***** February 2022 Thread *****

Oh! It did but this is MearsConnect Express (which I forgot to specify). They advertise a 2 hour before your flight pickup. This is 3 hours and 20 minutes.

yeah we booked them too for this trip, was just saying it sounded similar to ME’s time frame, but i didnt realize mears specifically advertised 2 hours. that stinks then.

We made a reservation with the Mears Connect for transportation to MCO on 2/2....our flight is at 5:50 pm and I received a confirmation today from Mears that they have scheduled our pick up time for 2:20 pm this seems excessively early to me....now thinking of canceling the Mears ride and just going with Uber.
3:45 for a 6:55 flight. Wonder if they have gotten more reservations than they planned for or if they haven't gotten as many so they are combining busses so it's making the trips take longer. For those of you taking Uber, how long before your flight will you get picked up?

3:45 for a 6:55 flight. Wonder if they have gotten more reservations than they planned for or if they haven't gotten as many so they are combining busses so it's making the trips take longer. For those of you taking Uber, how long before your flight will you get picked up?
we just got our pick up time too... 12:55 for a 4:13 flight.... not jazzed but I'm so scared of a surge price.

We made a reservation with the Mears Connect for transportation to MCO on 2/2....our flight is at 5:50 pm and I received a confirmation today from Mears that they have scheduled our pick up time for 2:20 pm this seems excessively early to me....now thinking of canceling the Mears ride and just going with Uber.
Same email for me today. 5:05 flight and Mears scheduled a 1:45 pickup.
we just got our pick up time too... 12:55 for a 4:13 flight.... not jazzed but I'm so scared of a surge price.

I've read either here on in a facebook group I'm in that you will receive another email closer to your trip date with a more accurate time. Someone said they send the initial email with with some cushion because the buses stop at multiple resorts and closer to the actual date they will have a more accurate idea of how many resort pickups each bus will be stopping at. I have no clue if this is true, just something I read. You guys will have to report back on if this is true or not if you get another updated time.

I will say that on our girls trip in March the Magical Express buses were running behind schedule. My sister who was suppose to leave an hour before us according to her pick up time was still waiting on her bus when we went down to catch ours. It was so chaotic. Once we went down for our time there were three bus pick up times waiting at the same time. The bus driver looked at everyone's papers and took them in order of their pick up time. By the time my daughter and I got to the airport and got our luggage checked we were getting to close for comfort for me. Plus when we got to security someone put a stroller through the x-ray machine and it got stuck! The TSA agent literally crawled up on to the conveyor belt and stuck her upper body into the machine to unlodge it. My sister had since found out her flight was delayed and so she went to grab her and my niece some breakfast so she got my daughter and I some since our gates were close to one another. By the time my daughter and I got there we had to eat and run (not literally but walk fast). Get to the gate and they call us to start our boarding line up and then we stand there for what seemed like forever after the morning we had. Turned out there were some bad storms over Nashville and so our flight was now being delayed! UGH At least we both had time for a bathroom break before we finally got to board. When we finally made it to Nashville we had to stay on the plane an extra half an our to 45 minutes because we didn't have a gate to pull into to deplane since it was so congested from the delays.

I'm curious about this too. I don't know if we get to request a pick up time with Mr. Hinds or not so this is some info I am looking for. I may go search the transportation board and see what people recommend. After our March trip though I wanna have a little cushion time LOL. Our flight leaves at 9:50 and we have business select so I will have a special line I can go through to check our luggage (at least I hope that line is opened for us) and I did reserve the CLEAR line back when it first was announced so hopefully that will help with security too if it's backed up at that time.

So hubby and I have been talking. Since we aren't doing hoppers this trip then our AK day just wouldn't be filled with stuff to do, especially with EE down while we are there. So we have thought about changing our park reservation and doing MK that day as well. Then we will both start and end with MK and I will just not get to ride FoP (my favorite ride) this trip. If we do this I will be dropping a Tusker House breakfast for Saturday February 5th at 9:20 and an 'Ohana supper reservation for 7:40 (both for just 2 people) if anyone on this thread wants to coordinate and grab them. If not I'll offer them on a facebook group I'm in.

I love that we're all so different, lol. AK is my absolute fave park and I have 2 days planned there and I'm hoping it's enough :rotfl:

We'll be Uber-ing. We have a 9:05pm Fri night flight. I'm still debating what time we should call the Uber for. I'm thinking maybe 2.5 hours before the flight?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I love that we're all so different, lol. AK is my absolute fave park and I have 2 days planned there and I'm hoping it's enough :rotfl:

AK is my second favorite park (although HS is creeping up to take that spot) but with EE being down while we are there and my new back issues and not being able to handle Dinosaur there wasn't a lot for us to do there. With us not hopping we just decided to get the best bang for our buck we would just do MK twice instead of AK one day.

Didnt magical express pick up 3-4 hours before your flight too?

Magical Express picked up 3 hrs before flight time. One year they did pick up 4 hours prior to flight during the Christmas Holidays but then it immediately returned to the 3 hr schedule. Magical Express sometimes dropped of at between 1-3 resorts but Mears is picking up closer to four hours ahead of flight time and may stop at up to 5 or six resorts...

Slowly, taking baby steps towards this twice-cancelled trip. Supposed to leave 3 weeks from tomorrow and finally allowed myself to book Mears for trip from MCO - Pop.

Going to try Sunshine Flyer for the return trip in early February and compare the two. Sunshine Flyer is a new company that begins bus service to/from MCO and Disney parks on Feb 1, 2022. Love their concept!

Last edited:
Slowly, taking baby steps towards this twice-cancelled trip. Supposed to leave 3 weeks from tomorrow and finally allowed myself to book Mears for trip from MCO - Pop.

Going to try Sunshine Flyer for the return trip in early February and compare the two.

We leave 3 weeks from tomorrow too! I can't believe how close it is now!

I’m canceling Mears for my return to airport on 2/2 i just got a 2nd confirmation giving me a pick up time 4 hours prior to my flight...I’m thinking this is because they plan to pick up at 5 or six resorts and Coronado must be first on their list! I will use Uber instead.

Silver lining on crowds for you...
We are getting the final details on our UDA National's trip for DD's Varsity Pom Team. We (team and parents) are staying at Caribbean Beach, which is what I was hoping for, but do not get a Disney room reservation number. What does this mean? It means that we are unable to link our rooms to access early Genie+ reservations, etc.
We will need to wait until park opening to book our LL, which will give others staying on property a better chance in booking.

I am pretty bummed and have been stalking the Genie Tip Board to see how quickly reservations go and it will be a guessing game as to what rides will be sold out or booked before our window opens. Let's just say that its a good thing I could really care less about SDD

Oh well, we are there for DD and will have fun regardless. I am getting super excited.

Hello all! I’ve been lurking a little and hanging out on the Jan thread. Our trip is Jan 27-Feb 5. Thanks for all the info I’ve been silently absorbing lol.

We recently upgraded the last two nights of our stay to the Poly and realized that we get to participate in the Feb 4 extended hours at MK. I got really stoked and started searching the threads for extended hour info. Then I came across a thread that’s says a national competition is in town that weekend and they all get complimentary access to the MK extended hours. For some reason I’m picturing HOARDS of teenage girls packing the park after hours though I know it prob won’t be that bad lol.

Anyone else hear about a completion that weekend? My googling came up with nothing.

Happy 2022 everyone!

Hello all! I’ve been lurking a little and hanging out on the Jan thread. Our trip is Jan 27-Feb 5. Thanks for all the info I’ve been silently absorbing lol.

We recently upgraded the last two nights of our stay to the Poly and realized that we get to participate in the Feb 4 extended hours at MK. I got really stoked and started searching the threads for extended hour info. Then I came across a thread that’s says a national competition is in town that weekend and they all get complimentary access to the MK extended hours. For some reason I’m picturing HOARDS of teenage girls packing the park after hours though I know it prob won’t be that bad lol.

Anyone else hear about a completion that weekend? My googling came up with nothing.

Happy 2022 everyone!
LOL, the post above yours that was posting around the exact same time refers to that competition. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter