figmentfan814AAR~LivingSeas~French Is. *I'm back and married! Will start TR soon!*

I would love to see what you are hatching for your at-home reception. We had a down home country at-home reception at my parent's ranch a few weeks after the wedding with good old fasioned home cooked food in huge roasters, a bonfire where we roasted smores and marshmallows, outdoor games like washers and croquet, and an old fashioned hay ride. We had a blast! I'd love to hear what you and Kris are planning....PLEASE?:goodvibes
Anna Marie

Would it be weird if I put some things in my PJ about our at-home reception that is coming up on June 1?

Weird...No way! It is still part of your wedding and we totally want to hear all about it! Lots of us are having at home parties and any ideas are helpful!

Here's a quick overview; we're ordering the invitations this weekend, so I will try to post some pictures next week.

Our party is June 1 (we made it late enough so we would have our video back to play at it).

We are doing something different using a red carpet theme. Since we got engaged in a theater (where we had our first date) and since it's the debut of our wedding video we thought we could do something fun with that theming.

We have the hall booked and are going to a menu tasting next weekend for the caterer.

For favors, I'm doing a candy station with big glass jars full of all types of candies. I figured we could do this like a concession stand at a theater.

We are going to have an actual red carpet and have bought tons of clear lights to create ambiance. I am also doing a lot of red throughout.

For our invitations we're buying ones that look like actual tickets to an event; I will take some pictures soon to share with everyone. :goodvibes

I would love to see what you are hatching for your at-home reception. We had a down home country at-home reception at my parent's ranch a few weeks after the wedding with good old fasioned home cooked food in huge roasters, a bonfire where we roasted smores and marshmallows, outdoor games like washers and croquet, and an old fashioned hay ride. We had a blast! I'd love to hear what you and Kris are planning....PLEASE?:goodvibes
Anna Marie

It sounds like your party was so much fun. We wanted to do something different from a traditional reception too. We figured it could be more relaxed and we wanted it to just be a lot of fun for our guests.

I think you and I were hatched out of the same kind of egg. I hate cookie cutter events. I always have to be different and do something that everyone will remember. I can't wait to see and hear more about your event.
Anna Marie

I think you and I were hatched out of the same kind of egg. I hate cookie cutter events. I always have to be different and do something that everyone will remember. I can't wait to see and hear more about your event.
Anna Marie

I definitely agree, it's always better to do something that people will remember rather than the same old thing :cool1:

Thanks! I'm ordering the invitations in the next day or two, so I will post them once I get them definitely picked out.

The wedding pics look great! I'm following your trip report. popcorn::

We went to a red carpet themed event that had a cute idea - when each couple came in they were photographed, and at the end they each got a movie-themed frame as a favor. Prints of the photos were sent out later. It is thoughtful in the same way as your tote bags in that it's about the guests and not the hosts.

Just finished your PJ it took me only 4 hours. Good thing DH wasn't home the whole time.

Is there anyway you could send me a copy of your newsletter and/or info packs? PM me if possible? thanks!

I'm so happy you posted a copy of the newsletter for your guests! Do you mind if i copy the template?

Of course not, I'm glad I can help :goodvibes I will also PM you to see if you want me to email you any of them. I also have a template in Word set up that other brides have used. Thanks for reading :bride:

Thank you so much! We gave a few of them away, but most of them I still have on a shelf in my home office. They are a fun reminder of our wedding whenever I see them pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter