February trip thread!

I need to have DH sort through his pins and decide which ones he wants to take for trading. Good project for today as it is snowing outside. :thumbsup2

3 more days!! I looked oline and Disneyland Express has a web special from SNA and LAX going. $30 round trip from LAX, also some family special that I did not pay much attention to since it is just the two of us. A bit less than the Super Shuttle, which we usually take. Only drawback is they run once an hour during the time we will be arriving so we might have a bit of a wait whereas we have found the Super Shuttle and Prime Time to always have a van there that is heading to the DL area. On the other hand, with the DLE you won't be taking folks home to Lakewood or other places between LAX and DL.

Check out this website for $5 off for each person on the DLE.

http://www.anaheimoc.org/Articles/Archive/Webpage10153.asp

There are some other great coupons on there too like 20% off your total bill at LaBrea(?)
There is a whole page of coupons. Just double click the one you want and print away.

Rainforest Cafe also has a coupon for a free Volcano dessert if you spend $25
That coupon is on their facebook page.

We've decided to do a last minute budget trip. :banana: We will be at Disney Feb 20-23 and staying at the Holiday Inn Resort Area. We booked through Priceline for $45. It's our first time using Priceline and I'm scared. :laughing:

We've decided to do a last minute budget trip. :banana: We will be at Disney Feb 20-23 and staying at the Holiday Inn Resort Area. We booked through Priceline for $45. It's our first time using Priceline and I'm scared. :laughing:

We have used Priceline several times for Disneyland area and for LAX area once. We have always been very happy with the hotels and had no trouble at check in. We have always done the 3 star hotels. Looks like that is what you got also. $45 is a good price. Good job!! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip! :woohoo:

Well it looks like we're headed down south in Feb after all! I booked the entertainment rate at Hojo months ago and figured I would have to give it up...but no, DH caved! Woohoo! We'll be there 2/25 through 3/1. SO CAN'T WAIT!

One more question: It seems to be cheaper to buy the room and tickets separate. Is there some perk for buying them as a package? Thanks in advance.

we will be there a couple of those days. we will have LGMH maybe we will get to meet! :)

Well it looks like we're headed down south in Feb after all! I booked the entertainment rate at Hojo months ago and figured I would have to give it up...but no, DH caved! Woohoo! We'll be there 2/25 through 3/1. SO CAN'T WAIT!

I will just have missed you my fellow Elk Groveian. We will be there on 2/20-2/22. Short trip but definitely needed! HoJo's will also be my home. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Flying in from Omaha, Nebraska. We are getting sick of the cold weather and decided to book a short-notice trip. We have been to WDW twice in the past two years, but this will be my first trip to DL since I was eight -- 32 years ago.

Staying at the Marriott Suites. Enjoy your trips!

Flying in from Omaha, Nebraska. We are getting sick of the cold weather and decided to book a short-notice trip. We have been to WDW twice in the past two years, but this will be my first trip to DL since I was eight -- 32 years ago.

Staying at the Marriott Suites. Enjoy your trips!
Don't forget your lime green Mickey head. We'll be looking for you.

Well I had to cancel our Birthday trip for 2/7-2/11:sad1: but for good reasons! I am pregnant and been having a difficult time with the nausea and vomiting I haven't been able to work for a month now due to the vomiting. It really has not been fun and I was looking forward to this trip. So instead we will postpone it until April hopefully.

Will someone eat the baked potatoe soup at the carnation cafe for me;)

Well I had to cancel our Birthday trip for 2/7-2/11:sad1: but for good reasons! I am pregnant and been having a difficult time with the nausea and vomiting I haven't been able to work for a month now due to the vomiting. It really has not been fun and I was looking forward to this trip. So instead we will postpone it until April hopefully.

Congratulations! I'm sorry you won't be able to make it though, and I will be sure to eat some baked potato soup for you. ;)

OK. We JUST got back from our AWESOME trip! :)

We spent 4 days in Mesa, AZ then drove to Anaheim. We got to our hotel, Park Vue Inn, around 7-8pm on Friday 1/29. Disneyland was open until midnight our first night and we stayed until park closing. Our last disney day was yesterday (Monday). Today was a travelling day, so no park time.

Weather: GREAT. Sunny and temps in the 60's. Needed a light jacket in the morning. Wore tshirt and jeans with flip flops during the day. And would go back and forth during the day with wearing a hoodie or tying it around my waist. Went back to the hotel in the evening for long sleeved shirt and a fleece and socks & sneakers.

Crowds: Seemed crowded, but not like summer time crowded. Disneyland was open until midnight on Fri, 11pm on Sat & Sun, and 8pm on Monday. We waited longer for rides on Monday. Most wait times for the big rides on the weekend were 10-20 minutes. Many rides were walk ons. We got FP for lots of the biggies. We rode Indie about 6 times, Space Mt. 6-7 times, Splash twice (no wait for this ride...lol), BTMRR twice, Matterhorn 3 times, ToT 3 times, Soarin' twice. We thought it was odd that there was only a 10 minute wait for BTMRR at like 1pm on Saturday. Toy Story Mania constantly had a 25+ minute wait, so we just waited it out.

Atmosphere: GREAT! We were wondering why we even bother going to WDW anymore. DLR is such a better disney park to visit! The employees are awesome, the parks are more manageable, and even the guests are happier. Except for one woman at our hotel who was SOOOOOO crabby when she was getting her kids their breakfast, we never met a single crabby guest. Everyone was smiling, having fun, holding doors open for each other, saying please & thank you. Sorry, you just don't see that at WDW. And what's with the employees at DLR!??!! Are they even MORE pleasant and helpful than before? There must be some kind of contest going on with the employees...lol. I was just so amazed at each attraction, food stand, shop, etc. Every worker was pleasant and went the extra step such as asking how are trip is going, or asking if we're excited to be going on the ride, etc. We noticed it was especially the weekend employees who went above & beyond the call of duty.

Hotel: We stayed at the Park Vue Inn. We got room 112. It is a suite with one bedroom that has 2 queen sized beds, and the "living room" has a pull out couch. We stayed at this hotel 2 1/2 years ago, and I'm not sure if they redid all of the rooms, or just the suites, but our room was really nice. The suite had a flat screen tv in the living room above the fire place (electric...lol). A full kitchen with a microwave, coffee maker, small fridge, 4 burner stove and sink. It had cabinets, cultery, plates, bowls, cups, pans, toaster. There were 3 sinks total in the suite. The bathroom was nice, lots of towels, great maid service. We didn't use the pool, but we talked to some kids who were in it last night around 8:30pm and they said it was heated and very warm. The beds were very comfie and the closet was large. There was a 2nd tv in the bedroom. The free breakfast in the morning had belguim waffles, cheese omelets, coffee, juices, fruit, bagels, donuts, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, milk, hot cocoa, tea. We filled up on that every morning. I know this hotel gets a bad rap, but we really liked it. I loved being able to run back to the room for things.

We had a great time. I hope reading my review is getting you all excited for your upcoming trips!!! :)

Any questions, just ask!

Thanks Drinkme for the update/trip report. You did an amazing amount of big rides. It is getting closer for me 3 weeks so yes your report was great timing.

Thanks for the trip report drinkme ! It sounds like the Park Vue's breakfast is even better than the last time I stayed there. I am getting really excited now...just over a week till we leave.

Sorry you are having a tough time. I think we might be able to help you out with that soup! :thumbsup2
wohoo!!!! cant wait to meet you guys :)

You also! We leave TOMORROW!!! :woohoo: I think I need to pack! :idea:

Our last day in dland is today >: We came a day early Jan 31st and are stayng at hojos. Everything has been great. The crowds have been light, fantasyland is basically walk on or very short wait. Sunday we walked on everything which we were very surprised with all the Socal AP passes. DD got a diva makeover yesterday and she looked so cute! It was definetly worth the money. They did a great job and really took their time. She also got to meet Snow White at the grotto! (Her fave princess). I almost passec out when I saw the tab at ariels. It was double what we payed exactly one year ago! Okay g2g.

We're here!!! Dressed and ready to head out soon. Looking forward to a cup of coffee on the porch on Main Street! Billy Hill!! Woo Hoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter