Figment Popcorn Bucket Insanity

If I was going to complain to guest services about anything, it would be that they chose to sell these insanely popular popcorn buckets at the same stand as festival food thereby making it impossie for people who don't want the buckets and just want the food to get them. It's the distribution method that really is the problem in the park

I'm there in 2 and half weeks. If they are stock and have a reasonable wait I'll get one. If not I won't be too upset. For me personally I wouldn't wait in those lines, but to each their own.

It's like nobody in this thread has heard of hyperbole. My "all-out Karen" is still probably calmer and quieter than the average complaining guest.

What good is a lightning lane on a day I don't plan on doing any rides?

You know what they say when you assume...

out of curiosity then, what exactly would be a suitable resolution the CM might be able to offer? Or is the main goal just to provide feedback to Disney?

If I was going to complain to guest services about anything, it would be that they chose to sell these insanely popular popcorn buckets at the same stand as festival food thereby making it impossie for people who don't want the buckets and just want the food to get them. It's the distribution method that really is the problem in the park

Agreed. From my perspective as a person who knows nothing about retail logistics at WDW, lol, it seems like they could set up a temporary location just to sell the buckets for a few days until the fever burns out, but maybe that's more of a challenge than I realize. If they had to move it to some other already operating location (I'm imagining one of the retail shops at the entrance to Future World, for instance), that location would also be just as overrun, and would inconvenience people who wanted to shop there just as much as the people who want their tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Agreed. From my perspective as a person who knows nothing about retail logistics at WDW, lol, it seems like they could set up a temporary location just to sell the buckets for a few days until the fever burns out, but maybe that's more of a challenge than I realize. If they had to move it to some other already operating location (I'm imagining one of the retail shops at the entrance to Future World, for instance), that location would also be just as overrun, and would inconvenience people who wanted to shop there just as much as the people who want their tomato soup and grilled cheese.
Honestly they probably sold a whole bunch more grilled cheese, and I bet the profit margins on some bread and cheese are pretty solid. I know if I waited 3+ hours, I would grab some food too.

I am reasonably sure the management didn't expect 8 hour lines to purchase a popcorn bucket.

I am reasonably sure the management didn't expect 8 hour lines to purchase a popcorn bucket.
I'd argue they should have expected lines - and they should have been able to separate the "buy food - not the bucket" and the "I want Figment line" within a few hours - at least by day 2. They have that smarts. This is a choice they are making. Disney knows how to manage lines - they just aren't choosing to do so. Figment is immensely popular among fans - and that's the folks that buy the popcorn buckets.

The only reason I can see, maybe, wanting 2 per family member is to collect them for a themed birthday party for a Figment fan - but I wouldn't wait that long or spend that much on them, even then.

What a lovely spirit! Maybe, Disney should stop selling them and just hand them out to kids around the parks! ...Not because I'm against adults wanting Disney merch - I'm not at all - but just as a gesture to try to turn the tide away from this insanity of resale greed and back to more innocent joy and pleasure.
That would be a great idea. But not one that profits Disney so sadly can't see that ever happening

That is awesome! We love the popcorn buckets, but are not at Disney now. I don't understand waiting in line for 6+ hours for a Figment bucket, but if it makes someone happy AND if people are handing them out to kids, well that is Magical!
I agree. It's my daughter's favorite but I won't pay resale price and not there. But not going to stand in line anyway.

I’m just happy to see Figment getting some shine. He was always my favorite (below is from around '84 or '85). I would love to snag a bucket, but I couldn’t justify that type of wait.

DUDE YOUR ICE CREAM! I need to know if it fell! Or is that something else? It looks like a vanilla cone to me.
A76910AD-EBC1-47DD-B48D-7CD95676B311.jpeg

I can only assume since it has been removed from the menu sign and this is such a short festival, the initial stock was it and Disney will not be restocking by the February 21st end date. Disney only gives us lip service regarding the "resales" anyway. Whether they sell 10 to one person or 10 to 10 people, it is the same amount of money to the Mouse.

The first day when people were standing in the line for 4, 5, 6+ hours, it was costing Disney money as many would have spent more than the $25 bucket cost if not in the line. The quicker the sell out the better.

Do you agree?

I can only assume since it has been removed from the menu sign and this is such a short festival, the initial stock was it and Disney will not be restocking by the February 21st end date. Disney only gives us lip service regarding the "resales" anyway. Whether they sell 10 to one person or 10 to 10 people, it is the same amount of money to the Mouse.

The first day when people were standing in the line for 4, 5, 6+ hours, it was costing Disney money as many would have spent more than the $25 bucket cost if not in the line. The quicker the sell out the better.

Do you agree?

i do wonder if the next bucket will be $30… $40…. Look at the Starbucks tumblers! Started at $25 last year and now $50…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter