***February 2019***

It's a tail-end-of-the-month stay for us. Glad to see everyone's getting the Fastpasses they were hoping to snag! It gives me hope for tomorrow morning that some Christmas magic might keep a couple Flight of Passage and Toy Story Land times available.
Does anyone else have family wanting specific times for odd attractions? Like riding 7DMT as the fireworks go off or Tower of Terror right at sunset?

Came back to report: I got everything I wanted! :ccat: Including a fastpass for FOP in the early afternoon :bounce:. I wasn't aiming at getting one for SSD but there wasn't any available at any time (for the date I checked, Feb. 24)

@Dreamport : no, I don't xD it's my first trip and I dont have many preferences either :)

Hope everyone else booking on this date got all they wanted! Merry Christmas February DISers! :santa:

Came back to report: I got everything I wanted! :ccat: Including a fastpass for FOP in the early afternoon :bounce:. I wasn't aiming at getting one for SSD but there wasn't any available at any time (for the date I checked, Feb. 24)

@Dreamport : no, I don't xD it's my first trip and I dont have many preferences either :)

Hope everyone else booking on this date got all they wanted! Merry Christmas February DISers! :santa:

Glad it worked out for you! I got everything we wanted, including SDD and FOP. No technical difficulties with MDE either. Merry Christmas!

@Laurelinarien You're headed in with a great frame of mind! Trips are so much nicer when someone isn't stressing about set times (says the person always stressing about the one who stresses about the times :laughing: ). I hope your first visit is awesome!

Some magic did sneak in this morning! Could not score a Flight of Passage before 2pm until the last day of our visit, though. Other than that, we've got a pretty solid selection. All that's left is a few tweaks, linking the birthday girl's lunch ressie, and finding a meal for the birthday boy. Merry Christmas (or happy holidays), fellow DISers!

Ok Dis-experts! I could use some advice as I button up daily plans before fast pass day comes this week!

We are taking our daughter who will be a week shy of 3, and its our first time as a family. I've only planned for our non-stop, do-it-all, sleep-when-we're-dead adult trips in the past.

1st question:
Right now I have breakfast at Crystal Palace on our 1st full day, but there are openings for 1900 Park Fare that morning. Obviously a 3 year old girl will want to see princesses AND Pooh, so I'm torn!
There are openings for Crystal Palace the night before, our travel day.

Should we do a quick Magic Kingdom visit our arrival night, and do Crystal Palace dinner?
I didnt have park plans for arrival day, was going to play it by ear (because toddlers, man). We are staying at Boardwalk Villas, so I know there is plenty to do there if we skip the park that night. (No good dinner times available at Trattoria on arrival day - 9pm dinner with a 3 year old? Nope!)
We should get to the hotel around noon, so we certainly have time on arrival day.

2nd question:
Is Hollywood Studios going to be a half-day park with a toddler? Not planning to do much Rider Swap, since it's just the 3 of us and rides are more fun with a friend. I have the Disney Jr breakfast booked, but aside from Toy Story Mania, it doesnt seem like theres much she can do/ride.

* we are doing the Disney Dining Plan, and using each day's table service for a character meal - much better for our girl, than expecting her to wait in lines (she LOVES meeting characters). So we will do a few in-park character meets, but not too many.

Just wondering what the more seasoned parents would do!

Thank you! This fast pass day is stressing me out! But luckily we wont be trying for the super hot ones since our munchkin is too small still.

I booked all my FP+'s last week so I'm glad to hear that all the folks who had to get theirs around Christmas was successful!! DH and I are only going for 4 nights and we're only going to 3 parks with NO hoppers which is a first for us and I'm not sure how I feel about that - I keep having moments of panic wondering if I can add hoppers to my Undercover Tourist tickets, but I don't think I can...

Anyhoo - DH and I are going to Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land for the first time - not only at HS but ANY sort of early/late pay extra for entry event so I opted to NOT get a FP+ for Slinky dog since I figured we would get our fill of it before the park opens and I got a TSM for later in the morning....we'll see if my plan works out!!

This is also our first kid-free visit and our first afternoon we'll be taking a DVC tour - I've got my fingers crossed and breath held, but Im sure DH will say it's a No-Go..

Can't wait!! 51 days!!

Ok Dis-experts! I could use some advice as I button up daily plans before fast pass day comes this week!

We are taking our daughter who will be a week shy of 3, and its our first time as a family. I've only planned for our non-stop, do-it-all, sleep-when-we're-dead adult trips in the past.

1st question:
Right now I have breakfast at Crystal Palace on our 1st full day, but there are openings for 1900 Park Fare that morning. Obviously a 3 year old girl will want to see princesses AND Pooh, so I'm torn!
There are openings for Crystal Palace the night before, our travel day.

Should we do a quick Magic Kingdom visit our arrival night, and do Crystal Palace dinner?
I didnt have park plans for arrival day, was going to play it by ear (because toddlers, man). We are staying at Boardwalk Villas, so I know there is plenty to do there if we skip the park that night. (No good dinner times available at Trattoria on arrival day - 9pm dinner with a 3 year old? Nope!)
We should get to the hotel around noon, so we certainly have time on arrival day.

2nd question:
Is Hollywood Studios going to be a half-day park with a toddler? Not planning to do much Rider Swap, since it's just the 3 of us and rides are more fun with a friend. I have the Disney Jr breakfast booked, but aside from Toy Story Mania, it doesnt seem like theres much she can do/ride.

* we are doing the Disney Dining Plan, and using each day's table service for a character meal - much better for our girl, than expecting her to wait in lines (she LOVES meeting characters). So we will do a few in-park character meets, but not too many.

Just wondering what the more seasoned parents would do!

Thank you! This fast pass day is stressing me out! But luckily we wont be trying for the super hot ones since our munchkin is too small still.
1900PF does not have princesses in the morning - they have Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter at times. So to do both you are going to be duplicating. If you want Cinderella, I would try for 1900PF on arrival nite and you will get her, Prince Charming, the stepsisters and stepmom

HS is a half day for me so I would imagine it would be the same for a toddler. You could ride TSMM and AS2 and see the Frozen show and some character meets

Don't forget you can rider swap for the bigger rides if you want them

1900PF does not have princesses in the morning - they have Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mary Poppins and Mad Hatter at times. So to do both you are going to be duplicating. If you want Cinderella, I would try for 1900PF on arrival nite and you will get her, Prince Charming, the stepsisters and stepmom

HS is a half day for me so I would imagine it would be the same for a toddler. You could ride TSMM and AS2 and see the Frozen show and some character meets

Don't forget you can rider swap for the bigger rides if you want them

Thank you! I didnt realize 1900 Park Fare didnt do princesses all the time!
I will have to see if theres anything better available then.

We will not be doing Rider Swap, we would rather time together than go on rides alone ;)

Hello all! Excited to be staying at BWV 2/25 to 3/6. FP day was today for us, so it's feeling real!

Never mind! I clicked on your PTR and saw your FP notes - sounds like it went great! My date was 12/7. We are only going for 3 days prior to a cruise, so my big fear was not getting FoP since it was such a short trip. But I got it around 4pm on 60+2, and 7DMT on 60+1 at around 2pm. After that, it was gravy.

Getting so excited!!!

Never mind! I clicked on your PTR and saw your FP notes - sounds like it went great! My date was 12/7. We are only going for 3 days prior to a cruise, so my big fear was not getting FoP since it was such a short trip. But I got it around 4pm on 60+2, and 7DMT on 60+1 at around 2pm. After that, it was gravy.

Getting so excited!!!

Awesome that you got those FPs on such a short trip! I was really nervous about FP morning, but we did really well. It helps that we're taking such a long trip that I didn't have anything hard on my itinerary before +3.

***Update***
Heading out February 18th! FP's all set. Got two days worth of FOP FP's and seeing Rivers of Light on our first night. We are doing the TOY STORY LAND Early Morning Magic w/breakfast on the 20th, so we didn't get any SDD FP's and we also gave my DD14 the DISNEY AFTER HOURS EVENT at the MK on the 21st for Xmas (her FAV GIFT!) so we are REALLY looking forward to that night! We are going to be there for a week, so we have TONS planned with the special events and character breakfasts including TUSKER HOUSE, CRYSTAL PALACE, GARDEN GRILL, CAPE MAY CAFE, along with our TRADITION of HOOP-DEE-DOO! The only new place we are trying is The Edison for our lunch on arrival day. My daughter chose that over Art Smith's Homecoming, although I beleive I may sneak off and try Art Smith's Homecoming at some point in our trip :) We are staying at POR, so we also have a night planned with Yee-Ha-Bob! I have an ex-student of mine who works as a VIP tour guide in the World, and she has informed me that they don't expect the larger crowds at President's Week this year (and has also stated that crowds have been incredibly manageable over the holidays as well) that they usually see as she has stated that many people are waiting until Star Wars land in the fall, as rooms are booking in the fall at a RECORD PACE! This is going to be our last trip for two years as we sit back and wait for the Star Wars craze to settle in, although I don't think that will settle within two years, but at least that gives some time for things to get figured out. Really looking forward to this trip. Hope to see some of our DisBoard friends there :)

***Update***
Heading out February 18th! FP's all set. Got two days worth of FOP FP's and seeing Rivers of Light on our first night. We are doing the TOY STORY LAND Early Morning Magic w/breakfast on the 20th, so we didn't get any SDD FP's and we also gave my DD14 the DISNEY AFTER HOURS EVENT at the MK on the 21st for Xmas (her FAV GIFT!) so we are REALLY looking forward to that night! We are going to be there for a week, so we have TONS planned with the special events and character breakfasts including TUSKER HOUSE, CRYSTAL PALACE, GARDEN GRILL, CAPE MAY CAFE, along with our TRADITION of HOOP-DEE-DOO! The only new place we are trying is The Edison for our lunch on arrival day. My daughter chose that over Art Smith's Homecoming, although I beleive I may sneak off and try Art Smith's Homecoming at some point in our trip :) We are staying at POR, so we also have a night planned with Yee-Ha-Bob! I have an ex-student of mine who works as a VIP tour guide in the World, and she has informed me that they don't expect the larger crowds at President's Week this year (and has also stated that crowds have been incredibly manageable over the holidays as well) that they usually see as she has stated that many people are waiting until Star Wars land in the fall, as rooms are booking in the fall at a RECORD PACE! This is going to be our last trip for two years as we sit back and wait for the Star Wars craze to settle in, although I don't think that will settle within two years, but at least that gives some time for things to get figured out. Really looking forward to this trip. Hope to see some of our DisBoard friends there :)

We will be there then too! We will get there on the 16th and getting very excited. It's been a few years since we were there during President's Week and just hoping they extend the hours than what is currently listed. Did your ex-student say anything about that? We were there last year in January and the hours listed right now for President's Week are the same as when we were there in January, but I know it will definitely be a busier time. Keeping my fingers crossed they extend :)

We will be there then too! We will get there on the 16th and getting very excited. It's been a few years since we were there during President's Week and just hoping they extend the hours than what is currently listed. Did your ex-student say anything about that? We were there last year in January and the hours listed right now for President's Week are the same as when we were there in January, but I know it will definitely be a busier time. Keeping my fingers crossed they extend :)

Have they done any updates to hours past the first week of February? I have it oi my head that they updated through Feb 5th or thereabouts well over a month ago and we should have had updates for the rest of February by now.

Have they done any updates to hours past the first week of February? I have it oi my head that they updated through Feb 5th or thereabouts well over a month ago and we should have had updates for the rest of February by now.
I'm thinking last year Mk was bumped back to 9pm closing? So I'm really hoping that happens again this year.

Also had a few bumps in the road (IT glitches) but I did get a FP for FOP and SDD, I had planned for AK and HS to be our last 2 days. SDD was at 3:15, but I've been able to bump it up to 2:10, I'll keep trying to get it earlier if possible

They will extend most likely by two hours (MK extension) I always go by Touring Plans and have used the past years hours for planning and they are extremely reliable. I had heard that the extension for Presidents week should happen around the 10th of January, but you know Disney :/ If I hear anything I will let you know :)

They will extend most likely by two hours (MK extension) I always go by Touring Plans and have used the past years hours for planning and they are extremely reliable. I had heard that the extension for Presidents week should happen around the 10th of January, but you know Disney :/ If I hear anything I will let you know :)

Awesome thanks!

I booked all my FP+'s last week so I'm glad to hear that all the folks who had to get theirs around Christmas was successful!! DH and I are only going for 4 nights and we're only going to 3 parks with NO hoppers which is a first for us and I'm not sure how I feel about that - I keep having moments of panic wondering if I can add hoppers to my Undercover Tourist tickets, but I don't think I can...

Anyhoo - DH and I are going to Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land for the first time - not only at HS but ANY sort of early/late pay extra for entry event so I opted to NOT get a FP+ for Slinky dog since I figured we would get our fill of it before the park opens and I got a TSM for later in the morning....we'll see if my plan works out!!

This is also our first kid-free visit and our first afternoon we'll be taking a DVC tour - I've got my fingers crossed and breath held, but Im sure DH will say it's a No-Go..

Can't wait!! 51 days!!

Hi! You can add parkhopper to your tickets when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter