Feedback about todays show :)

Weird show. For a show that complains for the heck of it, it couldn’t recognize when there was a real complaint in the room. The “politics” is the kind of issue employees really care about, because it impacts them and their lives and their kids.

Disney is alienating cast members, and that’s not a good business position right now.

There are major issues within the Parks leadership right now that are cascading in multiple ways down to the paying guests. Just because OP is more tolerant of the current shortcomings solely because they arent able to travel to WDW as frequently does not excuse those issues.

There are major issues within the Parks leadership right now that are cascading in multiple ways down to the paying guests. Just because OP is more tolerant of the current shortcomings solely because they arent able to travel to WDW as frequently does not excuse those issues.

But it does start to explain the ridiculous crowd levels.

I think the OP here is dealing with two issues. one is the overall negativity of Disney and the second is this week's podcast where it ended on an uncomfortable note. I believe the conversation began after the political discussion. ryno mentioned the feedback from people being a real pushback and negative against him and his views/comments, etc. Specifically he said to Pete that he feels fine that he enjoyed a length of time at several disney experiences (aulani, dvc event, disneyland, etc.) and has no issue with it but that other listeners do and Pete said they are jealous of him and that's the reason. I'm not sure what Ryno reads regarding social media comments because I just listen to the show audio and Im done for the week but he was upset that 'we the dis people' were negative toward them and that was pete's response. his response went on a bit further to include jealousy, money, and took a defensive view about it. I'm not sure who the negative people are and what they say, or why they are negative, but the other podcasters with him this week agreed to his comments and it was uncomfortable for the average listener who feels like they are now in the collective jealous listener hater category which I imagine the op is expressing that residual reaction from. Regarding negative in general on the podcast towards the parks and resorts, it's a healthy balance overall in my opinion, the good, the bad, the ugly, and it depends on who is hosting that week sometimes and who is actually in the parks , boots to the ground, like Craig perhaps who really sees and does everything all the time as opposed to others who aren't there as often. Ryno for example leans into Disneyland with more positivity overall then wdw, so it depends on who you get the comment from. But yes, the op clearly felt disenchanted by this week's ending of the podcast after the political discussion and i agree it was uncomfortable to listen to as I am not a jealous listener over pete's money (i don't really care what is in pete's wallet nor do i want him to know what's in mine) so it was off putting to be put in that position. you can always turn it off or fast foward your feed during those moments of onslaught.

Also i would like to say ryno spoke very eloquently regarding the cheerleaders and their racist performance down main street, usa....at first he bit his tongue and was silent, then collected himself and revisited the topic and instead of lecturing us about a topic we should already have a full education about, he expressed his strong and 100% accurate views on how disgusting it was. bravo ryno.

Regarding the quality of the parks declining:

If people don't speak up, then nothing will change. Additionally, I appreciate these brave people, who make their money off of Disney, for having the guts to tell the truth and not to gaslight us.
Speaking up isn’t going to change anything. These people speaking up continue to visit and visit often. Unless people stop visiting nothing will change. And guess what … they are not going to stop visiting. Attendance is up.

I think this is a fair conclusion to make.

We are DL locals, but we travel to WDW frequently. From what I have heard about WDW over the last year, we have no plans to return anytime soon. Our last trip was May 2019. We have put all our eggs into Disneyland's basket and overall have been enjoying the parks over the last year. WDW honestly sounds miserable right now.

DLgal: We are thinking about a DL visit (never been) next month while we are at Arizona. I was wondering if it is as bad as WDW? I have been rethinking even going if that is true? I know they have genie and ILLs now, which we won't participate in anyway. What is the consensus on those? If it makes the standby lines unbearable, then we will skip DL. I really don't want to skip DL and have always want to go there. But it will be a hard sell to my DH if it is anything like WDW. Thank you :)

As far as this week's podcast? I was uncomfortable with alot of it, so I just turned it off. I usually love all the podcasts though.
If someone doesn't care for something online, all they have to do is switch to something else, that's all:)
yes, there's plenty of podcasts out there about disney that cover it from all different angles and perspectives. find the one that's right for you.

I too at times have felt that some of the DIS podcasts have felt more negative toward the parks experience than in the past. Previously, it had felt like constructive criticism. I have visited multiple times before and during covid, and with Genie+. I have not felt the same negativity that many on the boards and the DIS have felt. If the podcast or the boards bother me, then it's up to me to not listen or read or to not let it bother me. People are allowed to express different viewpoints from mine. It doesn't make me dislike the team any. I still like them, especially the ones that I have met. They are just in a different place right now about the parks than I am. I also understand that I am very fortunate to not be negatively impacted by the price increases; whereas, many people have been impacted. I think people are still sensitive and raw after the past 2 years, which is completely understandable.

I too at times have felt that some of the DIS podcasts have felt more negative toward the parks experience than in the past. Previously, it had felt like constructive criticism. I have visited multiple times before and during covid, and with Genie+. I have not felt the same negativity that many on the boards and the DIS have felt. If the podcast or the boards bother me, then it's up to me to not listen or read or to not let it bother me. People are allowed to express different viewpoints from mine. It doesn't make me dislike the team any. I still like them, especially the ones that I have met. They are just in a different place right now about the parks than I am. I also understand that I am very fortunate to not be negatively impacted by the price increases; whereas, many people have been impacted. I think people are still sensitive and raw after the past 2 years, which is completely understandable.
IMO I don't think it all has to with people being raw and sensitive from the last 2 years. People are down on the parks cause of how massively they have changed from pre Covid. With the cuts and how much they have screwed up a paid skip the line system people are down on the product.

The thing that gets me is no matter the amount of negativity and complaints with the new Disney, people can't stop going. There is some amazing parks in the US that aren't named Disney or Universal.

Well said. I think regarding that specific week's podcast though, Pete did conclude it by saying only positive things about his parks experiences this month over the span of many different types of Disney events and destinations and commented he will make a concerted effort to search and look for the positivity while understanding there is much that has changed and the perspective of the vacationing guest. Specifically the negativity wasn't about the parks in that episode OP is speaking about but I believe the lecturing about some negative listeners who make comments about the podcasters themselves and their lifestyles and not having much perspective taking for the vacationing guest and how they must be jealous of Pete and his money. So there are many issues at play here. So in fact Pete ended the podcast on a positive note, but statements about certain listeners were made who were attacking him.

I’m wondering if it’s a US Vlogger thing

I totally get why people are disgruntled about Magical Express going, Genie+, price rises etc but all the channels I’ve watched over the years are draining me these days. The DIS, DFB, Mickey Views all seem to lean more negative.

I get that there needs to be balance but blimey.
I then watch UK Vloggers and I think that they are as positive as ever about Disney world.

I think that the DIS team is trying to recapture the "magic", but they are having the same issue a lot of people are having. Planning a vacation has always been part of the fun, but having to reserve in advance which park to be at each day, having to mobile order lunch hours ahead, paying high prices for hotels with no housekeeping, paying for park passes, but then having to pay MORE to go on the "good rides" - It's all becoming overwhelming, and the magic of going on a WDW vacation just seems like a lot of work for an expensive trip that won't come close to the magic vacations we remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter