the first step towards your new self. Each month brings new opportunity - and so we climb out of our
proverbial floaty chairs and embrace what is ahead of us with both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Are there items that could interfere with your goal? How will you rise above this challenge?

My goal for the month will be 4lbs.. a loss of a pound a week seems doable.. I will achieve this by drinking at least 64oz of water per day, eating healthier and moving a little more by Hula Hooping 3 times a week for at least 30 mins .. I only have one birthday in Feb and Valentine's Day so I shouldn't have too much interference.

About me : I am 5 feet weigh about 175 have dark hair with a smattering of grey and brown eyes and I have type 2 diabetes - I don't like exercise so I mostly avoid it but I am breaking out my hula hoop ..I have a DD who is 22 and lives with her dad in the next town over from me, my DS is 19 and splits his time between both houses, I have a cat - Hunny girl who is a total lovebug and I have a Hubs who really is too good to me.. I live in Maine and we are still having some 50 degree days !!! I have a paper pusher type of job that suits me just fine, been here for 16 Yrs as of Dec 15th .. JOB = pays the bills and fun stuff, no career for me, no title just a plain ole job....

I am currently doing WW using the new SmartPoints..My DD and I go to the center every Sat am for WI (we've been having a competition each week to see who has lost the most - she won this week as she was sick and lost 3.8 but I was very happy with 2.2 which brought me to 6.1 total in 3 weeks!) I have gotten my hubs to quit reg Soda in the house - He still drinks it when we go out and one 20oz bottle after work per day which is cut down by over half and on the weekends if we just stay home he has NO reg soda

One more thing I've been doing is helping a good friend try and plan her Disney trip for April Vacation week -- THIS YEAR -- nothing booked yet wants the Poly and Port Orleans FQ for 4 with tickets meals etc.. So while it looks like my Dec trip is likely going to be pushed out (with any luck it's what we want to happen so we can purchase a brand new double wide mobile in our park we currently live in - we currently live in a 1972 12 x 60 single wide) least this gives me something do Disneywise..

Wow long winded HAAA sorry.. Here's wishing everyone a successful Feb!!! Michelle

Goal for February will be another 3 pounds which will bring mesolidly under my maintenance number for the first time in several months!

I will achieve my goal by STAYING ON TRACK on the dreaded weekends (which is the time when I can let things slip if I'm not careful), weighing/measuring/tracking every bite (even the splurges) and getting back to some sort of regular exercise routine (this is definitely the biggest struggle for me).

Interfering in my goals is first and foremost.... ME! And of course my lack of exercise and some "vacation"-style eating that could creep into my Valentine's weekend as well as my school vacation week at the end of the month. I'll think about HOW I'm going to combat this and get back to you all! Probably for planning a few OP treats (peanut butter mug cake anyone?) and moving a bit more!

WOOHOO for February!................P

@pjlla MMMMM the PB mug cake sounds delish!!!!! and HI!

I'm in again for February! My goal is 7 pounds. I also joined a new gym and plan to start exercising when they open mid-month.

What interferes? I work two jobs and am on the road a lot. It is very easy to drive through McDonald's and have a quick sandwich. I am planning to eat more subway, even if it takes longer to drive through.

Happy February everyone!

Happy February everyone!!

I am in for the month and am determined to have success!! My weigh in this morning was higher than my January start weight, so that is not good. However, I am down from my highest weight in January and I count that as success!!

My goal for February is to lose 2 kg. I have decided to track my goal in kilogramms instead of pounds as that is what my scale is giving me. And so I will have it easier to calculate the percentage. Since the only thing we are tracking here is percentage, it realls does not matter whether my goal is kilogramm, pound, ounzes, tons or whatever! :goodvibes And in case anyone is interested, 2kg is 4.40925 pounds. I hope this is a doable goal!

The days are getting longer and warmer here and I hope to get back into a regular schedule of three runs a week. My fitness goal is to run more than in January (18.3km), more than February 2015 (6.95 km, that should be an easy one!!!) and more than any other month in 2015 (that was June with 41.1 km, this is a difficult one). My biggest danger is eating. I just really like food and currently my boyfriend is here (we have a long distance relationship and most of the time I am on my own) and therefore the temptation of eating out is far bigger than normal. But I am hopeful that I can find a good balance!

Thank you @courtneybeth for hosting this month!!

My goal this month will be 4 pounds. I've been in a holding pattern for the last few weeks - gained 2 last 2 weeks of Dec, lost those 2 first week of Jan, and have been the same since.

My obstacle - me and my mid-winter " just-want-to-stay-under-a-blanket-reading-by-the-fire" hibernation. I've also been increasing portion sizes slightly. Another issue for me is working the night shift. I only bring fruits and veggies to work but when I get home in the morning, I eat too much. I had been doing much better with this until January, so I know how to rectify this - I just have to do it!

My plan - commit to tracking (writing it all/ not just mentally tracking) and stay within daily WW points. I just bought the Smart Points calculator and plan to switch to that within the month. For now, sticking with Points Plus.

What a wonderful wonderful theme! I'm so sad that I won't be able to participate this month but I know I just won't have time. I'll try to pop in to say hi or to at least read up on how everyone is doing occasionally but this month is All About the Bar Exam. I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals. I'll be back with a vengeance in March!!

What a wonderful wonderful theme! I'm so sad that I won't be able to participate this month but I know I just won't have time. I'll try to pop in to say hi or to at least read up on how everyone is doing occasionally but this month is All About the Bar Exam. I wish everyone the best of luck with their goals. I'll be back with a vengeance in March!!

Good luck with the exam!! We are looking forward to seeing you again in March!

About me: I'm Ashley and I weigh 214lbs. I decided to lose weight when the scale crept above 215lbs I'm December. I'm nappingathena on my fitness pal.

About my goal: my goal ro this month is 5lbs. I'm going to do it by tracking every day even the days I go way over my goal and trying not to go way over my goal. Also by doing longer walks on the treadmill.

I'm here! And I'm joining in with the same 4 lb goal! Jan was a wash for me, i lost then regained. So I'm frustrated and wanting to lose! I have a big crop one weekend this year, and we leave on feb 27 for a few days in San Francisco, so that will be my last weigh in for the month for me

My name is Molli, I've been on the WISH boards for many years, I love going to WDW as often as I can, usually means about every other year. We are also DCL cruisers and have a current placeholder and hope to do the Panama Canal next summer. We recently became empty-nesters, two adult daughters one trying to finish college this year, fingers crossed! Youngest DD a first year in the 5 year co-op program at the University of Cincinnati. Since becoming empty-nesters, I really ramped up my scrapbooking, and have found a group of friends who enjoy crops, getting together and we are having a lot of fun! Downside on the WISH aspect is that the crops always include in overindulgence of not so healthy foods. I'm recovering from Cushing's disease, and my treatment has left me with Addison's disease, so I struggle with medications that leave me retaining water and swelling. But, with my newly regained health I'm taking advantage and traveling as much as I can! I'm monarchmomx2 on myfitnesspal

Sending cyber mojo to everyone for a banner month!

Thanks @courtneybeth for hostessing!

Hi everyone! I'm 23 and live in Kansas City (Missouri side, very important distinction) with my DH and cat Nancy. I work at a bank in the corporate offices and I'm also currently pursuing writing.

My weight has always yo-yoed. I lost a lot
Of weight about 7-8 years ago and maintained it for a few years but then college and my new relationship got to my eating habits. I gained it all back and then some. I finally had enough when I won an award last year at work saw a picture of myself. I truly looked like a large woman and I just couldn't believe it. Since then I've lost 40 pounds! I've also kicked my workout routine up about 100 notches.

MY GOAL: I liked having an NSV goal and it worked really well because I was constantly identifying them throughout the week so I could remember to post them here on Saturdays. However, this month I want my non-scale goal to be to end the month with no less than 0 weekly points. I don't want to dip into my fit points. This week is already shot as I had dinner at my parents house last night and my mom made some sort of brownie concoction that was undoubtedly all of my weeklies and probably all of the fit points I've earned thus far too lol. It was bad but so so good. My weight loss goal for this month is to lose 7 pounds. That would get me out of the 190s and since I was very successful with my weight loss last month I want to see if it's a fluke.

MY PLAN: I want to stop going negative in my weeklies. I also will continue my intense workouts! The end of this week my long run bumps up to 7 miles. Eek!

OBSTACLES: Valentine's Day isn't a huge obstacle as we are cooking from home. What will be an obstacle is the annual business review meetings that I'll have at work all week. Not only will I be surrounded by food all week long (and good food, I saw the menu planned) but I'll have two nice dinners out that week. My plan to tackle it is to make the best choices I can and not eat everything.

EDIT: after a rough calculation of those brownies they weren't nearly as point heavy as I was expecting so I think I'm still safe for this week!

Last edited:
@DisPup75 good luck with your exam!

@ohMom I have a all day crop at the end of the month. Looking forward to it but will have to take control when the desserts come out since they are always amazing at this one.

I am going to go with a distance goal again this month. Exercise km only. My goal last month was 40km since I have never set a distance goal and crushed it with a 60.7km total so I am putting this months goal at 60km. I also am going to add some other exercise and drink more water.

@courtneybeth thanks for hosting :)

I've never done one of these before - so an introduction: I'm a 43 year old mother of three. I'm mostly a stay at home parent and my youngest is in kindergarten (half day). I have been overweight most of my life, and have put myself and my health aside for the sake of caring for my kids for years. Finally, I have no more babies and it's time to focus on me. I changed my focus in July and am 60lbs down from my highest weight, but still have a long way to go.

My goal this month is to lose 7 pounds. It's aggressive, but I've been in a holding pattern over the holidays and I need to bust through my plateau.

I will achieve my goal by (6 days a week) keeping my carbs under 100 for the day, by making sure I get in my 10,000 steps every day and by eating breakfast every day. I wear a fitbit and use myfitnesspal to track my food. I will do my best to do more exercise, but that is the minimum I have to do.

This month, I shouldn't have too many obstacles except for Valentines Day, my mom's birthday and the Superbowl. All will involve meals that are not completely within my control. I will rise above these challenges by being smart with what I choose to eat - allow myself the celebratory treats (birthday cake, chocolates), but be smarter about the rest of the food that meal.

Good Luck Everyone!

I would like to join! I just finished a January winter warrior challenge of walking outdoors every day for a month and loved it! For this challenge, my goal is to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Thanks!

QOTD - My goal for this month will be to lose 10 pounds. I lost 11.8 in January, so this will hopefully bring my total to over 20 lbs! So far my weight loss has come from diet, as I've done just a few nightly sessions of yoga at home. This month, I hope to actually USE the gym membership I bought! A few things standing in my way this month, one being today! We are having our annual manager's outing which means two brewery tours & lunch at a delicious Wisconsin restaurant filled with cheese and beer, my two weaknesses! Also, next Monday is my boyfriends birthday so we are going to a fine steakhouse near our house and I plan on indulging. I guess if it's only two meals for the month I'm not doing too bad!

giphy.gif

I'm in for this month too!

Hi! I'm Patricia-- 27 years old and live in South Florida with DH and my kitty cat. I fell into the post wedding bliss (read: laziness) last year and gained about 20 unwanted pounds. DH and I also have very bad eating habits that we are trying to break. As for our Disney lives, we are WDW passholders and living 3 hours south of the Mouse means we get there about once a month. I'm pretty sure all our Disney foodie weekends once a month contributed to my rapid weight gain as well!

My goal for this month will be the same as last month-- Exercise 3 times a week. I did not do as well with this as I thought I would last month, so I am trying again! I've still got my cute reward magnets to put on the calendar when I do a workout so maybe that can help my motivation. I think I need some sort of challenge though. I am competitive and since DH is on board with trying to work out too, maybe I can convince him to have some sort of competition for the month.

The only speed bump for this month I see is Valentine's Day (and possibly that whole weekend). DH and I might be going to a trade show in Orlando that weekend (I already have reservations at Narcossee's just in case!). If we go then I need to be careful and watch what I eat and not be in "vacation eating mode." If we don't go, DH wants to go to the Melting Pot so that will definitely be a splurge dinner. Either way, there will be a big dinner.... Luckily, if we are at Disney, I will be walking a lot to help offset the calories. Either way, maybe I should incorporate an extra workout that week.

Anyway, I love the theme! Looking forward to a great month!!!

Wow, you guys are all awesome and have great goals planned for the month. It was so great to turn on my computer this morning to see the planning and thought put into everyone's goals :)

Goal for February will be another 3 pounds which will bring me solidly under my maintenance number for the first time in several months!
You got this - .75 pounds per week. You can do it!

My goal for the month will be 4lbs.. a loss of a pound a week seems doable.. I will achieve this by drinking at least 64oz of water per day, eating healthier and moving a little more by Hula Hooping 3 times a week for at least 30 mins .. I only have one birthday in Feb and Valentine's Day so I shouldn't have too much interference.

That's 1 pound per week - very doable. I love the Hula Hooping exercise idea. You're going to have killer abs at the end of the month.

I also joined a new gym and plan to start exercising when they open mid-month.

Great idea on the gym. Start plotting out your days on a calendar and hold yourself accountable to go. You can determine which machines and exercises you'll do in advance so you just have to 'show up'.

And in case anyone is interested, 2kg is 4.40925 pounds. I hope this is a doable goal!

1.1 pounds per week is a great goal. I'm glad that you translated the number because I was like "what is that for all of us crazy non-metric people" ;)

My obstacle - me and my mid-winter " just-want-to-stay-under-a-blanket-reading-by-the-fire" hibernation.

That was me yesterday. I'm a wuss with the cold and decided to stay indoors because it rained and reached a chilly 55 degrees yesterday in So. California. I am ashamed :(

MISS YOU! Good Luck with the Bar Exam and please don't be a stranger. Pop in if you just need to vent or want to say hi! You're going to do great!

I'm going to do it by tracking every day even the days I go way over my goal and trying not to go way over my goal

You'll be surprised how tracking everything will make a difference. Last night I had strong urgings of wanting to eat everything in the kitchen: ice cream, oreos, the hidden stash of chocolate candies for bad days. But I looked at MyFitnessPal's calories for the day and I realized that it wasn't worth it to go over for the day just to have a moment of 'happiness'. So I battled through it and I feel so much better today that I didn't give into my sweet tooth.

My goal this month is to lose 7 pounds. It's aggressive, but I've been in a holding pattern over the holidays and I need to bust through my plateau.

A combination of different exercises and meals will bust you through that plateau. Change up what you're eating and try new activities. You may just be "comfortable" with your present food and activities. We have to confuse the body to get it to where we want to be.

I just finished a January winter warrior challenge of walking outdoors every day for a month and loved it

This sounds like something fun - how many days did it take you to adjust to the cold?

I guess if it's only two meals for the month I'm not doing too bad!

Not bad at all. Eat lighter in the morning and adjust your dinner. I'll ask for a salmon with no sauce or try to change out the heavy calorie side (ie: potato, starch) for some steamed veggies. They'll work with you :)

My goal for this month will be the same as last month-- Exercise 3 times a week.

It can be so hard to accomplish the gym - so I feel you. I learned if I keep my gym bag in the car I'm more likely to go than if I head home first. All bets are off if I head home -- couch comes calling and all I want to do is loaf on the couch!

giphy.gif

My Goal for the Month:
  • Lose 5 pounds. (Only 1.25 pounds per week!) :)
  • I'm presently at 149 - waving goodbye to maintenance mode and losing another 9-14 pounds during the next few months.

How I Will Achieve My Goal:
  • Tracking everything that goes into my mouth through MyFitnessPal
  • Working out at the gym with personal trainer and own exercising
  • Walk Disneyland once per week
  • Run the Rock N Roll New Orleans Half Marathon - 2/28

Challenges and How to Rise Above It
  • The first few sessions with the personal trainer have left me sore - which means I don't want to work out at the gym the next day. I need to get past the pain and keep moving.
  • Traveling to New Orleans at the end of the month and running the Half Marathon will mess with my metabolism, especially the food. I'm going to be off with calories burned and consumed. Need to be mindful of this as I work through the month.

giphy.gif

Count me in again! I hope to lose 5 more just like in Jan even though it is a few less days. I plan on walking about the same amount and maybe add in a few bounts on the stationary bike.
My biggest obstacle is the mindless munchies. Being home puts everything right in front of me, so I plan of finding some new healthier, better for my losing weights, munchies. All suggestions on that front are welcome!

We are planning to go for a few days to Kennedy Space center for the launch this Fri and that will probably be the toughest of the month food wise. I plan on bringing some fruits, nuts, and homemede turkey jerky, but the food last time was def. the fast food variety.

My biggest obstacle is the mindless munchies. Being home puts everything right in front of me, so I plan of finding some new healthier, better for my losing weights, munchies. All suggestions on that front are welcome!

Logging your food will be a lifesaver for you, especially if you're a "mindless muncher" like me! (Seriously, I can stare longingly at the cabinet for hours and eat everything). MyFitnessPal is a free app for your phone or mobile device that tracks your food, exercise, weight loss, etc. It would provide accountability for every item that goes into your mouth and you can see just how many calories you have left for the day. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your calorie limit. It's not the fast food that is a deal killer on the waist line, it's the types of food and the quantities. You could probably grab a Subway sammich on the way to the launch and eat that -- and have no problems ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter