• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Feeling discouraged about rain

We arrive on Friday afternoon and honestly the forcast changes a few times a day - people who live there must find this kind of weather chilly but for us it's an improvement since we are coming from snow and ice!

well....a friend posted on my wife FB that they endured a down pour of hail while waiting in line for Tower of Terror ..not sure if that was today or yesterday....the HOJO cam shows it dry but what could very well be hail shower clouds....then a friend across a street said it snowed in Los Angeles today, though not sure what the definition of snow is in Los Angeles. Naturally, the wife's friend standing in line at the Tower of Terror where unprepared for the weather...after all, they were standing in Line at the Tower of Terror....per their facebook post.

well....a friend posted on my wife FB that they endured a down pour of hail while waiting in line for Tower of Terror ..not sure if that was today or yesterday....the HOJO cam shows it dry but what could very well be hail shower clouds....then a friend across a street said it snowed in Los Angeles today, though not sure what the definition of snow is in Los Angeles. Naturally, the wife's friend standing in line at the Tower of Terror where unprepared for the weather...after all, they were standing in Line at the Tower of Terror....per their facebook post.

I bet it was today! Crazy weather today.

Arrived LGB and headed to DLH for the week. Lots of clouds but it was dry.... Until about noon.
Then the rain with some hail pellets mixed in began. It lasted about 30 minutes and then let up some.
It's 3pm and we're taking a break in the room. There are still clouds but the sun it out for the most part.
Hope any rain holds off until after WOC, we have the dessert party tonight.
I'll take along ponchos to be safe.

Rain sure changes the line count and overall volume in the park.

Geemo
View from our room Adventure tower
28511060_10209635450843676_254499692_n.jpg

Arrived LGB and headed to DLH for the week. Lots of clouds but it was dry.... Until about noon.
Then the rain with some hail pellets mixed in began. It lasted about 30 minutes and then let up some.
It's 3pm and we're taking a break in the room. There are still clouds but the sun it out for the most part.
Hope any rain holds off until after WOC, we have the dessert party tonight.
I'll take along ponchos to be safe.

Rain sure changes the line count and overall volume in the park.

Geemo
View from our room Adventure tower
28511060_10209635450843676_254499692_n.jpg
I think you planned it right because it looks like the rain might be gone until Friday! Hope you have a great time at WOC tonight, I think it will be mighty chilly (well, for us SoCal weather pansies at least, ha ha). I'll be in the parks with my son on Thursday to celebrate his 3rd birthday with his very first ticket (also planning on his very first ride on RSR and Soarin' since he just hit 40 inches last week!), maybe we will see you around!

Where I live 10 miles south of DLR , it only rained heavily around 8am this morning for 15 min. Nothing since. It's crazy how different things are.

It did NOT snow in LA. Los Angeles "county" is huge though and there was probably some snow up in the mountain pass near the grapevine. It for sure didn't snow in downtown LA. It's been in the mid 50s all day.

If your friend was waiting in line for Tower of Terror than it must not have been quite awhile ago...:crazy2: although I am sure some people still wish it was there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter